Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I saw an interesting theory on the reddit that suspected that its removal might be due to the upcoming race addition with the expansion. That arena was gettin' pretty crowded with every race/gender combo.

I also hated it, and I won't miss it. I look forward to the day when Skinchange is also removed.
    (2)
    Last edited by Raldo; 01-08-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sin Songwillow
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Honestly, I would have preferred the removal of "Skinchange that you can believe in" over "Time of My Life" at least the latter was fun and easy, the other is annoying, not fun, and honestly difficult to get right. I don't know why they wouldn't just have more GATES available instead of simply removing them.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    i would rather they increase GATE freq to once every 10 min instead of on the 20/40/60. then we could still keep everything - but reduce reward amount so as to not make it too OP for farming MGP.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sin Songwillow
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    i would rather they increase GATE freq to once every 10 min instead of on the 20/40/60. then we could still keep everything - but reduce reward amount so as to not make it too OP for farming MGP.
    I think that would be nice, then we can pick and choose our GATES and always have something to keep us entertained.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Caelen Tigris
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Why was Time of My Life removed? That was my favorite! Bad Squenix, bad! No cookie for you!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I think they would have had a hard time shuffling NPCs around on stage for Time of My Life once Viera get added. As it is, they've already relegated a pair above the center of the stage (if you were a lala trying to watch a lala and they ended up above you, it was difficult to see). That's a more likely reason for it to be removed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I don't see the point of removing a GATE just because it's not as popular as others, why not just have them on a rotation? More options aren't a bad thing, when I do decide to hang out and do some GATEs, I'd rather have more options. Time of Your Life was probably my second least favorite, but it was okay. Why not remove Any Way the Wind Blows, that one literally just depends on luck...
    (2)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    Why not remove Any Way the Wind Blows, that one literally just depends on luck...
    That one has achievments tied to it, so they can't remove it without making these unobtainable in the future.

It's also the only GATE on the big stage right now. Same for the Cliffhanger GATEs, there are specific areas created for them, wich would become abandoned and useless when they remove the GATEs. But of course they could replace the areas with something else...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Songwillow View Post
    Honestly, I would have preferred the removal of "Skinchange that you can believe in" over "Time of My Life" at least the latter was fun and easy, the other is annoying, not fun, and honestly difficult to get right. I don't know why they wouldn't just have more GATES available instead of simply removing them.
    Couldn't agree more with this.
    (1)
    Please show support for chocobo boots to be added -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/323512-Suggestion-for-an-item-to-be-added-to-gold-saucer-Chocobo-Boots

Unhappy with how they implemented Mahjong? -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/381358-Mahjong-is-the-most-depressing-mini-game-you-ve-added-to-XIV

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    That one has achievments tied to it, so they can't remove it without making these unobtainable in the future.

It's also the only GATE on the big stage right now. Same for the Cliffhanger GATEs, there are specific areas created for them, wich would become abandoned and useless when they remove the GATEs. But of course they could replace the areas with something else...
    If removing Time of My Life was because of a lack of space for all the NPCs, couldn't they just set the GATE up somewhere else? Surely it couldn't be hard. They could have put in a new room with a bigger stage with some of the minigames, or even put the mahjong tables in there, or something. Seeing as Gold Saucer is 100% entirely optional content, removing anything from there, even if it wasn't popular, is absolutely baffling. Especially since GATEs don't exactly take up a lot of server resources.
    (0)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast