Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ariane Aster
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Could the BLU spellbook be a little more helpful in finding spells to learn?

To begin with, yes, I know the entire spell list was datamined and posted online a week before BLU was even available. I'm not looking to be given the complete, perfect answer straight away, rather for a middle ground so I can enjoy chasing spells without feeling completely lost.

It would be nice to have a hint as to what the mob looks like, spell looks like (or what it does), or area it's in (i.e. Alder Springs or Proud Creek etc.). Otherwise, combined with the fact that you have only a chance to learn the spell, I find myself wandering around every mob in the zone, unsure if I should move on because there was never anything to get here or if I've just been unlucky.

If anyone remembers the very first 20 entries in the sightseeing log (the ones that made sure to include something about the location, time, weather and emote, unlike the next 60), something like that would be ideal, though I imagine a lot of effort is involved in writing hints like that.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    There is a light etching mechanic for the restoration of Doma, and as a kid you might remember scratching a paper onto something and getting an image... I wonder if we could have a minor sort of etching mechanic here where the book gives you a hint to where you may find the spell with perhaps a few notes, and for each monster you kill (in the correct zone(s)) the etching becomes clearer and clearer and instantly reveals if you killed the right monster. At the top right of the image would be a "top three" list of "???" to where the monster is located. I say three just because SE probably doesn't want to data mine themselves and make a huge list when a monster is over used.

In this way you can wander around with a vague description that becomes clearer with each step, some people being able to guess the monster on the first reveal (others not remembering what monsters are in the zone might need a few more steps).

Also someone asked for a visual, audio, or whatever notice when a monster casts a spell you may be able to learn. I think that should be added too to let people know you're on the right track. For example it could be a little blue mage cane and question mark sort of icon by their name tag once they've casted a spell you could learn.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shougun; 01-22-2019 at 12:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I agree - the tips are far too vague.

There's a degree of vagueness that makes you want to guess and work it out for yourself, and one that is so wide-open it would take too long to test the possibilities. Especially when there's no feedback that you're getting closer until you actually stumble on the right combination of place, monster, used skill, and random chance.

At this point there's no fun in working it out, when you could save yourself literally hours of work by consulting a list.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Maybe for the harder ones that you don't see often or doesn't have a cast bar that goes with it. Like loom and drill cannon. One you don't realize it's a move and I don't think every one of that type does the move where every Quirin or Goblin and bomb inside a dungeon does their moves. I probably had a better time with some because some of the spells are blue mage staples.
    (0)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'd rather it display the class of enemy that uses the skill.
    Not the exact name but something like 'Imp' for Ice Spikes.
    I mean it just so happens that all Imp type creatures use Ice Spikes, so that would be an easy one, but others are specific creatures and so that wouldn't give it away entirely, but at least you'd know you're not killing the complete wrong type of monster.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    these kinds of things they expect the community to gather together and crowdsource it out. and lo and behold when the files were added to the game everything was already datamined.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    It could be but given the idea is to go hunt down the abilities I suppose they didn't feel a need to exactly, plus being side content there's not really a burning need to get everything day one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Yeah, I was really hoping for hints myself. It's no fun to look at a list of answers, I wanna figure things out myself.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Esprit Libre
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    It doesn't help that some of their "suggestions" on where to get the spell are ridiculous. Like, Gogmagolem boss in Copperbell HM for Plainscracker, really? Or stating EX primals for all their spells when you only need EX for two of them, causing ALOT of people to suffer even more than they have to for those.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Espritduo View Post
    It doesn't help that some of their "suggestions" on where to get the spell are ridiculous. Like, Gogmagolem boss in Copperbell HM for Plainscracker, really? Or stating EX primals for all their spells when you only need EX for two of them, causing ALOT of people to suffer even more than they have to for those.
    Same thing with faze the zone they want you to go to is a level 30+ yet there's lower level mobs you can go and learn it off of. Heck there's even a lower level fate you could get it in. Not that a lot of people would want to do the eyes have it fate but it's again a lower level non AV choice. Thankfully there's only a few end bosses that don't have open world counter parts and yes I'm including ability to get the look from a leve in there.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast