Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Player
    OMEGAlomania's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    75
    Character
    Lana Cross
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

    Courier lost my Encyclopedia, SE are stonewalling me on support (UK)

    A week ago the UK courier (DPD) lied about me being home and decided to sign the package on my behalf, without leaving any record of where they decided to leave it.

    After many days and approaches of trying to get support from them, they are still unable to tell me where it ias, but have told me they are waiting for a response from the merchant (aka, whoever does this for SE in the UK) so they can investigate, and they have been for DAYS.

    And almost a week on SE still haven't replied to my personal ticket, or the update I sent them with the courier's reply. And now I don't know what to do, it feels like i've just thrown my money away on nothing and I have to accept it. I'm open to suggestions
    (2)

  2. #2
    Player
    Vespar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,410
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    You could try to contact your Credit card company and see if they'll pull the charge? Explain the situation...
    Not sure what else you can try. I'm not in the UK, so I dont know their policies or rules about lost mail. Usually it falls on the store to eat the lost merchandise and recoup the loss from the courier.

    You could also contact your local law enforcement and ask about what steps you can take against the courier for illegally forging your signature...? I dunno...
    (6)
    Last edited by Vespar; 12-13-2018 at 03:34 AM.
    Recruitment Code
    VR4BGK99

  3. #3
    Player
    ElazulHP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    502
    Character
    Aevalis Wynterfyre
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Sounds like a legit reason to do a charge back to me. I'd contact your card issuer and dispute it.
    (6)

  4. #4
    Player
    Dustytome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,968
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    If you like your account I would urge you to avoid the chargeback. While communications are a fragmented mess, billing runs straight through and they will not hesitate to lock down your account for it.
    (10)

  5. #5
    Player
    Lusavari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ul'Dah
    Posts
    635
    Character
    Vesperlyn Hayle
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Is there anyway you can contact the courier company? Also, this sounds like a job for the police.
    (3)

  6. #6
    Player
    OMEGAlomania's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    75
    Character
    Lana Cross
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    You could try to contact your Credit card company and see if they'll pull the charge? Explain the situation...
    Not sure what else you can try. I'm not in the UK, so I dont know their policies or rules about lost mail. Usually it falls on the store to eat the lost merchandise and recoup the loss from the courier.

    You could also contact your local law enforcement and ask about what steps you can take against the courier for illegally forging your signature...? I dunno...
    Quote Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
    Sounds like a legit reason to do a charge back to me. I'd contact your card issuer and dispute it.
    Thanks for your advice, but this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    If you like your account I would urge you to avoid the chargeback. While communications are a fragmented mess, billing runs straight through and they will not hesitate to lock down your account for it.
    is why I was hesitating to avoid the chargeback. And I actually want my book >_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusavari View Post
    Is there anyway you can contact the courier company? Also, this sounds like a job for the police.
    I did message them, they told me they are trying to get a response from the merchant but there's nothing. I don't know about contacting the police, this seems more like a civil matter than a criminal one :/ I'll try a fresh support ticket using the advice I found here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...een-delivered/ I guess, if they still don't reply I guess i'll have to try the charge back, which makes me pretty nervous.
    (1)

  7. #7
    Player
    Vidu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,557
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGAlomania View Post
    I did message them, they told me they are trying to get a response from the merchant but there's nothing. I don't know about contacting the police, this seems more like a civil matter than a criminal one :/ I'll try a fresh support ticket using the advice I found here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...een-delivered/ I guess, if they still don't reply I guess i'll have to try the charge back, which makes me pretty nervous.
    I honestly dont understand why they need a response from SE to figure out how THEY messed up the delivery? One should expect them to be able to figure out who on their staff messed up and possibly how to fix this now... specially if you have a tracking ID and such.
    I'd keep harrassing DPD if I were you...
    (8)

  8. #8
    Player
    Aylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    720
    Character
    Aylis Beckett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGAlomania View Post
    I did message them, they told me they are trying to get a response from the merchant but there's nothing. I don't know about contacting the police, this seems more like a civil matter than a criminal one :/ I'll try a fresh support ticket using the advice I found here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...een-delivered/ I guess, if they still don't reply I guess i'll have to try the charge back, which makes me pretty nervous.
    Civil Lawsuits do exist for things like this, though at face value this really does sound criminal. They forged your signature which in itself is illegal, lied about it and didn't leave any record on where it is. Based on that, the delivery person could have very well just flat out stole it for themselves and kept it.
    (9)

  9. #9
    Player
    kikix12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    883
    Character
    Seraphitia Faro
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGAlomania View Post
    I don't know about contacting the police, this seems more like a civil matter than a criminal one
    Forgery is a crime. One can be fined or arrested for it. As such, it is most certainly something for the police.

    On the other hand, having documents from the police related to the forgery may greatly increase the couriers (company) interest in helping you, lest they be accused of being a side to a criminal offense. If the court will actually find the courier (person) guilty in a timely manner, you can be sure that it will instantly make the company do their very best to help you.

    Sure, the case seems like something small, but unlike in civil cases, you have nothing to lose but some time. You won't have to pay anything. You already do by paying taxes. And it will always help in a civil case related to it were you to pursue it in the future for whatever reason.
    (6)

  10. #10
    Player
    Sakuraluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,763
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Might just be me, but I don’t understand why it would be on SE to contact the mail carrier to initiate an investigation when the carrier were the ones who lost the package in the first place, and you’ve already alerted them that it was not recieved. Sounds like they’re just saying things to get you to leave them alone.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sakuraluna; 12-13-2018 at 09:39 AM.


    ___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~
    __________

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast