Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Nyaathan Meowski
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I actually got up to 1836 at one point and now I'm down to 1581. The rating system penalties for losing are way too steep when this game is heavily luck based
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    You can probably see why she thought this was a discussion on the most depressing minigame added to XIV, however. Since you went so far as to make your thread title a claim that Mahjong has that very title.
    Yeah, totally agreed. Not fair at all to compare something that takes an hour+ of your time for one single game, with the only MGP rewards being from the challenge log once a week, compared to always making it out of the mini cactpot with MORE THAN YOU TRIED IT WITH EVERY SINGLE TIME.

At least mini cactpot doesn't have achievements that other players can keep you from never getting.
    (7)
    Please show support for chocobo boots to be added -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/323512-Suggestion-for-an-item-to-be-added-to-gold-saucer-Chocobo-Boots

Unhappy with how they implemented Mahjong? -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/381358-Mahjong-is-the-most-depressing-mini-game-you-ve-added-to-XIV

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I find it very confusing and takes up way to much time.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tate Aniki
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacent View Post
    At least mini cactpot doesn't have achievements that other players can keep you from never getting.
    You could uh, learn the rules and beat other people to increase your rank to get the roll? Honestly I don't mind the slow burn that comes with playing Mahjong, and yes it's a time-investment, almost like that's kind of what an MMO is like right there. I'm not going to pretend I'm the cream of the crop when it comes to mahjong, but considering how it was something I had no real idea how prior to its release in XIV, it took some time to feel out and get a half-way decent understanding of it.

At the end of the day, you want the roll that badly? Learn to play the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kay Faraday
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002749.html

With the upcoming changes for mahjong it should be much more obtainable to get the 1600 achievement. Instead of digging yourself in a hole you can't recover from, you now have the ability to reset to 1500 which only puts you a few wins away from the music roll. As for the other achievements, I don't think it's unfair to lock the titles behind a rating system since it's something for mahjong enthusiasts to work towards.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fe Moon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Give us Snowboards race!!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zedlizvez Mikasch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    As far as I can tell, the only way to get the scrolls and achivements is to get enough people from your FC to go in with you, and throw matches until one of you wins, then everybody resets and the other 3 throw matches for oen of the others.

You can't actually do this with a normal amount of skill.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TateBro View Post
    You could uh, learn the rules and beat other people to increase your rank to get the roll? Honestly I don't mind the slow burn that comes with playing Mahjong, and yes it's a time-investment, almost like that's kind of what an MMO is like right there. I'm not going to pretend I'm the cream of the crop when it comes to mahjong, but considering how it was something I had no real idea how prior to its release in XIV, it took some time to feel out and get a half-way decent understanding of it.

At the end of the day, you want the roll that badly? Learn to play the game.
    There's learning to play the game, and then there's not having a chance against people who are better at a MINI GAME than you are. I invested time into trying to learn how to play the game, having to go to sites that were not made by SE because of their poor descriptions for a good potion of it.

What's the point of punishing people trying to learn a game? Is there REALLY any point in pushing away new people by pushing them away from achievements just because they don't remember all the rules?

I don't care if it took me a long time to get the roll, but when you lose more matches than you win, you're not making any progress. Hell, you can win more matches than you lose but STILL be on a downward slope because of how second place is a 'win', ans third/fourth places are losses, with 4th losing around 30 points, and second only awarding around 9-10 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleken View Post
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002749.html

With the upcoming changes for mahjong it should be much more obtainable to get the 1600 achievement. Instead of digging yourself in a hole you can't recover from, you now have the ability to reset to 1500 which only puts you a few wins away from the music roll.
    Yeah, I'm not touching the minigame until they add this. Then there's at the least SOME possible fun knowing you won't be digging a hole so deep you'll never see the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellgon View Post
    Give us Snowboards race!!
    Go read the rest of this thread. This isn't asking about adding another game, don't try to hijack it.
    (3)
    Please show support for chocobo boots to be added -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/323512-Suggestion-for-an-item-to-be-added-to-gold-saucer-Chocobo-Boots

Unhappy with how they implemented Mahjong? -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/381358-Mahjong-is-the-most-depressing-mini-game-you-ve-added-to-XIV

Player
    Character
    Kyett Corbeau
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ICountFrom0 View Post
    You can't actually do this with a normal amount of skill.

I'll take that as a compliment, then.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sigrun Helasdottir
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kietsu View Post

I'll take that as a compliment, then.
    That is straight up the coldest troll I ever seen. But seriously congrats I played Mahjong once and went nope I'd rather drill and cap my teeth by hand with a black and decker industrial and molten lead.
    (0)
    "Sometimes I wonder I heal for fun. or if I heal because I'm a glutton for punishment."

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast