Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90

Weekly Valuable Rewards Log / Gold Saucer Value Log

Was suggested inside a general thread but I think it would be quite nice if the Gold Saucer had a weekly challenge log (or like) with rewards that were a bit more end game focused.

For an example, if you participate in 5 to 10 (some not too grindy number, this is only once a week reward!) you'll earn 50 current end game tomes (Genesis for now).

I think this would encourage light and frequent visits to Gold Saucer throughout the week so new mini games can be enjoyed but not feel like you have to do them too much. It would also give players a casual option to rank up something valuable but also not let players do so exclusively (you're not going to gear out your level 70 exclusively by riding chocobos.. at least not faster than months delay lol).

A bit more complicated now but I think it might be interesting to have a set of fairly valuable rewards on the log cycle (weekly), such that the requirements don't change but what is rewarded cycles around the weekly log.

So one week (once weekly reward) might be:
    • 5 chocobo races: second tier tomes 100, 10 chocobo races: current tier tomes 50
    • 5 triad: 100 allied seals, 10 triad: 50 centriuo
    • 10 mini games: reset beastmen allowance and quest counter (meanings you can take more quests from the tribe you already took from), 25 mini games: item that resets weekly "custom deliveries" allowance (more balanced options could be "adds 3 more allowance" and such)
    • 5 Verminion: 15 venture, 10 Verminion: 5-10k GC Seals

The next week the rewards could move such that chocobo is not always tomes and triad always seals, this way if you hate a game you could see the rewards or at least prioritize and enjoy different ones if you don't want to do them all.

Another and this is probably much harder to do but one of the possible rewards could be progress on old relic content. Say Mahjong 3 times is one small stone that lets you buy items from a shop at the Gold Saucer strictly related to relic progress items, and 7 times would be two stones or a different stone that offers harder and other progress options.

IMO this would make the Gold Saucer a light casual content that can't move you too fast but also would be valuable to visit a few times a week, always and forever.

The numbers shouldn't be so large that it feels like grinding, enough to remind you of these awesome games but low enough that you're not like "...I don't have time to do 50 chocobo races, this is hardcore casual content" lol. Because they're weekly locked you can't just spam and progress explicitly through this means unless you intend to fall behind/don't care about being near the bleeding edge.

Thank you for reading!
    (2)
    Last edited by Shougun; 01-14-2019 at 02:34 PM.