Player
    Character
    Aria Wildheart
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Angry Seiryu mount NPC? 215 clears and counting...

Hello, I have been helping my girlfriend farm for the final mount for her fox in Seiryu and it has been nothing but bad luck as far as drops and rolls. I'm curious why the totem NPCs cannot be added at the primal's launch (Even if the mount costed more totems initially.) At this point the primal has long since stopped being "fun" and is now nothingmore than a point of frustration. Can we PLEASE have the NPC options for the mount turn-in closer to the launch of the primal? Especially for the final primals in a series I feel it would alleviate alot of frustration among those that enjoy collecting mounts.
    (0)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Because it stops crazy people who have 99+ but are impatient to keep farming and keeping the content alive
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    It’s intentional why the primal mounts are not available for purchase immediately when a primal is released (even for a higher cost), because it keeps players like yourself and your girlfriend going into the content. That, in turn, allows the Party Finder to remain active, and players that didn’t farm it 99 times on release can more easily get into groups (because people are actively farming the primal, even if they have already surpassed 99 totems).

Even with you and your girlfriend having 200+ totems, you are still participating in the content. That’s what the developers want. It’s artificial longevity, sure, but you’re keeping the content alive longer.

As for when Seiryu’s kamuy will be purchaseable, Zurvan’s was made purchaseable in Patch 3.56, which released on March 28, 2017. So, if they follow the pattern from Heavensward, Seiryu’s will be buyable whenever Patch 4.56 drops—which will probably be around late March/early April 2019.
    (2)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    Because it stops crazy people who have 99+ but are impatient to keep farming and keeping the content alive
    Or they burn out and quit the game out of frustration...

Endlessly chasing a carrot you never get is the prime source of burn out in games. Eventually you have enough. I've never agreed with artificially inflating queue times by trying to shove players into content they hate or taking advantage of the unlucky. It leaves a bad taste.

If you beat Seiryu 100 times in 2 weeks, you really deserve a mount.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    Or they burn out and quit the game out of frustration...

Endlessly chasing a carrot you never get is the prime source of burn out in games. Eventually you have enough. I've never agreed with artificially inflating queue times by trying to shove players into content they hate or taking advantage of the unlucky. It leaves a bad taste.

If you beat Seiryu 100 times in 2 weeks, you really deserve a mount.
    Or the players could just stop at 99 totems and wait until it’s purchasable, if the concern is that they’ll quit the game out of frustration due to bad luck. I’m all for venting about bad RNG, but the person who chooses to continue farming past 99 is the player themselves. Not anyone else.
    (1)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Im on 150+ for Suzaku, so why cant i get my mount yet? Why i am i supposed to give up and wait or waist UNDGODLY ammounts of time? right now im bussy with the next but its... you feel burned out after the 2nd expension, being fu##### by bad luck while others got that special mount on day one (so for sure didnt just do the fight 300 times or smt) and use it all the time, i no its not their intention but by design you get it rubbed in your face. You got new fc members wanting to farm? nope sry not gonna share my chance again, after giving away several mounts... I know its my own fault but at one point youre bound to get bitter... and its gettin worse as they keep smacking more and more rng in our faces.

Sometimes you just wanna unsub till X.55 to finally just play the game and enjoy...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    then you should do that, lest you totally get so bitter you can't even enjoy anything anymore. RNGesus is RNGesus. i wanted to be the first in our group of friends to get kyubi but i've run Seiryuu 50+ times and haven't even seen a whistle, while a person who had 4 doggos got lucky with a 97 on Seiryuu and then only had to end up getting Lakshmi's the other night and got their Kyubi. i'm jelly but whateves.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    im not even jelly i dont give a dam about others having it, but about that bad luck all the time... imo they gotta reduce the numbers we roll, 1-9 is enough. im sick of rolling finally a 80 only for others literally having 82, 84, 91, 94...

But if i give up now, all the work feels void and i can literally unsub till 5.5. But if i do this ill loose my FC and my house - and if that happens i wont return anymore...
    (0)