Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Velikayl Minx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Yeah, I knew there were guides out but had no intention of looking at them when I started. I assumed the book would give spell names and I could try to remember where I seen those skills before. Then I got in the game and see 'west than' ..... ok, guide it is I guess.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I'd be satisfied enough if we got some indication that "this is a spell you can learn" once you've seen it, if you don't learn it right away. Got lucky with Ice Spikes pretty quick, and then wasted a fair bit of time trying to learn Blaze Spikes.

I didn't really mind going around and testing out all the mobs in an area, but given the rng, would've preferred some way of knowing if a skill can actually be acquired without just grinding a few and then assuming if it hasn't dropped it's not a spell.

Also mildly disappointed that they had to resort to adding new mobs for some skills. Kinda understand it, end of the day, probably less work than cracking into the old mob AI code to add things. But also just results in "oh, guess that's clearly something with a spell, one less mystery."
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rasler-heios Nabradia
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SannaR View Post
    Same thing with faze the zone they want you to go to is a level 30+ yet there's lower level mobs you can go and learn it off of. Heck there's even a lower level fate you could get it in. Not that a lot of people would want to do the eyes have it fate but it's again a lower level non AV choice. Thankfully there's only a few end bosses that don't have open world counter parts and yes I'm including ability to get the look from a leve in there.
    Which look and which leve are you referring?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rasler-heios Nabradia
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SannaR View Post
    Same thing with faze the zone they want you to go to is a level 30+ yet there's lower level mobs you can go and learn it off of. Heck there's even a lower level fate you could get it in. Not that a lot of people would want to do the eyes have it fate but it's again a lower level non AV choice. Thankfully there's only a few end bosses that don't have open world counter parts and yes I'm including ability to get the look from a leve in there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasler_Heios View Post
    The Look is the name of one of the skills, and there's a Necrologos levequest in St. Chonach's Find which spawns a monster that uses the skill. Meaning this can be learned solo rather than having to get to the final boss of Amdapoor Keep.

This again is an instance where it would have been more interesting to have the book just say there's a skill called "The Look" and leave it up to you to find it rather than say there's a skill you can learn in Amdapoor Keep.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rasler-heios Nabradia
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by wereotter View Post
    The Look is the name of one of the skills, and there's a Necrologos levequest in St. Chonach's Find which spawns a monster that uses the skill. Meaning this can be learned solo rather than having to get to the final boss of Amdapoor Keep.

This again is an instance where it would have been more interesting to have the book just say there's a skill called "The Look" and leave it up to you to find it rather than say there's a skill you can learn in Amdapoor Keep.
    Yes that’s what I’m trying to do. If it can be learned outside the dungeons and trials I would rather get it from there. I learned one skill beating Crag Claws in Ala Ghana. Thank you for the information. I’ll go get cracking with the levequest then.
    (0)

"Is adventuring not supposed to be glorious? I thought it was supposed to be glorious." - Vath Deftarm, Dravanian Hinterlands, An Acquired Taste
    "That's a fine accomplishment lad. Young and lusty as you are, no doubt you'll achieve much and more in the years to come. I look forward to hearin' all your deeds." - Jonathas, Master of the Rolls, Old Gridania

Player
    Character
    Blue Plenilune
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    I think it would be pretty cool if, instead of bland question mark symbols appearing over spells you haven't learned, it instead showed silhouettes of the monsters you learn spells from.
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3