Player
    Character
    Zorixas Xirius
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

[Feedback] Learning Blue Magic from Primals

My feedback for learning Blue Magic from Primals is pretty simple: It's not fun.

It's not fun to keep trying, over and over and over again to obtain nothing. Especially when it's for a spell that we see in front of our faces, every single time. Unlike trying to get a whistle, where the thought is, "Ok, I've beaten them 50 times, maybe there will be one on the 51st try." Instead, what we have to deal with is, "I've seen the same ability 50 times, maybe I will learn it on the 51st try, even though I'm seeing it every time." I can understand it taking a few tries to learn, but this is crazy. Stop it! Raise the chances of learning it. Anything above 5 attempts is complete madness. Learning blue magic from other Final Fantasy games besides Final Fantasy XI wasn't this painful, and the feedback from FFXI was already clear: The low chance of learning blue magic spells wasn't fun. Why make the same mistake twice?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laphael Lanelar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    The chance to learn the spell should be much higher.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    It would be nice if we were allowed to earn something like Minor Whalaqee Totems from certain content that can be traded in to learn the BLU spells instead (50 for a primal spell perhaps?). It's not fun running something on normal or hard and getting nothing useful from it, while Extreme at least can be used to farm mounts, crafting pieces or even WT for those that need/want them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    learning the spell is like getting a pony drop at start of release - they'll prob up the acquisition rate in a later patch. Gotta keep you on that drip!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Len Mei
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Yeah, it's not fun when you're doing it about..... 100+ or more and still not getting the skill... *cough cough* (I'm looking at you Shiva with the 109 Diamond dust sitting in my inventory..)

Edit: I still haven't gotten this skill as in today as we speak.
    (2)
    Last edited by VeolE; 01-19-2019 at 03:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Asana Rama
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 74
    Whoever is in charge of learning-rates and drop-rates does not understand probability and is, therefore, incompetent. Things that involve probability are usually very counterintuitive. Consider something that has a 5% chance of dropping or being learned. That means a 95% chance of not getting it within in one try, a 95% of 95% chance of not getting it within two tries, a 95% of 95% of 95% chance of not getting it within three tries, and so on. The probability that you won’t get it within X tries is 0.95 raised to the Xth power. That means there is about a 0.59% chance of not getting it within 100 tries.

Next, you have to consider the number of people who play the game. How many people are how likely to go 0/100? What about 0/1,000? Really the thing to consider is how likely just *one* person is to go 0/1,000 or whatever number is too high. It is unacceptable to treat a single customer that way. Bottom line, *nothing* should drop based on pure chance. *Everything* that has less than a 100% rate must have currency/points/whatever associated with it, and you always get some. Maybe sometimes you get twice as much as other times, however they want to set it, but leaving things to pure chance in a game this size is a clear indication of incompetence. For each spell and applicable item, they need to decide how many runs/boxes/whatever is too much—and how many is too little—and then set the corresponding minimum and maximum amount of currency that can drop per attempt. They can vary the amount of currency that drops within that range such that people are still “on the drip” as @DrWho2010 put it.

This could have been worked into the story for BLU spells. Each time you defeat, or help defeat an opponent who uses a learnable ability, you get some of that energy that was mentioned in the CSs, but not the same amount each time. Or it could be transparent; you don’t know how much currency you have. You don’t even know that there is currency. For anything in the game, it could be hidden, or not, and both ways can be set up to keep people on the drip.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    thing is you can play the game forever basically. they have no incentive to create a system for you to finish anything early.
    (0)