Thread: 4.5 WHM

Player
    Character
    Sid Zarkovitch
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    A buff is better than nothing but sadly SE will stick there guns with WHM identity to be pure healer.It would be nice to be to see WHM do a lot raw DMG compare 2(currently)/3 others.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fyce Alvey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperiusUltima View Post
    It makes up for the MP that you're spending since you can use it more frequently, but as stated it's like WHM got shafted again. Just stop focusing on the healing aspect of WHM SE and just give us a proper damage buff.
    I don't understand what this has to do with my comment about not needing MP reduction if you get more MP generation. But okay?
    Besides, 230 potency per minute is a nice damage boost. Sure, it doesn't close the gap between the other healers, but it's 4.5, who cares, in 6 months it'll be irrelevant.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sin Songwillow
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Personally I'm just glad that we are going to have a potency buff for assize (mainly for the MP gain) and a lower cooldown. WHM has MP management problems. I wonder if this will balance the WHM closer to SCH... now if only there was a better means of MP management for AST considering that trying to depend on RNG to get Ewer is beyong frustrating as well.
    (0)

Character
    Kyara Moonbane
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    who cares, in 6 months it'll be irrelevant.
    I think that's what people fear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yokko Secarius
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    I am beyond disappointed with these buffs. I wish I had nice things to say about the job itself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'm surprised people still expect anything more than a pure healer out of SE. I honestly don't think it's such a bad design for some of the player base, and I'm willing to bet this is exactly why SE has ignored the vocal player base on this for so long (read: players who don't care about optimization and wouldn't stop to give feedback VS players who would < us). It makes sense in the context that WHM is basically your starter healer since the others are gated behind content. It also makes WHM one of the most comfortable healer to level etc. etc. Of course the class needs design changes but their narrative can be sound.

Anyways, I think this will give WHM a bit of extra DPS. Not really sure that's going to be enough though. Next to that this just smells of "we need to rework the class, wait until 5.0"
    (0)

Character
    Kyara Moonbane
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EaMett View Post
    I'm surprised people still expect anything more than a pure healer out of SE. I honestly don't think it's such a bad design for some of the player base, and I'm willing to bet this is exactly why SE has ignored the vocal player base on this for so long (read: players who don't care about optimization and wouldn't stop to give feedback VS players who would < us). It makes sense in the context that WHM is basically your starter healer since the others are gated behind content. It also makes WHM one of the most comfortable healer to level etc. etc. Of course the class needs design changes but their narrative can be sound.

Anyways, I think this will give WHM a bit of extra DPS. Not really sure that's going to be enough though. Next to that this just smells of "we need to rework the class, wait until 5.0"
    As I said in another topic, being easy to start on =/= being bad for any except of regular content. Look at PLD, for example. Easiest to learn tank job, but very sought after in high-end content and raiding groups because it's a very good job. Sorry, but people really need to get the idea out of their heads that it's somehow fine for WHM to forever be left on the sidelines because "it should be easy for beginners." The easier it gets into people's heads the better. Yes, it's good to have a job that's not as complex as others, to make it easier to learn the ropes. It's not good, however, if this translates into this job being barred from any part of the game by the community because of it...

I do get your general tenor with your post, though, and agree with it for the most part. I, too, think that the job should at least get a very major DPS buff, but it needs to be a buff that really makes the job worthwhile for statics, and I think that needs a really, really high DPS buff... which I'm not sure it will ever get, unless the defs finally pull their heads out of their asses and open their eyes to reality.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I am of the mind that the healer role is already by default more complex than the other roles. Even more so on controller. I can understand wanting a basic straightforward healer for the player base.
    I've played a fair amount with people who either don't bother with savage content or have been on o9s since the start. It's with these players in mind that I can condone the path SE has been walking with WHM until now. (Even though I used to main WHM myself and was just as frustrated as the next with the state of the class). A healer that is essentially forced to only to worry about healing and mechanics is a godsend for some players.

Yeah WHM will always be unbalanced in a farm setting (less during progression) as long as they stick to the pure healer thing (which they have for the past what? 4 years now?). It's not that bad really, I haven't seen any lockouts in recent memory. But, regardless, right now the more important fact is that WHM is just outright clunky. It has no flow, clipping galore, instant GCDs that you can't fill, useless traits and gauge. That's what needs focus and is 5.0 material.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm surprised people still expect anything more than a pure healer out of SE.
    I don't expect it. But I do dare to hope.

Anyways, I think this will give WHM a bit of extra DPS.
    It should help close the gap pretty decently. But unless my theorycrafting is off, it'll make WHM 'slightly less behind', not 'brings good DPS to make up for lack of utility' a la SAM, BLM, MNK.

Next to that this just smells of "we need to rework the class, wait until 5.0"
    Yeah, everyone knows WHM needs a rework. But they could have cut some cast times and bumped up some potencies easily enough. Literally what happened to MNK and MCH just now, and AST in 4.3. It wouldn't fix lillies et al, but it'd give WHM a niche until 5.0

But the bigger issue long term is this pure healer nonsense. If SE doubles down yet again... I predict we'll repeat Heavensward and Stormblood: At first WHM will be decent, but then some content that's hard to heal will come out. The other classes will ask for healing buffs to get on par with WHM. They'll get them. Then WHM... once more... is the red headed stepchild left in the cupboard under the stairs.

The most ridiculous part is this is the only FF with the "pure healer" thing. All other FFs that had jobs or an approximation thereof - white mage brings the buffs.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Fyce Alvey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuka3 View Post
    Sorry, but people really need to get the idea out of their heads that it's somehow fine for WHM to forever be left on the sidelines because "it should be easy for beginners."
    WHM's numbers in terms of players are actually not that far from AST (O9S, O10S, O11S). It's also the best healer for your everyday's roulettes, and performs well in Extreme content considering the overall lower skill level.
    It's definitly not on the sidelines for a lot of content.
    (4)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast