Player
    Character
    Flutter Butter
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

whats the ideal spell speed for blm?

I've been getting into blm a lot more recently and I can't help but feel my cast time is still too slow.

my current sps is 1753
    most of my gear is the un augmented Ryumyaku gear with some omnicron accessories.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lastelli Sungsem
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    1750 is a high sps value. Current good sets range from 1450 to 1921 sps, the lower sps set being slightly better in most scenarios. If you feel that your cast time is too slow with 1500+ sps, that means that you're simply not yet comfortable with the job.
    (0)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    1750 should be good enough, I typically try to have at least 1600 but I'm more comfortable with 1800.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    The one you're most comfortable with. While there are many mathematical best speed sets, you're left with variance from your own internet, hardware and ping due to server location so the intervals between GCDs won't be the same as everyone else. Find a spot you think you're comfortable and roll with it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Transient_Shadow View Post
    I've been getting into blm a lot more recently and I can't help but feel my cast time is still too slow.

my current sps is 1753
    most of my gear is the un augmented Ryumyaku gear with some omnicron accessories.
    Yes, anything above 1700+ is actually quite good and you should be able to play your rotations quite comfortably with that speed range. The great thing about us BLMs is that we are continuously striving to achieve that unique individual sweet spot for our SS even though there is a certain limit that ties into how we play, the reduced spell times etc...I have around 2000+ and it works great for me.
    (0)