Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyhiwraith View Post
    Eureka is basically 1.0 which was obviously a massive failure. 2.0 brought it back to life.

1.0 was an attempt at being like FFXI. 2.0 Was all about massive fate trains.

Everyone HATED Eureka hardcore when they tried to kill fate trains (AKA, like 1.0). People demanded it to be nerfed and back to fate trains (like 2.0).

Do we see the correlation here? 1.0 was awful, garbage, it died. Was so bad it literally got shut down. 1.0 is FFXIV's attempt at FFXI, whether or not it is or isn't like FFXI, they need to stop bringing in any content from that or taking ideas from it, because clearly it has killed the game once and I doubt it couldn't do it again. It's clear people like 2.0 (FFXIV) more than 1.0 (FFXI). This is SE trying to recreate FFXI and it's awful, leave FFXI out of FFXIV. Doesn't matter if it's like FFXI or not, this is SE trying to make it into FFXI so STOP trying to be FFXI.
    I'd really like to see specifics of what elements from XI are ruining Eureka for everyone. I've lost count of the number of times that people will say that Eureka is FFXI in a nutshell, but I never see it fleshed out more than that. I get that Xi hate is big around these parts, but it seems there may be a lot of misplaced blame. Also, I'm confused when you say "it doesn't matter if it's like XI or not" - in a conversation that is directly blaming XI for poor gameplay in XIV, I'd say it definitely matters whether or not there is any link at all.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidel View Post
    It really wasn't though. And if you honestly think that then you in all likelihood didn't play one or the other (or both). Whenever I see people parroting this misinformation it just comes off as baseless bias.

The only influence XI arguably had over on XIV 1.0 is that the devs working on 1.0 had it in their head that because they've made one MMORPG, they could do no wrong. That and the playable races. The similarities basically stopped there.
    Yeah. I have a friend who played 1.0 and FF XI. They said FF XIV 1.0 was absolutely terrible and the only good part about it was the end. They praise FF XI when it gets brought up though and I know they go back to it from time to time. One was not like the other. I don't understand why people think that. I played FF XI for I'd say about a year and I had a blast. Was it grindy as all get out? Yes. But I enjoyed every moment of it in a way I still don't quite understand. There was just something magical about that game and even after a year's play I had only begun to scratch the surface.
    (5)
    Last edited by Vahlnir; 01-24-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Purgatori Sakkara
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    As someone who doesn't really like instanced group content, I'm all for porting FFXI into FFXIV... Provided they do a good job the port, and don't simply supplant one form of forced-grouping (which is different from players working together, since working together does not imply remaining in a group for extended periods of time) with another.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Eureka is basically 1.0 which was obviously a massive failure. 2.0 brought it back to life.

1.0 was an attempt at being like FFXI. 2.0 Was all about massive fate trains.

Everyone HATED Eureka hardcore when they tried to kill fate trains (AKA, like 1.0). People demanded it to be nerfed and back to fate trains (like 2.0).

Do we see the correlation here? 1.0 was awful, garbage, it died. Was so bad it literally got shut down. 1.0 is FFXIV's attempt at FFXI, whether or not it is or isn't like FFXI, they need to stop bringing in any content from that or taking ideas from it, because clearly it has killed the game once and I doubt it couldn't do it again. It's clear people like 2.0 (FFXIV) more than 1.0 (FFXI). This is SE trying to recreate FFXI and it's awful, leave FFXI out of FFXIV. Doesn't matter if it's like FFXI or not, this is SE trying to make it into FFXI so STOP trying to be FFXI.
    Eureka isn't really like 1.0 at all, 1.0 had guildleves from the start as repeatable quests you could do to level, there's no repeatable quests in Eureka. And honestly the biggest problem with 1.0 was that they didn't take or learn enough from FFXI, they threw the baby out with the bathwater and made an empty shell of a Final Fantasy that had thaumaturges and pugilists and maybe one or two references to a chocobo, and other than that was a generic fantasy MMO full of burlap sack gear that completely lacked the "Final Fantasy feel".
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Cyhiwraith Galbraith
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    The issue is you guys are taking it as Eureka *IS* FFXI, no, it's just the devs ATTEMPTING to make it FFXI. Grind fest, kill mobs, lose exp, kill more mobs, chain farm, kill kill kill kill same thing over and over. Again, they are *attempting* to copy FFXI, even if it is a complete failure.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    The issue is you guys are taking it as Eureka *IS* FFXI, no, it's just the devs ATTEMPTING to make it FFXI. Grind fest, kill mobs, lose exp, kill more mobs, chain farm, kill kill kill kill same thing over and over.
    That is basically what others, myself included, have said. You were comparing XI to 1.0, and 1.0 to Eureka. That's like saying apples are like walnuts, and walnuts are like bananas. None of it is really relatable.
    (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    The issue is you guys are taking it as Eureka *IS* FFXI, no, it's just the devs ATTEMPTING to make it FFXI. Grind fest, kill mobs, lose exp, kill more mobs, chain farm, kill kill kill kill same thing over and over. Again, they are *attempting* to copy FFXI, even if it is a complete failure.
    XPing and grinding mobs is nothing new, and it's definitely not exclusive to XI.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Cyhiwraith Galbraith
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    1.0 was a failed attempt at FFXI improvement. Just like Eureka is a failed attempt at FFXI improvement.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    1.0 was a failed attempt at FFXI improvement. Just like Eureka is a failed attempt at FFXI improvement.
    While there were some similarities you are, again, trying to compare things which can't really be compared.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Personal Housing
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Player
    Character
    Chloe Lehideux
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 74
    People saying eureka is not like FFXI they are 100% right, because FFXI was trash due to the trash combat and eureka in ffxiv is pretty decent comparing to that.
    I played this old game few times, its an mmorpg with the combat of a turn base game, awful as hell, idk why people find it nicer, zerg rush for fates is more exciting than that.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast