Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Side effect of being unable to specify characters by name: unable to blacklist people

Summary: It is no longer possible to blacklist people who send you unsolicited invites unless you can find and target them.

With the new changes to player name targeting that were implemented to prepare for the World Visit system, it is now impossible to blacklist people who invite you to an FC. I have not tested this with LS invites or friendship requests, yet, but suspect it would be the same.

When a person sends you an FC invitation, you get a Notification in the notification area, and the chat box says, "You have received a free company invite from Forename Surname." However, the name in the chat box is non interactive. You cannot click it for a context menu to choose to blist the person.

In the past, we could get around this by using
    /blist add "Forename Surname"

However, this is no longer an allowed form of specifying a character target. Nor is it possible to

/blist add "Forename Surname@HomeWorld"

so then you must first search for the offender in a world search. There are two possible outcomes to this:

A) The person might have entered a duty by the time you search for them, and so they do not appear in search at all.
    B) The person shows up in search, but there is no option to blist the person from the search window's context menu.

So then if you want to blacklist someone who hasn't explicitly chatted or emoted, you have to find them and target them. Also, there is no blacklist option in the submenu when targeting a character, so you can only blacklist them by using

/blist add <t>
    or
    /blist add <mo>

It is therefore impossible to blacklist people who send you unsolicited invites unless you can find and target them.

Suggested resolution:
    1. Allow specifying player targets for text commands using "Forename Surname@HomeWorld" as a target.
    2. Allow us to use just "Forename Surname" as a target, and have it assume the current world by default.
    3. Add blacklist options to all relevant submenus (search, player targets, etc.)
    4. Make the name of the inviter a standard name link in the chat box.
    (18)
    Last edited by Rongway; 01-12-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

2. 01-14-2019 08:48 AM
    Reason
    Delete Message

Player
    Character
    Mara Ileres
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    I concur with your assessment. Mostly I wanted to keep using /focustarget to find and surprise my friends, but the inability to blacklist people is a tad more serious consequence of the change. We don't even know why you disabled the functionality to begin with, SE.
    (1)
    -----

Helpful and polite suggestions get glossed over, and inflammatory posts get all the attention.

Welcome to the English forums.

Player
    Character
    Niya Tae
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I have found you can get around this by sending the person a tell. Can be anything. I like to send a tell simply calling them an ass. You can then right click their name in the outgoing tell and add them to your blacklist. Great thing about that, is their response falls on deaf ears, assuming they even send one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Teixilea Dreadwhisper
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 85
    It's quite awful to find out that you can't block someone just by searching their name through player finder or the text command. It's not a great option that you have to go to find someone in the game or whisper them in order to add them to your blacklist.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kite Kabukicho
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

Necroing because true

They really need to fix their blacklist system, as well as the tell system. Can't send tells when people are in an instance, why? You can't blacklist people in Eureka, why? I'm sure they can think of convenient excuses but these are real issues that people can target and harass you with alts or inside of instances.

The FFXIV team should to add a way to blacklist characters who are offline and they need to fix their tell system to make it more usable. Hopefully with SHB changes they think of a better system. Also, put an option for only friends to send you tells.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelyn View Post
    I have found you can get around this by sending the person a tell. Can be anything. I like to send a tell simply calling them an ass. You can then right click their name in the outgoing tell and add them to your blacklist. Great thing about that, is their response falls on deaf ears, assuming they even send one.
    tbh I'd report you for that. You could have rejected the invite, blacklisted and moved on. But you had to be rude and thus, reportable. They aren't breaking a rule, you are at that point.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by iVolke View Post
    This is probably the easiest forum to bait.

y'all are kinda dumb tbh

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gula View Post
    tbh I'd report you for that. You could have rejected the invite, blacklisted and moved on. But you had to be rude and thus, reportable. They aren't breaking a rule, you are at that point.
    Taelyn's example was rude, but the point of the suggestion was simply about sending a tell in order to enable blacklisting. It would work the same with a more polite /tell.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Yes, the specific suggestion to tell the other person they're an ass is incredibly rude. That aside, it's not possible to blacklist and move on--the inviter's name in the chat log is not a name link. It's plain text.

One should not have to send a tell just to be able to blacklist somebody. We should just be able to blacklist anyone we want to blacklist for any reason without having to interact with them first.
    (2)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Sida Bajihri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    If the inviter's character name is "goldforcheap wwwgoldcom" (url fabricated for a point) I find little reason to be polite to them. And yes, even if I tossed that out of my head, there used to be epidemic of such party invites from RMT in that form before they made it impossible for free accounts to party invite.
    (0)
    If you say 'pls' because it's shorter than 'please', I say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Player

up .
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast