Thread: Regarding lofts

Player
    Character
    Serastine Verellan
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    This top post PLEASE. I spent a couple days rearranging, setting everything up, went to place my bed on my loft and can't. I'm glad to see there's a way to glitch, but glitching is really just frustrating.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I hope they expand upon this later. Though I'm also still waiting for all races to be added to the mannequins too. Was weird having my highlander's armory be a bunch of miqo'te mannequins but at least now I can change it up with some roes in there.

I know there are glitches but I tried doing the levitation glitch and it's such a tedious chore to do and I messed up a couple times and had to start over and it's just more of a pain to use the glitch that it's worth IMO. I also wish the stairs didn't have to be wall mounted, that's another thing that's been a pain, and it seems they always go one way so if I want the loft on the other side of the wall I have to work around that, or again use convoluted glitches.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I also wish the stairs didn't have to be wall mounted, that's another thing that's been a pain, and it seems they always go one way so if I want the loft on the other side of the wall I have to work around that, or again use convoluted glitches.
    I used the glitch that makes wall mounted items float to make the stairs face the direction I want. By using the glitch you don't even need to have the stairs attached to a wall.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I'm not sure the code allows them to make tables like floor surfaces, considering floors are part of the remodel system instead of the item placement system. I hope they can, but haven't seen it yet with any of the other items (stages and the like are still tables).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaz View Post
    I'm not sure the code allows them to make tables like floor surfaces, considering floors are part of the remodel system instead of the item placement system. I hope they can, but haven't seen it yet with any of the other items (stages and the like are still tables).
    They're going to have to add a whole new classification for items that would enable them to function both as normal furnishings and as floors, since there are no furnishings in game right now with this behavior outside of glitching. I assume you would tag it as "Platform" or somesuch.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    They're going to have to add a whole new classification for items that would enable them to function both as normal furnishings and as floors, since there are no furnishings in game right now with this behavior outside of glitching. I assume you would tag it as "Platform" or somesuch.
    They've managed to do something similar with the Wooden Beams (wall-mounted items that act as walls) so there's hope they can do it with other furnishings.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Eleath'li Enrayi
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    There is a Pumpkin Pastry Platter that is a tabletop food and a table itself.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Down
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki75 View Post
    You can do it but you have to glitch it up there, and this is an ongoing issue. They either need to give us a third axis for placement or change all items to tabletop.
    Honestly, why aren't all items tabletop anyway? You can place tabletop items on floors so I don't think it should matter. The only issue is that you then couldn't place table top items onto other table top items........... But I'm sure this could be coded differently.
    (1)

「Life is such a fragile thing…」

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
    Honestly, why aren't all items tabletop anyway? You can place tabletop items on floors so I don't think it should matter. The only issue is that you then couldn't place table top items onto other table top items........... But I'm sure this could be coded differently.
    Something something "realism," because the giant glowing bahamut statue is definitely realistic but putting a piano on a stage is not.
    (2)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    More like "something something programming restrictions". They seem to have coded everything into strict, inflexible, single categories that can't overlap, and seem unlikely to change it (if they even can).

With the introduction of lofts, it does seem likely that more things will be labelled "tabletop" for functionality, but it will seem very strange to a newcomer that so many large furniture pieces are labelled that way!

Also I think Mikki might be incorrect about not being able to place tabletop items on other tabletop items? The 'wooden showcase' is tabletop, but its shelves are functional.
    (2)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast