Player
    Character
    Hildegarde Rosea
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    Given that feedback takes around 6 months to be implemented, thats not going to happen, sorry. I'd also not have development on BLU affecting the quality of the expansion, I'd rather they delete BLU from the game than follow your feedback.
    Why in the...world do you have to act like that? This is a feedback thread for everyone's voice to be heard. That's why it's MY road map. Do you really want to go out of your way to completely invalidate me specifically so you can have your way? I disagreed with some aspects of Shougun's roadmap, but I didn't tell him that I hope his idea doesn't happen. You have YOUR road map too, there are other topics for this backstabbing.

In this arena that was set up for some future construction, here comes utter destruction. Wonderful.
    (11)
    Last edited by Valdegarde; 01-22-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdegarde View Post
    Why in the...world do you have to act like that?
    If I came across as malicious, I apologize, but this is a public forum where I have the right to respond to comments. I did not disagree with your roadmap, only the notion that BLU needs fixing before Shadowbringers. Maybe I'm just jaded by the forums entitlement lately and your post gave me vibes of those posts. The devs aren't miracle workers, we have to remember that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdegarde View Post
    -
    Would recommend changing some words just encase things turn into a report storm and feelings get hurt (if it gets too off topic), you didn't hurt me by saying that f* thing (since it was an example not a statement, but if a GM reads stuff because things were getting out of hand - just giving a friendly suggestion lol). Also the thread was set up so if you disagree you've already posted what you prefer - as you suggested :P, I rather wanted to see what people thought was a good solution vs arguing over key wording SE has said or should have said (popular activity right now, and maybe a worthy one but just stopped offering an interesting read to me). SE, if they want, can read through our maps and see if they feel it has anything of reason haha.

If I came across as malicious, I apologize . . .
    Nice, looks like we're back on topic. Thanks guys
    (1)
    Last edited by Shougun; 01-22-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hildegarde Rosea
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    If I came across as malicious, I apologize, but this is a public forum where I have the right to respond to comments. I did not disagree with your roadmap, only the notion that BLU needs fixing before shadowbringers. Maybe I'm just jaded by the forums entitlement lately and your post gave me vibes of those posts
    I viewed your post as entitled as well, but I accept your apology and offer my own. Thank you for clarifying that. I made effort to present a roadmap in my own opinion based on what I'd like to see, I don't believe I asserted a notion that there's an objective need involved. I would be happy if my roadmap is followed, I don't necessarily expect it. To say I'm not deserving of even my own ideas in this, an idea topic was very hurtful and I thank you for your apology.
    (5)
    Last edited by Valdegarde; 01-22-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rahn'a Lihzeh
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I too wish to see BLU deleted. It seems to have too many skills that are detrimental to a party's overall makeup, while at the same time not offering proper DPS options aside from 1k needles and even that wont do much against high level bosses since it is SET at 1k and has a 6 second cast timer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Uielyave View Post
    I too wish to see BLU deleted. It seems to have too many skills that are detrimental to a party's overall makeup, while at the same time not offering proper DPS options aside from 1k needles and even that wont do much against high level bosses since it is SET at 1k and has a 6 second cast timer.
    What BLU skills are "detrimental", exactly? Mighty Guard is no replacement for a proper tank because BLU still doesn't have the HP or defense to take hits that well except in easier content like dungeons, and their damage output gets totally gutted by it on top of that. White Wind is powerful, but it's not very efficient because you'll be overhealing most of the time and trying to substitute for a proper healer in harder content is just going to make you run out of MP unless you're spamming Blood Drain instead of a move that actually does decent DPS.

Also, 1K needles gets outclassed by almost everything eventually if you keep yourself properly geared.

No offense, but I feel like you didn't actually play the class that much.
    (5)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 01-22-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The only change I really want:

The entire idea of Blue Mage is that it's meant to be a solo combat job right? In that case, we should be able to get EVERY spell without grouping up even once. They should add some solo only duties to acquire ALL the spells that blue mage can learn.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Amson Beoulve
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre_Noireau View Post

Blue Mage and all it's related content removed from game. Apologies from the developing team for this miss managment issued. A new EXP ring for levels under 60 issue to all players that had leveled Blue Mage to level 50. Blue Mage to be reincorporated later into the game after Shadowbringers release as a full fledged job.

Combat System and Party System changes.
    - Combat now considered Element and Passive stats much more, also, a more diverse variety of enemies, including bosses, are vulnerable to new and old status effects, stat modifications, etc.
    - Party System change: Light Party 5 players, Full Party 10 players.
    - New role added: Support. Hybrid Roles of Support + DPS, Tank or Heals that fill the new 5th slot for Light Party and the 9th and 10th slot for Full Party.

Role Support:
    Support jobs offer huge buffs and enfeebles to allies and enemies, they come equiped with a suit of diverse skills that allow them to be a kind of Hybrid class between support + healer, DPS or tank roles. For this reason, all role skill will be removed from the current roles and added into these new Role jobs as part of their main arsenal.

New Support Jobs at 5.0 release:

Blue Mage - Support + Magic DPS and passive healer.
    Riskbreaker (We need more vagrant story here!) (Gunblade) - Support + Melee DPS and passive tank.
    Viking - Support + Tanking and passive DPS.

(By passive, i mean, slow non bursty DPS/Heals/Mitigation, is there, but cannot hold for +2 minutes of constant combat)

Blue Mage comes with several famous Monster Magicks, minus the more silly ones. It's role in the party is to enfeeble enemies with debuffs to their resistances and stats while doing average DPS from range and have a few shield and passive regen skills as an extra service.

The Masked Carnivale is added to Gold Saucer. Only Blue Mage jobs can participate on it. It incorporates the more silly unbalanced skills and re-uses the current skill acquisition system with some modification, instead of being RNG based acquisition it will be a progress bar that counts either Seeing the Skills or Killing the monsters. This Carnivale will allow Blue Mages to get the more powerful Monster Magick but only for shows (here is where we reintroduce the whole questline now) and they would mostly like, real Monster Magick + Special FX to allow Blue Mages to more like "Simulate" these "sillier" skills during the exhibitions rather than truly learning skills from Hydaelyns literal Gods.

Further classes will be added to all roles, and the whole concept of a "Limited Job" gets scrapped - The new concept to add is "Job Challenges" where new trials like the Masked Carnivale are added to all different classes with time, like jump platforming trials for dragoons, 1vs1 arcadey fighting simulators for monks, laser tag for Machinists, etc, let imagination run rampant with that.
    I agree with most of this but don't delete the blu systems that are already in the game. I'd like to see limited blu be renamed into Freelancer or Mimic and use those system to build up a true solo only job that can pull abilities and traits from ALL DoW and DoM jobs.

Limited blu could be the ground work for something like this then SE could build it up over time like having a patch that adds "war and blm" choices to Freelancer/Mimic.

Here's a thread I made awhile back about a base idea I had for a blu caster or melee job and for others to share their own ideas.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l-Blu-Concepts

Here's a thread where some of us talked how we think limited jobs could be changed into something accepted by more of the playerbase.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ue-Limited-Job
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Just my thoughts on a lot of the feedback mentioned, the chances, in my opinion, of them raising the level cap so much so quickly: because Blue Mage can enter any content with a premade party, they're never going to let it enter currently relevant raiding. So I would expect that the 10 levels per expansion is really all we can expect. They could, however, make the level gaps larger and raise the cap by 5 levels twice per expansion.

As far as other changes, too many enemies are immune to too many status effects that make blue mage spell combos worth performing leading the dismal DPS for the job. So Blue Mage needs at least one spell with a decent potency on its own. Water Cannon could have its potency upped to 180. Additionally I would like to see it's DPS adjusted by the inclusion of weapon damage and stats. This is just as much a factor to their poor damage as anything else.

However what I think would be far more interesting is to change Blue Mage into something new for the game. It has some of the basic toolkit to allow it to be a tanking job. Mighty Guard operates as a tank stance, it has a defensive cool down in the form of Diamondback, and a group agro ability in the form of The Look. The job would require a unique armor set that has tank levels of vitality and defense with caster levels of intelligence, so that could be a lot for Square to insert into the game. That, to me, would be the most interesting solution to the job since it's not really working great as it is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    If we are going off the current path of side content here are the change I want to see before 5.0 hits.
    - Add primals to Masked Carnival or have special Primal Fight design just for Blue Mage
    - Add other options to get Dungeon spells like FATE or Leve
    - Open up Palace of the Dead to BLU

Going forward here is what I want to see from the job:
    -Spells learned from Open World content only to include FATE, HUNT, and LEVE other wise just make it a DPS Caster
    -Change to BLU Guide book to give monster family instead of location.
    -More combo type spells
    -(I'm going to get hate for this one) Make it harder to learn spells in the open world so the level experience and spell learning experience are about equal in progression time.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast