Player
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahlnir View Post
    And yet they are given a LB gauge in dungeons/raids. Again, full of contradictions. lol
    If you want even more, just look at the Blue Mage category on the market boards. They couldn't even be bothered to make it list INT gear.

In the end, the job has nothing going for it except for the carnival (which doesn't even sound like it amounts to much) and being able to kill low level fates faster. It's a complete dead end and it doesn't matter how "powerful" you are. You are stuck at 50 with minimal content access and what is available, is only manual and every other job at 70 can just unsync.

Yet another self contained bubble, except this time you need to get carried.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Knives Jonquil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Having to rely on party finder to learn spells by being a bum and mooching off level 70s is dumb

I mean we could gather a group of 8 BLUs and kill Ifrit synched at 50 over and over again, but... Ahahaha, who honestly wants to do that?
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimace View Post
    Having to rely on party finder....
    How is this any different to all the other jobs in the game? You often rely on the PF to farm items/mounts etc, or in some cases to progress the MSQ if the DF is taking too long. Who wants to kill Ifrit again and again for mounts? Well aside for completion, no one actually needs to do that at all, and that's exactly the same case with BLU. You don't have to do, it's not necessary, but you can, and you'll be rewarded with spells for doing more challenging content (at least at that current level).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    How is this any different to all the other jobs in the game? You often rely on the PF to farm items/mounts etc, or in some cases to progress the MSQ if the DF is taking too long. Who wants to kill Ifrit again and again for mounts? Well aside for completion, no one actually needs to do that at all, and that's exactly the same case with BLU. You don't have to do, it's not necessary, but you can, and you'll be rewarded with spells for doing more challenging content (at least at that current level).
    Except spells are part of your job's tool kit. It's like if Dragoon had to do a EX Primal to get Blood of the Dragon or Monk having to do a Dungeon to get Brotherhood. Sure you don't need every spell to play BLU. Even with all spells you end up casting one over and over anyway. But things that make a job more fun to play, new abilities and such, you should be able to get on your own from playing your job. Not require a lvl 70 to hold your hand while you do a Dungeon or Primal. (Which btw I had plenty of helpful people help me get spells either switching off or just blu's partying up to learn spells.)
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    snip
    But at this time there is nothing that requires BLU to play optimally, so it doesn't matter if your toolkit is incomplete. You cannot compare it to other jobs and how they obtained their actions because they have access to content in which they often benefit greatly from having them. Not to mention the rampant kicking from parties if you don't have access or use certain actions to begin with, BLU would suffer the exact same problem hence it's DF lockout.

Does BLU need a few tweaks, definitely, but expecting to get every single thing about it so easily with a week of release is ridiculous. There is some parts of Eureka I can't do solo which is annoying, but it's just one of those things, again its still optional so if it doesn't appeal to me then there is plenty of other things to do instead.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    But at this time there is nothing that requires BLU to play optimally, so it doesn't matter if your toolkit is incomplete. You cannot compare it to other jobs and how they obtained their actions because they have access to content in which they often benefit greatly from having them. Not to mention the rampant kicking from parties if you don't have access or use certain actions to begin with, BLU would suffer the exact same problem hence it's DF lockout.

Does BLU need a few tweaks, definitely, but expecting to get every single thing about it so easily with a week of release is ridiculous. There is some parts of Eureka I can't do solo which is annoying, but it's just one of those things, again its still optional so if it doesn't appeal to me then there is plenty of other things to do instead.
    Everything in this game and itself is optional, stating that is completely meaningless. That doesn't change that it's part of the jobs kit. I'm not going to try to decode their insanity behind the lockout and limited status, they're not paying me to be a designer. There is no reason for it to be there except SE really is a small indie developer. Balance already went out the window just by having gear while synced and next to nobody is doing level 50 content outside of story/roulette.

This has nothing to do with something not being addressed within a week of release. None of these issues were addressed at any point during the months long design process the job went through internally. This is why they get chewed out every time they "try" something.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    I'm with the OP on this one. The entire point of BLU was to be a limited job that couldn't join Duty Finder via normal means, yet to "complete" the side content you have to join a group and basically be carried through it to learn a spell. The entire design is flawed and feels like it was meant to be a role job in Shadowbringer but half way through design they changed their mind and dropped it in 4.5. Every spell for BLU needs to be solo able and if it can't they it doesn't need to be a spell.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Lelane Lavellan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I agree. I counted and a full 26 of the 49 spells are gotten from dungeons. Only 16 are attainable in the open world and the rest is from the totems. And yet dungeons is where BLUs are so restricted from. An odd choice, to say the least.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    That moment when your limited job wasn't designed for group play but requires it.

(20)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast