Player
    Character
    Zansei Daitou
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70

Location of Orbonne Monastery

Not really much to say other than I believe it is Lea Monde, considering its the only other major city in Dalmasca according to the lorebook. Plus they have a similar general appearance and atmosphere.

What do you all think?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rica Elak'ha
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Hard to say. Especially since Dalmasca and all is from XII while Orbonne Monastery is from Tactics, so I assume that they will make a nice mash-up of both. Also just because the other Raids were set in Dalmasca doesn't necessarily mean this one will be as well. I also could imagine it more close to Garlemald.
    (0)

I'm taking Lore way too seriously. And I'm not sorry about that.

Player
    Character
    Arctura Fengari
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Lea Monde might be our new city state for 5.0. A lot of people seem to look over the fact that we might never unlock Garlemald. With Rabanastre, and Dalmasca both in ruins, should Ivalice end up in 5.0, we will need a place to go.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    It's highly likely Thavanir will be one of the City-States we visit because it directly mentions "Viera" in its inhabitants and it's also not that far from Doma and is somewhat close to Garlemald and is a neutral nation. I am also pretty sure Ivalice doesn't exist on Hydaelyn anymore. It was an ancient nation that's been buried underneath Thavanir/Dalmasca/Rabanstre
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faire Eravyn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I personally imagine that Orbonne Monastery will be somewhere within Dalmasca, albeit outside of the city itself. That seems to be the primary setting for the Ivalice storyline, and it's shown to host the ruins of several ancient civilizations including Ivalice and Gog. It could be in Lea Monde or somewhere fancier, but I kind of doubt it. Why overcomplicate things?
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I'm fairly certain that Lea Monde will play a part in FFXIV's story moving forward. It's just a matter of when and how.

Return to Ivalice is the safest best since the place was named outright for the first time during the wine collecting portion of the quests tied to Ridorana. Furthermore, Jenomis' wife is named as Tia - which is also the name of the wife of Vagrant Story's protagonist Ashley Riot. Things get even more interesting when you consider that Lea Monde is full of dark magic and shambling corpses. One theme explored is that the dead come back wrong. Jenomis' dialogue after Ridorana is completed has him outright speculate that he could use the Auracite to bring back his wife. Lea Monde also has a huge cathedral in the centre of the city, so it wouldn't be a stretch for FFXIV's version to have a monastery instead whilst still adhering to similar aesthetics.

Another possibility is that Lea Monde will be the equivalent of Ishgard and Kugane for 5.0. I'm not sold on that, though it would be fun to explore a version of Lea Monde that wasn't brought to ruin.

An additional possibility is that it'll be a dungeon in 5.0 or a ruined zone to explore along the lines of the outer portions of Ala Mhigo and what is left of Eorzea's Sharlayan settlements. No matter what route is taken, as a fan of Ivalice in general I am ridiculously excited by the potential!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Coby Malus
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    In the infodump bot we have Ashley, Mullenkamp, and Sydney named as Zodiac Braves of the past. It's also the missing bit of Matsuno's Ivalice not directly covered so there's sense in pulling something from Vagrant Story next, or blend ruined Lea Monde to the Necrohol. With Ba'gamnan's employer still unnamed and the weirdness of the auracite it seems like we could get anything out of Orbonne.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lycoris Selunis
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    That screencap is from the fanfest right? it looks to me like the buildings are damaged or in ruins. I wonder if it does happen to be in Lea Monde but the place is still sacked by Garleans or other.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astaroth Karnaim
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    that pic is from the vagrant story art
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianFatale View Post
    Lea Monde might be our new city state for 5.0. A lot of people seem to look over the fact that we might never unlock Garlemald. With Rabanastre, and Dalmasca both in ruins, should Ivalice end up in 5.0, we will need a place to go.
    And even if we go to Garlemald in 5.0, it's possible that we'll be in hostile territory and not get a full on city there. It wouldn't be without precedent. Stormblood's new city was neither Ala Mhigo nor Doma, but part of a third entirely separate nation. Even if a lot of 5.0 turns out to be centered around the empire, we could easily get something like Radz-at-Han etc as the 'city' of the expansion rather than a city withing Garlemald.

And, 4.5 raid spoilers:

It seems the Ivalice story isn't over between them setting up Fran, her boss and the Dalmasca resistance without conclusing their story as well as the stinger scene with the Empire in Goug. So I think we can expect more from this story arc, whether it's worked into the msq or just in having 5.X's alliance raid story as a sequel to Return to Ivalice.
    (2)