Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Selena Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80

Imma spill some glamour option tea a bit...

So I’ve done a recent count/rundown of the options for glamours, and I’ll probably not be the first to mention it but there is a clear issue with balance here.
    I mean to post this constructively, as I love FFXIV dearly. But, from the perspective I’ve given a lot of review too, the glamour options/gear tends to lean more towards a male-dominant look. Of course there are several female-styled options, but not nearly as many as there are male and the quality has considerable differences to them.

To specifically point out, veteran rewards only host the cloud, squall, zidane, and wild rose glamour options. While any female iterations such as the Yuna glamour/lightning glamour are the only female-inspired out-of-game lore glams we received. one is now unobtainable while the other is locked for a fee in the mog station.

I find this fact incredibly hard to ignore given that those glamour crossovers are meant to act as prizes for everyone, and yet they are all specifically male-based and leave little room for enjoyment if you don’t intend to play as a male or gender-bend as, let’s say cloud.

In the mog station, almost back to back male-glam options were dropped. The Hien and Gosetsu glamours, but females were only given a lyse-inspired glam which didn’t even come with her hair option (like some of the others have) and to be fair the top has a dirty sweaty chest wrap. When we could have also been given a style such as yotsuyu’s to balance the fact that our glam option compared to the two male glamour options was far lesser in quality and design. It amounted to a less than usable top and shorts with barely noticeable gloves and shoes that you can already get in the game from ARR content only the lyse-style shoes aren’t dyeable.

I can respect that it does take time and cost to factor in these details but I also think that as a paying player, I’d appreciate a little more of a feminine variety to the style options. The edits are incredibly linear as is, leaving us with coloring and hairstyles as our main (and nearly only) method of originality.

It goes without saying that FFXIV has been and in my opinion is the nicest mmo to-date, id like that to reflect not only in gameplay but overall aesthetic in the player base with unique styles that aren’t one-dimensional and particularly favoring the male players.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Rymmrael Bhaldraelwyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    (38)

Player
    Character
    Selena Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Erm no... I’m posting on behalf of the fact that I am very much a female and would care to see a little more diversity in the glamour options. Care to chat about it personally? Add me on discord for a voice chat. I’m all for an adult discussion on these topics.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fia Mortivault
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    lol

/10char
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Axl Stream
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Autumn Stardust
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for more options. I’d love to have Rinoa’s and Garnet’s outfit.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Selena Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    It would be a credit to SE to give some of their female leads a bit of love in our favorite MMO!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMarbleSays View Post
    It would be a credit to SE to give some of their female leads a bit of love in our favorite MMO!
    Oh man... Yeah, just look at our avatars.... I'm gonna say let the males have this one.
    (4)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Selena Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    Oh man... Yeah, just look at our avatars.... I'm gonna say let the males have this one.
    I can respect not wanting to rock the boat, but regardless is merely an opinion of my perception of imbalance in the glam options, I don’t mean to say “how dare they, males get better boohoo.” it’s nothing like that. I just mean to point out what I think are inconsistent flaws in distribution of certain content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMarbleSays View Post
    I can respect not wanting to rock the boat, but regardless is merely an opinion of my perception of imbalance in the glam options, I don’t mean to say “how dare they, males get better boohoo.” it’s nothing like that. I just mean to point out what I think are inconsistent flaws in distribution of certain content.
    I won't argue that the majority of iconic FF glamour options are more catered to males, and that there is an imbalance there. But I cannot ignore how favored females are when it comes to overall glamour options in the game. But I also don't see it as an issue either because I am very traditional and see male attire as utilitarian rather than fashionable, but their gear should always look really cool, powerful, and masculine; and a lot of it does.

It would be nice if our heroine outfits were also released. I've been wanting Aerith and Rinoa outfits forever now. But they would be gender locked for sure, which could hurt their sales theoretically, but I honestly don't think there would be that much of a difference at all. Even non-shop buyers like myself might fall off of the wagon.
    (13)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast