Player
    Character
    Lenoria Lavarious
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 50

Question Cannot access PSN properly to play, How can I keep my character?

Not sure where to post this and have read everywhere and filed report with GMs (resulting in an auto-response) finding no answer. Bare with me for long problem details.

Basically I need to either:
    1. Link my Square Enix account to a new PSN WITHOUT losing my character
    2. Buy the game again, make a new Square Enix account & PSN, transfer my character to the new account (probably not possible)
    3. Figure out how to play the game on PS4 without actively being logged into PSN
    4. Worst Case Scenario 1: Start over
    5. Worst Case Scenario 2: Buy a decent PC (I only have an old Macbook) to play on which would cost me way too much money (not willing to spend $1000 on one game)

Background information:
    Back in 2013 when the game launched I was a minor and shared a Square Enix & FFXIV Service Account with my dad to use on PS3. No issues then as we had one PS3. Eventually my dad got the PS4 and I kept the PS3. I was able to play FFXIV on PS3 using his PSN while he played on his PS4 using his PSN simultaneously. Then we quit the game sometime in 2014. Now that I am a legal adult with my own PSN and PS4 (no more family sharing), I just returned for the free login campaign and absolutely want to sub again. The problem is, when I log into FFXIV I have to be actively logged into my dad's PSN even though I have my own PSN and PS4 as well as being the owner and only player of the FFXIV Square Enix account (if I were to sub again). However, whenever my dad wants to play his online games with his online friends on PSN (such as Destiny, Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc.) and logs in to his PS4 with his PSN, it forcibly logs me out of his PSN on my PS4 and boots me out of playing FFXIV. If I log back in, it boots him from whatever other game he is playing.

I have looked into this already. Apparently you can get your Square Enix Account unlinked from your PSN, but this will render the Service Account unusable????? The whole point is so that I can use my lvl 50 character with hundreds of hours of gameplay. Poured so much time and money into this game in 2013-2014. Is the best option to start over with a new account? I know you can buy a MSQ skip, but I never made it past 2.3 and don't want to miss out physically playing through those MSQs. Same goes for the leveling skip, as that will take the fun out of leveling my character from level 50-to level 60 on all the Heavensward content I am looking forward to. I also don't want to use all of my items, including mounts, minions, seasonal and event items, my relic weapon, rare drops of gear, gil, etc.

TLDR; my lvl 50, i119, 2.3 character is linked to my dad's PSN so I cannot play FFXIV without kicking him off of his own games (non-FFXIV related) and vice versa.

Starting over would not be worth it to me so I NEED my character. Someone please help, or tell me where else to post this for help. I have yet to talk to Square Enix Support over the phone, but I have a feeling they won't be able to do much since half of the problem is related to Sony and vice versa. Why do they make things so complicated for families/children growing up?

Also, does anyone know anyone with a similar problem and how they resolved it?

EDIT: I updated the forum account so that my character (the one I want to keep) is showing
    (0)
    Last edited by Mellotronscratch; 12-24-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    BCNU

Player
    Character
    Naia Lalita
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I spent a while spelunking various search results for helpful info for you... (I'm a PC player so I know nothing of PS3/4 shenanigans firsthand)

It seems like getting in direct contact with FFXIV customer support is the only way you stand a chance of accomplishing your goal here. There is no DIY solution.
    And there's a chance support will tell you they can't help, either. I hope that's not the case, but ye olde internet archives included this outcome, so I felt obligated to mention it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lenoria Lavarious
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 50
    Just figured I'd ask before I contact support. Customer service in general seems to take forever and oftentimes isn't helpful. Thanks for the help.
    (1)
    BCNU

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Forums,
    Unfortunately the issue you are describing is something we are not able to assist with in the Technical Support Forum. In order get the proper support, you will need to contact the North American Support Center. To assist with contacting them, we have gone ahead and opened a support ticket for you. The ticket number has been sent to the email associated to your Square Enix ID.

This thread will be moved to ‘Support Center Ticket Created’.

Hope you see you online!
    (0)