Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player

Not new.

SE's 1 gil is worth more than Gath's.
    (7)

Player
    Dragon thinks Gath is slow learner. Dragon's flame is worth more than Gath's gold.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    i don't want any type of crafting specialization. as the game is now i have been all classes capped for months now. at the rate of sp after the raise in cap i will be the same again.

if they make it to where you can only take one craft beyond 50 they need to do the same to dow, dom, and dol as well.

in other words if i have to choose which craft i want then you should have to choose which one battle class you level and not touch the others either. i don't want either, but if it's going to be one way they may as well do it both ways.
    (2)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarpoet1 View Post
    i don't want any type of crafting specialization. as the game is now i have been all classes capped for months now. at the rate of sp after the raise in cap i will be the same again.

if they make it to where you can only take one craft beyond 50 they need to do the same to dow, dom, and dol as well.

in other words if i have to choose which craft i want then you should have to choose which one battle class you level and not touch the others either. i don't want either, but if it's going to be one way they may as well do it both ways.
    I felt this way initially too. However, in time I've turned around to the idea of specialization beyond level 50 simply because it is one of the few sure fire ways SE can control how many items enter the economy. Don't get me wrong, I love to craft and would love to level everything, but I care more about crafting having purpose. Right now it is pretty pointless.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Don Elreed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    gath is crazy, but to stay on topic i already read that somewhere but i would like 2 specialties not 1, although if they only let us have 1 ill deal with it.

Elreed thinks that Gath should/must get a girlfriend.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Konstantine Porphyrogenitos
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This is what was done in FFXI which was great.

I think SE should go a bit further and actively involve crafters in the creation of high level gear once the cap is raised. This had many benefits in FFXI and would transfer well to FFXIV:

1. The materials were limited and thus quite difficult to acquire creating *gasp* an economy. (Think the ingot required for a hauby)
    2. Everybody and their brother wasn't walking around in the exact same gear.
    3. Promoted specialization within link shells and the community
    4. Made U/U gear viable due to the rarity of materials.
    5. All this combined meant one thing: BALANCE

I think the materia system while a good idea in practice, is actually terrible for the longevity and balance of the game. Instead, each item should have one slot max, regardless of type. None of this ridiculous triple melding and so forth. If you want to actively involve the crafters specialization is the way to go along.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Final Freak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    So, Gath just explains how FFXI works and then sais it's his idea? Your 1 gil isn't even worth 1/4th of my 1gil there -.-
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    I felt this way initially too. However, in time I've turned around to the idea of specialization beyond level 50 simply because it is one of the few sure fire ways SE can control how many items enter the economy. Don't get me wrong, I love to craft and would love to level everything, but I care more about crafting having purpose. Right now it is pretty pointless.
    well my issue is with the length of time between cap raises it may be that people are sitting at all classes capped for 6 months instead of 1-2 months. that will lead to more people taking a break or just leaving the game. on my server we have 28 people that are all 50's the last time i looked. there's only 3 of those 28 are active anymore because the rest is bored and has nothing to do.

i know one other and myself are only still active because we know if we take a break from the game we are unlikely to return so just holding off til the next patch. if that increased from a few months to half a year we would have likely already been gone.

you also have to take into consideration once the cap is raised not as many will have the time nor resources to continue to level each craft up. each time they are raised less will continue leveling. what's the difference in me putting in 50 hours to level 2 classes and someone else putting in 25 hours to level 1? both cases the same 25 hours was put in to level each class. one person had more time so they put in the extra. why punish those people that are willing to put in the extra time?

yes, once it goes to 60 alot of people that have all crafts leveled will take 2-3 up to 60, but once it raises to 70 they are likely to only take 1 there. that's why i look at the overall balance. once the cap raises the leveling curve will increase also so less and less people will be leveling regardless. you don't have to force the people that have the time to stop leveling because the majority will quit once the curve gets too steep for them on their own.
    (0)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player
    Character
    Madruk Darkrune
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    You can control items coming into the economy simply by making ingredients rare, no specialization needed. The trash crafts right now are meant to be cheap so you turn it into materia. If you start making specializations for gear, those prices will sky rocket (for a time), and not really solve the problem. The real problem is there aren't very many high value crafted items because no ingredients involved in any of them are rare, outside the overworld NM's which are worthless now outside of a doublet.

The true (relative) value of crafted is triple+ materia gear, which isn't as common anyway.

Personally I'd like to see guild marks come back grand company style, where you can buy ranks and recipes. Gives something to work for other than mindlessly grinding.
    (1)
    Last edited by Madruk; 02-26-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalfreak View Post
    So, Gath just explains how FFXI works and then sais it's his idea? Your 1 gil isn't even worth 1/4th of my 1gil there -.-
    Gath never said it was Gath's idea, Gath said it would be a good idea to do it that way.

Gath gave credit to it being in XI. but Gath already knows that all you do in game is whine, so Gath will let it go as you being you.

and by the Law of Gathematics;

Gath's 1 gil is worth more than your 1 gil.
    (1)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast