Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Fyce Alvey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    There is currently no option for people who hate positionals, meaning that players who hate this gameplay are left out of playing any melee DPS job entirely. So, there should be at least one melee DPS job without positionals. Just for the sake of variety.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Arathea Dracul
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorPatty View Post
    If something's got to go, then something's got to come in.

The question is what do you replace positionals with?
    Why would they need to add something if they remove positonals? Physical ranged don't have positionals. They don't even have to stand still anymore.
    (8)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    There is currently no option for people who hate positionals, meaning that players who hate this gameplay are left out of playing any melee DPS job entirely. So, there should be at least one melee DPS job without positionals. Just for the sake of variety.
    They can always choose to play SAM. It still has positional moves, but only 2 and they don't directly affect potency.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    Why would they need to add something if they remove positonals? Physical ranged don't have positionals. They don't even have to stand still anymore.
    'Cause you have 3 caster jobs that have cast times that can be interrupted or impaired by movement mechanics just like melee positionals are. I mean I guess you could cut out cast times too, that would be hilarious tho.

Maybe not a big deal in casual content but physical ranged are the only dps that don't get knockback immunities probably due to their mobility.
    (8)
    Last edited by Vaer; 01-12-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Squires Ailith
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    There were no positionals in o5s or o6s and gameplay didn't feel dumbed down or too easy.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Fyce Alvey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by linay View Post
    They can always choose to play SAM. It still has positional moves, but only 2 and they don't directly affect potency.
    SAM does lose a lot of gauge when not doing its positionals, which translates into less Hissatsu moves... And they do provide quite a lot of DPS. So, in the end, SAM also heavily relies on positionals for its damage output. It's just not as direct as other jobs since it affect your gauge and not potencies. It's just a smokescreen.
    And for SAM, since it doesn't bring utility and is only focused on its damage output, I'd say that its even worse when it comes to positionals, since it directly affect the only thing this job is good at.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Thyn'a Sindyrl
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Uuuug no please. Like if you don't want to do positionals, go play a caster. Things are already dumbed down so much. What's next? No dpsing at all? The game does it for you. Just dodging around.
    (13)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    SAM does lose a lot of gauge when not doing its positionals, which translates into less Hissatsu moves... And they do provide quite a lot of DPS. So, in the end, SAM also heavily relies on positionals for its damage output. It's just not as direct as other jobs since it affect your gauge and not potencies. It's just a smokescreen.
    And for SAM, since it doesn't bring utility and is only focused on its damage output, I'd say that its even worse when it comes to positionals, since it directly affect the only thing this job is good at.
    There is that, but for the time being, it's still a decent option for people who want to play melee but don't like positional moves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naiyah Nanaya
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I don't understand the hate for positionals. Is it because people think they have to run around a lot to reach the Rear and the Flank? Honestly you're not supposed to be moving very much more than someone just standing around. Let's make a diagram, yes?

There. Everything yellow is the Rear. Everything blue is the Flank (it's early morning so it's not as blue as it should be and I didn't feel like waiting around for the sun to move. Sue me). Even including the bits inside the hitbox. You should be standing on the border between Flank and Rear and taking only a step or two to move between them. That also makes it very easy to move with the target if it turns. You won't always be able to hit them, but a few misses aren't going to shatter your DPS if you're playing well otherwise (and True North just got a nice CD reduction).
    (24)
    Am I even allowed to be this strong?

Player
    Character
    Samsara Lotus
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    no. what they need to do is make this clear as day that its extra dps not the normal. don't make it so you need to hit this can be good as well. but if they take all the things in there what be the point in more that 1 tank / healer / 2 dps?
    they take tp and mana out as it is for 5.0
    (0)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast