Player
    Character
    Claus Bell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80

Starlight 2018 Quest Feedback

I am enjoying the new mini game brought about by Starlight this year, but I think it could use some adjustment.

I have the luxury "problem" of playing on three 27 inch monitors running 2560x1440 each (7680x1440 total.) During the conductor mini-game, the graphics are constrained to the center monitor (as is normal for cut-scenes), but the indicators for the mini-game end up being any where on all three monitors. It ends up feeling like a visual field test for your peripheral vision instead of a mini-game.

While it is an interesting challenge, I would prefer it to be optional. This way the difficulty is the same for those that have ultra-wide or multi-monitor setups as it is for those that have a single monitor. Next year, could this be constrained to the middle most 16:9/16:10/4:3 the same way that cut scenes are? I definitely want to continue playing this mini-game. It is fun to have something different.

No doubt, I may still perform poorly even if the indicators are constrained to the center monitor, but it wouldn't feel as frustrating.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I didn't enjoy any of it. Never been able to get ether quests to get the event items. Last few years was way better and had better stories to them. Never been able to time them right to pass them with very high ping I get.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mihn Saruihn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by hynaku View Post
    I didn't enjoy any of it. Never been able to get ether quests to get the event items. Last few years was way better and had better stories to them. Never been able to time them right to pass them with very high ping I get.
    What is your ping? O_o
    I'm playing with 250-300 and was on a wifi at the time and did the hard mode just fine.
    If it helps, do the clicks as soon as they show rather than try and score criticals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by hynaku View Post
    The minigame is entirely clientside so your ping should have no impact on it. As MuseTraveller said: click earlier. You will get a "good" if you click a moment after the diamond appears, a "great" if you click when it's about halfway towards overlapping with the inner diamond, and a "critical" if you click when it overlaps. Since there is no extra reward for getting a higher score, you should just focus on not missing, rather than trying to go for criticals.
    (0)