Player
    Character
    Xyno Edajos
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

[Spoilers] Marker Placement on the third boss of the new raid

So, there seems to be arguments about which marker placements are the best. Many people seem to be stuck on the Ozma way of doing things when this boss has a better preferred placement than an Ozma setup. There was a Reddit discussion about it and I feel the official forums should have one to, just to get each side (and my preferred one) out there since raids are pretty stubborn.

Reddit Thread in question: https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...marker_scheme/

The comparison image:
    (19)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Thank you for this.
    I've definitely found that the markers on the right have led to smoother runs (even if I've still wiped due to some bad healing)
    I think people are trying to 'just do Ozma strategy' and it's not a perfect fit even if there are similarities.

It's worth noting that the adds spawn in exactly where those markers are (on the right) and when you return to the original arena, you will land in the 'left' circle of your respective alliance.

And yes, the letters have to be in the right order, as the adds which spawn will specifically target that alliance for their line AoE which must be directed to the edge of the arena.
    If you swap the letters around you'll end up creating three-way cross/triangle across the arena which hits at roughly the same time as the donut/circle and stacking mechanics.
    (2)
    Last edited by Seraphor; 01-11-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The image on the right actually makes more sense now that I see it. Now all that's left is to convince the masses ingame to adopt this.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Nora Origo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    The only thing i see being a problem is the "in or out" nature of his sword attacks (i dont remember what they're called). People will have to decide a left or right inner/outer circle depending on the attack as the marker placement isn't safe for either (I think, i never stood there but it looks too close).

either way, not too difficult to teach or understand, but I'll never forget the Bard I had that ate literally every single aoe/mechanic the game threw at them for the entire duration of the lockout. Literally beat the raid at 10 minutes left. nothing will help those poor souls.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jill Winters
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblyBoar View Post
    So, there seems to be arguments about which marker placements are the best. Many people seem to be stuck on the Ozma way of doing things when this boss has a better preferred placement than an Ozma setup. There was a Reddit discussion about it and I feel the official forums should have one to, just to get each side (and my preferred one) out there since raids are pretty stubborn.

Reddit Thread in question: https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...marker_scheme/

The comparison image:
    Thank you for posting this. I got yelled at for placing markers in between the circles as depicted in the second image. Somebody kept removing my markers and set them up with the Ozma marker placement. As a result, players from team A kept dropping their meteors on our circle and team C ended up wiping. I find the Ozma marker placement to be way more confusing for players.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora_of_Mira View Post
    The only thing i see being a problem is the "in or out" nature of his sword attacks (i dont remember what they're called). People will have to decide a left or right inner/outer circle depending on the attack as the marker placement isn't safe for either (I think, i never stood there but it looks too close).

either way, not too difficult to teach or understand, but I'll never forget the Bard I had that ate literally every single aoe/mechanic the game threw at them for the entire duration of the lockout. Literally beat the raid at 10 minutes left. nothing will help those poor souls.
    To be fair, neither the in nor the out moves need anybody to be in a particular circle, so as long as folks flee respectively it shouldn't be too bad.

I guess I've been lucky, the 3 times I've done him we had that setup (right) already. Although someone kept moving markers this time, which was annoying. We made it through, though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rhaya Jakkya
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    T.G. Holy Blade and Crush Weapon makes me prefer the Left method, those bridges are not safe from any of the 3 attacks and Crush Weapon to best way to ensure it doesn't hit is dropping it at the back of a platform and moving over to the next one. But if people are standing the bridge between those platforms, it would wipe them.
    (6)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLagbeard View Post
    T.G. Holy Blade and Crush Weapon makes me prefer the Left method, those bridges are not safe from any of the 3 attacks and Crush Weapon to best way to ensure it doesn't hit is dropping it at the back of a platform and moving over to the next one. But if people are standing the bridge between those platforms, it would wipe them.
    You still have time to do this. You can move the placement of Crush weapon before it goes off.
    You have more room to manoeuvre if you're on the bridge, you can go either way. If you're in the circle, the only way you can go is towards the bridge.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Left side makes tethers and crush blade more manageable. The attacks that can wipe an entire alliance.
    (7)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    Left side makes tethers and crush blade more manageable. The attacks that can wipe an entire alliance.
    You spread out for tethers, and you move away for crush blades, its not difficult and i haven't seen a wipe because of these.
    Overlapping bubbles because people didnt get to the back in time, or went the wrong way because the marker being in a circle was misleading, are far more likely.
    Having the markers on the bridge doesnt mean everyone stays stacked on the bridge the entire fight.
    (6)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast