Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An Update to Rival Wings in Patch 4.5

Greetings!

On the most recent episode of Adrenaline Rush TV, it was announced that Rival Wings would see several adjustments with Patch 4.5–A Requiem for Heroes.

One such adjustment will be the number of times that a team can ride the Brute Justice machina. Currently, Brute Justice can only be summoned twice by a team per match. This may make players who are new to Rival Wings feel hesitant to try out this machina. In Patch 4.5, this will be adjusted from 2 to unlimited, lowering the pressure and giving more chance to everyone.

Patch 4.5 will be a great time to dive back in to Rival Wings. If you're new to this mode, check out our play guide here.
    (8)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    I hope Brute Justice is being nerfed in some form as well... This really doesn't seem balanced otherwise...
    (3)

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    I hope Brute Justice is being nerfed in some form as well... This really doesn't seem balanced otherwise...
    It's balanced in the sense that both teams have access to it. Should make matches go faster, too. Though I wonder if you still won't be able to access Brute Justice until one of your towers has been destroyed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Zr
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxpheras View Post

One such adjustment will be the number of times that a team can ride the Brute Justice machina. Currently, Brute Justice can only be summoned twice by a team per match. This may make players who are new to Rival Wings feel hesitant to try out this machina. In Patch 4.5, this will be adjusted from 2 to unlimited, lowering the pressure and giving more chance to everyone.
    here.
    Why??¿¿
    Where are the new players?
    I thought Rival Wings only poped on Saturdays?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    It's balanced in the sense that both teams have access to it. Should make matches go faster, too. Though I wonder if you still won't be able to access Brute Justice until one of your towers has been destroyed.
    IDK, I really don't like the idea of there always being a Brute up with how much time it takes to kill them... I'd prefer less one shot mechanics in Rival Wings, not more... I guess it'll come down to mecha vs mecha even more now, can't say I'm pleased about that... Think it'll be even more unfun now if you're not in the mecha... Heck, the best thing about going against Brute Justice was when you killed it, you knew you'd done something big by denying the enemy that powerful tool... Now that's gone, they'll just get another one... Really think this is a bad adjustment, personally...
    (3)
    Last edited by Nalien; 12-21-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    "Is this an out of season April Fools Joke?"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lava Frost
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    This is a terrible solution to making the mode easier for new players. What would REALLY work is adding a legitimate tutorial, in a similar fashion to the Hall of the Novice. People would be able to try out the mechs and learn the critical aspects of the mode aside the Brute Justice. Things like the importance of fuel, where to find it, what mammets do, and which abilities do what (such as Oppressor missiles doing very little vs players).
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Perhaps you should focus more on getting potential new players to actually try Rival Wings first. If it wasn't for Reddit spamming weekly, Rival Wings wouldn't even get that hour surge of activity.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    The funny thing is, I imagine this could actually turn new players off, rather than encourage more of them to play... Being one shot by mecha was certainly my biggest turn off for Rival Wings for the longest time... One new player might get in Brute Justice and have fun, but the other three in the party? They're going to get murdered by Flamethrower and Mega Beam all match now, and probably not enjoy themselves...

Of all the mecha, I actually liked Brute Justice the most, precisely because of the limit... That gave it a lot of impact without it overpowering the match like Cruise Chaser does... There are always Cruise Chasers kicking around, and Laser X Sword is the lamest thing about Rival Wings, Brute Justice is basically the same but the limitation made it almost fun... There was a sense of accomplishment when you took them down and your team could make a big push... That'll be gone now... With no limitation they're just going to be even more bloodthirsty so those ridiculous one shot mechanics are going to be even worse... At least right now that OP mecha has to hold back to not be wasted, now they'll just be up in your face like Cruise Chasers... Like I said, they better be nerfing Brute Justice with this as well... Still a pointless and bad change regardless IMO though, fixing what ain't broke... Sigh, I should have known better than to actually start enjoying PvP again...
    (2)
    Last edited by Nalien; 12-21-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cidel Paratonnerre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxpheras View Post
    Well, I suppose it's certainly possible, but still unlikely. I say that only because any other adjustments (if any) are still unknown to us. As Brutes are, they still largely influence the flow of a match. If each team is limited to only being able to use two at a time, the pressure is still more or less no different because any poor play of a Brute Justice is enough time for the opposing team to overrun the other; regardless if whether or not the next person ready to snag a Brute is a better pilot because the other team already has the momentum by taking advantage of a largely novice player handling a Brute.

IMO They might as well just made a free area for solo mech-usage practice for everyone to get a feel of the mech's handling without any pressure, if that was the actual concern.

Patch 4.5 will be a great time to dive back in to Rival Wings.
    With all due respect, any time there's a Rival Wings update- that's almost literally the only feasible time to dive back in it before queues inevitably die just weeks later. With 4.5 dividing attention with BLU, PvE content, and potentially Eureka and yet another Feast season (I stopped keeping track), I don't know how strong the interest is going to be either.
    (2)
    Last edited by Cidel; 12-21-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast