Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Angelic Heliodess
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70

Blue mage is a waste of potential, change my mind.

First of all, it is a good thing that SE is trying something new; however, they did not make blue mage right.

As a solo job, 24 out of 49 spells are locked behind dungeons/trials. There is no way or extremely hard to solo them. Even if you can solo it with extremely long time, the spell is also locked behind rng drop. As a solo job, you cannot have fun by just playing solo is a mess.

Either make blue mage super broken to be able to solo everything, or make blue mage into a proper job.

Blue mage is not broken and is also restricted out of duty finder is terrible. You have to rely on other people with lv70 to carry you through defeats the purpose of the concept of solo job. Blue mage has so much potential, but current design is just a waste of time.
    (156)

Player
    Character
    Tera Svenay
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 82
    You right.
    (48)

Player
    Character
    Sym Sol
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 85
    It's not good. It won't take long for the polish to wear off and everyone to wonder wtf they are supposed to do with this job. I gave it a fair shake, and I honestly enjoyed leveling to 50 first day. On the real though, no sane person is going to camp these old ass trials with abysmal droprates on the spells when they can only use them for the content they are grinding in.
    (37)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    I'm considering waiting for the spell drop rate buff, myself. Because you know that's one of the first things to give, it always is.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Doranaux Wavemet
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Whanext View Post
    B]solo[/B] job[/U], 24 out of 49 spells are locked behind dungeons/trials. There is no way or extremely hard to solo them. Even if you can solo it with extremely long time, the spell is also locked behind rng drop. As a solo job, you cannot have fun by just playing solo is a mess.
    This is what's particularly frustrating for me. I'm solidly in the Limited-Jobs-Are-A-Terrible-Idea camp, but even if we just look at what it is (rather than what it isn't: a full job) its still terrible because it isnt what it was advertised as (a solo focused job) nor does it excel at doing its own content: learning abilities. Its insanely more efficient to have a level 70 help you kill primals, run dungeons, etc than it is to do them yourself or even with other BLU.
    (30)
    Last edited by WellFooled; 01-20-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    A true paladin... will sheathe his sword.

Player
    Character
    Skaenborn Kelthyrtsyn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Honestly though.

It really isn’t my cup of tea. It probably wouldn’t if it was an actual class either. I probably won’t continue playing it when it’s level cap increases.
    (3)
    Last edited by Fredco191; 01-21-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Saikhan Kha
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 71
    Blue Mage is a Solo Job: Only when you're leveling and even then, people are getting help from 70s to kill mobs.
    Blue Mage Is too Overpowered: This job is more like a Red Mage. Jack of All Trades and master of none. It doesn't do anything better than any individual job role. This could have been balanced as an actual job. Especially when you consider that the whole gimmick for blue mage are these OP spells that don't work on alot of bosses because they fully resist them. Whats the point in making a blue mage a limited job if you can't use their gimmicks on everything? That's stupid.
    Blue Mage is all about learning mob spells. You can't make that into an actual job: ...You can lock blue mage from lvling until it learns certain spells or put them behind job quests or just grant the skills to them on lvl up... It's not hard.
    Blue Mage is a Solo Job thats why you can't use duty finder: Then why let us use party finder? Why is it that Blue Mage has to get spells from lvl 50 dungeons/trials that requires help from others? That directly contradicts what the blue mage was advertised as. There is nothing about blue mage that is solo at lvl 50 other than masked carnivale which is one and done content.

Blue Mage is the most pointless waste of resource content I have ever seen implemented into this game. (Give us public damage parsers and modding already)
    (41)
    Last edited by Wolf_Heartnet; 01-20-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    The only thing that has me still going at this point is that I want to try the Masked Carnival at least once. With the allied seals, are these a weekly reward or just a one time thing? The seals would be nice to work on for awhile in order to get all my speed buffs + GC outfits, but that's about it for me :X
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arna Whisperwind
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I thought I was going to go around the over world collecting spells. MAYBE a handful of abilities from dungeons. I didn't expect that over half of the currently released kit was going to be from dungeons/trials that require a group. Sorry SE but this isn't what you advertised at all. A solo job is just that a job in which everything you need to do can be done by yourself.
    (47)

Player
    Character
    Hildegarde Rosea
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivvy View Post
    The only thing that has me still going at this point is that I want to try the Masked Carnival at least once. With the allied seals, are these a weekly reward or just a one time thing? The seals would be nice to work on for awhile in order to get all my speed buffs + GC outfits, but that's about it for me :X
    They're all one time only except it looks like 3 per week that randomly change and require different bonuses to clear (think like...Smash Bros. bonuses for not using items, things like that).

Also the mind that should be changing isn't yours but the developers. I feel like there is only one thing standing in the way of a vastly better Blue Mage job, whether it be lifting the restrictions and allowing it to function as a less limited, more balanced job, or allowing it to solo everything as complete side content, albeit more engaging side content.
    That thing is pride, or stubbornness on the dev team's part.
    They really seemed set on going forward with this scheduled plan they thought was an incredible implementation.

I suppose there have been bigger overhauls though, like Warrior from the start of 2.0 or something. But yeah, there's the hurdle. Nobody here will be changing your mind I think. Those that would try, don't have very convincing arguments anymore. It's up to the developers from here on out. Dead content, empty content, solo content, or have another job content.
    (9)

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast