Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Albi Re'oh
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Are there any differences or unique aspects to your design work for Final Fantasy XIV, compared to other games or projects you may have worked on in the past?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Albi Re'oh
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Of all the designs you've done for Final Fantasy XIV, is there a character or piece of gear that was your favourite to work on?

(If anybody else at the Letter from the Producer would like to answer too, do you have a particular favourite design from Namae-san?)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Chiba
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Kimono!

Are there any plans on giving us a kimono in the game? I'd be happy with just a kimono in general, or even Tsukuyomi's kimono. Doesn't matter which, we just want kimonos!!!
    (1)
    "Look to those, who've walked before, to lead those who walk after."

Player
    Character
    Kohl Grimalkin
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    What are the chances of getting an toggle/option to make the "floating" parts of some armor to become invisible?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Similar to the Uraeus skirt, would it be possible to get a level 1, all-classes version of the Arachne Culottes of healing model that uses the female model of this item for both male and female characters? I was so excited for those shorts with stockings when they first showed them off pre-patch, and was really crushed on patch day when I rushed to try them on and they looked totally different on my male character!

There are already two tank-only items in the game (the Yafaemi and Chimerical Felt bottoms) that let male characters show off the shorts with stockings look, but I really want to have something similar as a healer main.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lark Weaver
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Would the team every bring in the option for multi layers dying? Some many times I have dyed a piece of gear and its accents clash or don't dye at all.

Also would glamour outfits of characters on the mogstation ever be allowed to be dyed?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Chiba
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Aurum Vale Hard?

As much as people hate this place, are there any plans on giving us a Hard version of Aurum Vale?
    (1)

8. 01-27-2019 11:22 AM

Reason
    bad post

Player
    Character
    Celex Teia
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70

Material Choices for Character Costume designs

Hello Miss. Ayumi Namae!
    In designing character costumes, how do you take into account the materials and fabric used for their gear? - Especially knowing that they may appear in both the cinematic opening and in game as an avatar. How far do conceptualize these material details of the designs?

I enjoy the costume and gear designs in game and I sometimes try to observe the avatar's fabric or material choices. I would often compare the in-game avatar to the cinematic render.

For example, the in-game avatar of Lyse in her sister's red outfit looks like the material is made of Dull Satin of a dark red even under the sun. In the opening cinematic, it looks like a brighter red maybe made of Silk Taffeta that is more translucent.

Another example is Yugiri's in-game avatar in Stormblood. Her 3D model has the dark violet parts of her outfit look like harder leather at some parts given the model shine, but in the opening cinematic of Stormblood, it is specifically a velvet suede which is a different soft texture from more stiff leather.

I am curious about your creative thought process on the material and fabric aspects of your designs and how the FFXIV 3D artists team collaborate with them in terms of rendering the intended material for the outfit.

Thank you for reading my question!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ariette Orisolses
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Costume changes for Main Characters

We've previously seen outfits in the game used to show the passage of time by having certain NPCs and Scions change into new clothes. (E.g. Lyse, Alisae, Cid) Are there any characters who have or haven't undergone such costume changes that you would like to personally redesign and what changes would you like to make to them?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Chiba
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Fan Fest Concerts

While I'm very happy that the Fan Fest stream is free to watch, I'm very upset that we aren't able to watch the concerts unless we are physically at the Fan Fest. Are there plans for releasing the concerts on a special CD? For future Fan Fests, could the stream be free, but can we have the option to purchase the stream (or something of the sort) so that we may watch the concerts live as well? The concerts were my favorite parts of Fan Fest; they were so beautiful and moving that I was in tears! I'd love to be able to watch them in the future since I'm unable to physically go to Fan Fest.
    (0)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast