Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yesunova Hotgo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Ah my bad, a could have rather than a should have. I might have got the wrong end of the stick thinking it was "BLU has melee, so BLU should have melee". Nevermind that point then.

I am all for improving it, in fact I've been building up my own ideas for how they could improve it without trampling or scrapping the existing system. Because the idea of the Limited Job system is not bad and I think it has room to grow and gain more substance, but there's absolutely no reason why a non-limited version of BLU can't exist. Once you remove certain spells, it's not OP.

I've previously talked about making it a reward for completing a tier of Masked Carnivale that requires specific spells to pass. This would avoid the worry about people not having learned certain spells and would give them two choices for the main job version, either limit what people can equip as a spell as have the minimum needed required or just have a specific set (perhaps chosen in that aforementioned Masked Carnivale tier) I also believe that undersizing content (at least at level 50) shouldn't yield a spell and the drop rates are adjusted accordingly. Undersizing is not enjoyable content, it's punishing yourself because you want a thing.

But for melee, I think for them to remedy this, so to speak, would be to have enemies provide melee skills to fulfill that desire, after all, there's always been melee spells like Goblin punch. They could have them work much like weapon skills.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kololo Belbwadous
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I don't mind being a solo job but havong it restricted and if "I decide" to join a party etc, that's also should be an option. I play this game mainly for the main story and I can't with this job because it's limited.

I really hope that they fix it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nergui Dotharl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Honestly the whole concept is fun, probably more enjoyable than most jobs.
    But there's really nothing aside from the carnival you can solo at lvl50 and even the things you can have 0 incentive to do so.
    Even the carnival don't give anything special.

Really they could allow the BLU to tag for the DF content up to lvl50. The balance of the game excuse don't really hold when you can just pay up to skip over the content up to lvl60 anyway.
    At the very least it would give an excuse to play BLU every now and then, and have some fun with it.

At the same time if they wanted to keep the gimmick they could also make a quest that would require you to unlock specific skills to be completed, and once you're done would allow you to use an unrestricted mode that would force you to use that set of skills and let you use the DF.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sigiria; 02-07-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kashi Venka
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Definitely this, people don't complain about FFX lancet learning/overdrive exclusive BLU, or FFIX eating, or X-2 BLU bullets. All of these are extremely different, if anything BLU mage is the job with the least amount of design restrictions. I think the Devs were intimidated by the freedom, and all the people who cry about FFXI troupes
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Generika Nameius
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by kashi11 View Post
    Definitely this, people don't complain about FFX lancet learning/overdrive exclusive BLU, or FFIX eating, or X-2 BLU bullets. All of these are extremely different, if anything BLU mage is the job with the least amount of design restrictions. I think the Devs were intimidated by the freedom, and all the people who cry about FFXI troupes
    SE should stop listening to those wanting FFXI content, rather take a few elements here and there and make content with it, not being bare bones or having an insane teething period for most content nowadays.

I think the devs are losing touch with the community, thinking more on statistics and "the chart says" than player feedback. How often was Pagos nerfed and how consistently they kept nerfing and nerfing, while still being unfun?

They could of taken FFXI BLU and made it absolutely work here, giving people their adaptible job, that's able to do all content and have more than one way of playing.

But nah, lets limit our creativity, make more work, break it and so barely anyone enjoys it. Hell, the Limited system is Limited by itself, as the Role system and no weapon stats means they're constantly stuck at barely above 5k HP, so they can't tank anything, White Wind drains their MP like crazy and they have no cleanse or stuff that's needed to, well, heal.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kalinas Luminas
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I still feel like they should have given BLU a regular set of job quest based spells for party play and then have the spell book ones for side/solo content. If they can make a separate PVP spell/skill set from PVE for balance...then why not have a similar system for BLU? I want to be able to use BLU with friends in DF and other content. Don't limit the job for one type of player...give us both solo/party friendly versions and make everyone happy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Archmage Myst
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    The fact they didn't address this just bugs me to the core. They over complicated the implementation of Blu. They made it sound like it was the most difficult thing to ever do. This really killed my enjoyment from Blu and future jobs. Idk why but after seeing blue I don't care about the expansion no more. It killed it for me
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Laphael Lanelar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Blu is fun for what it is.

I love soloing boss-fates with tailscrew or blowing myself up in funny places.

They should open up some content for it, squadron for example. And some spells are really hard/annoying to get (looking at you shiva).

But overall it probably will only get better as soon as the lvl cap goes up to 60 with more fun spells and hopefully access to Potd.

Limited Jobs are a great idea for more unique content that doesnt have to be balanced and im looking forwart do more of it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Viese Blanchimont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I'm disappointed by the BLU class. It was touted as a limited job, but the problem is that its design requires it to be in parties to have any success at all. There was no point in making it limited if it's going to require the duty finder anyways. The lack of weapons available for the class makes leveling it a pain to begin with and you need to take part in level 50 trials for the high end spells. The luck based aspect of acquiring skills only makes it all the more frustrating. As great as the concept for BLU was, it ultimately feels like it fails in design.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Laernu Tairos
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Ive been using my wifes blu a bit and honestly......
    Im not Anti Blu. Im Pro-Blu.
    Problem is this game still does not HAVE Blu.
    You cant just slap the name Blue Mage on to something and say hey, we gave you Blu, even though really we just copy pasted and glamoured blm and let it play solo. Anyone that likes “this” Blu has either a) not played it enough yet and/or B) knows absolutely zero background to Blu firsthand, reading a wiki for an hour does not qualify you sorry. Hell, a real Blu role would require you to read up on its math forumla for maximizing damage for “one” spell for an hour. Far as Im concerned SE has not given us a Blue Mage, they simply slapped the name on to some wacky failed idea. Whats a blues main appeal? Versatility in doing literally anything, tank heal melee ranged nuke, yeah, everything. This cant do that, #peoplehavenoideawhatabluis

If someone told me, I have to accept either ff 1.0, or, Blu today, Id quickly pick ff 1.0 over this. This screw up sticks out worse then that entire abomination 1.0 was.

Trying to white knight this is really only hurting yourself, we ALL deserve better. This role is lacking majorly, period.
    (3)
    Last edited by UnrealTai; 02-27-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast