Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90

Wedding invitation times

Hello folks.
    A friend invited me to go to a wedding with him. I am in USA Central time zone (GMT - 6) and he is in Pacific time (GMT-8), two hours behind me.

His invitation says 4:00 on Saturday, while the one he got for me says 5:00. I would expect that if they somehow are adjusted to your time zone, that they would be two hours apart (say it was at 4:00 pacific, I would expect mine to say 6:00, since we're always two hours ahead of the west coast.

Do I have the right of it? Are the times actually on the invitation some function of your time zone (maybe the game thinks I'm in mountain time?).

Anyone know for sure how it works?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    The times are a function of your time zone so the time listed in the invitation applies to you and where you live.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    The times are a function of your time zone so the time listed in the invitation applies to you and where you live.
    hmm, he's going to check exactly when it is. It sounds like something is amiss, if our invitation times are one hour apart yet we are two hours apart by time zone.
    Is there a way to check what time zone the game thinks my account is in? I looked on mogstation for account info and that wasn't listed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    The game knows where you live. If it's listed at 10AM on your invitation and you live on the east coast the time is 10AM EST for you. For someone living on the west coast the invitation will show the time as 7AM which would be pst for them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    The game knows where you live. If it's listed at 10AM on your invitation and you live on the east coast the time is 10AM EST for you. For someone living on the west coast the invitation will show the time as 7AM which would be pst for them.
    Thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TattersailNightwish View Post
    Thank you
    Actually, upon re-reading that, that sounded kind of ominous, like a deep baritone voice-over on a movie trailer, "The game.. knows where you live..."
    (3)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    While it does detect where you live, theres always a chance of it misreading if your isp is doing something odd or you're near the edge of the timezone or something.

Easiest thing to do is check what the 'Local Time' is in game. If it matches the actual time, your timezone is obviously correct.
    Get your friend to check this too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Well I talked with him and he is indeed in Mountain, time, not Pacific, so that explains the mystery of why we are only one hour different on the invitations, not two.
    Mischief managed!
    (0)