Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Iris Memoire
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    I'm also only just recently finishing my second weapon, progressing at a rate of roughly 4 frosteds per 2.5-3 hours of NM contribution, having not started until the 4.5 Eureka changes. As such, for the 62+ light meters I have filled, I have earned 2,600 of the big crystals to date, plus Louhi spawns often enough that I haven't needed to exchange for ice yet.

My suggestion I've been meaning to post here for a while is simply to add a crystal exchange to Pagos, which is arguably the one thing that made Anemos progression work so well. Just say we can smash a sphere of ice (= 50 crystals) over the forge for one frosted crystal and everything will even out perfectly. Have it be more ice/crystals per one frosted if that sounds too easy. That's all I'm asking. You'll fix the problems with light accumulating too slowly and the recent crystal change causing us to have way too many at the same time.

...Thus giving people like me more time to spare on the true Pagos endgame, which as we all know is bunny treasure runs for gold chests.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hildagarde Fabool
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Imo they would also need to add crystals from all the eureka zones to the challenge log. Otherwise more or less dead content come 5.0 leaving only diehards
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viese Blanchimont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Eureka as a whole is just problematic in design. It is something that requires a large amount of players to function properly. Without a group, progress is pretty much impossible to begin with and it is not supported by traditional matchmaking. Every new area further divides the players and makes it harder to progress since special monster spawns rely on large numbers of players.

I'd rather have the poetic/light grind of Heavensward or even having to run Deep Dungeons endlessly in the future than anything like Eureka. I've pretty much did a few Anemos and then quit trying when Pagos came out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecilious Spina
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I don't see why people are complaining about leveling/advancing in Eureka? I have very limited gaming time and only like 2 people that I play FF with. I am currently level 54 in Hydatos and I have my Pyros weapon for my RDM. It's really simple, I have never seen someone not get an invite when they shout for one when an NM pops.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viese Blanchimont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaj85 View Post
    I don't see why people are complaining about leveling/advancing in Eureka? I have very limited gaming time and only like 2 people that I play FF with. I am currently level 54 in Hydatos and I have my Pyros weapon for my RDM. It's really simple, I have never seen someone not get an invite when they shout for one when an NM pops.
    It's long, tedious, and boring. Unlike the HW relics, your only option is to grind mobs endlessly in various regions of Eureka. These are mobs that take forever to solo and all it takes is a single high level player running up and down the area to one shot your mob to render all your effort meaningless and ruin your chain. There's literally nothing else that you can do for progression. HW's relics utilized the light system and tomestones as its main form of progress, which opened it up to significantly more methods of completion. It was possible to jump between numerous trials and even PvP to complete your relic. This is what separates it from the monotony that is SB's relic grind. SB's is just monotonous and boring. ARR's relics might be a lot harder to complete, but even I feel progression through those frustrating steps are still more enjoyable than Eureka as a whole because there's at least a bit of variety there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cecilious Spina
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    It's long, tedious, and boring. Unlike the HW relics, your only option is to grind mobs endlessly in various regions of Eureka. These are mobs that take forever to solo and all it takes is a single high level player running up and down the area to one shot your mob to render all your effort meaningless and ruin your chain. There's literally nothing else that you can do for progression. HW's relics utilized the light system and tomestones as its main form of progress, which opened it up to significantly more methods of completion. It was possible to jump between numerous trials and even PvP to complete your relic. This is what separates it from the monotony that is SB's relic grind. SB's is just monotonous and boring. ARR's relics might be a lot harder to complete, but even I feel progression through those frustrating steps are still more enjoyable than Eureka as a whole because there's at least a bit of variety there.
    But a lot of people do enjoy the SB relic stuff. I find it much more enjoyable than they HW relic. I guess to each their own but none of it is mandatory.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zolmation Volt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    even taking it down to 20 light would be nice in pagos. but for real if they just added logograms it would make it kind of better
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Viese Blanchimont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaj85 View Post
    But a lot of people do enjoy the SB relic stuff. I find it much more enjoyable than they HW relic. I guess to each their own but none of it is mandatory.
    The recent chart data showed that only 11% of the players in NA that ever made it into Eureka actually made it to Pyros and that means even fewer of those actually made it to the end of Hydatos (or whatever it is called, I'm not sure on the name). It's actually the only non-capped end game weapon at the moment, which doesn't really give much else in terms of options available. But, in terms of player engagement this is about double the number of players who actually clear Savage content. Considering that this is meant to be the end all content of SB, that is not a good sign. You literally have Savage numbers for what should have been casual content and that means that there was very little that players actually got out of it and that time could have been better used elsewhere.

The reason why SB's relic is so problematic is because of how much it is tied into Eureka. There's no other way to obtain it other than the monotonous Eureka grind. There's no variety in terms of what you can do for end game and it is even harder to get people into the middle zones because of it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Blanchimont; 02-20-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crux Corvus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaceon10 View Post
    Leveling and the light grind are both pretty bad themselves, but the ugly head of Pagos only starts to rear its little head when you start getting into the deeper aspects of it, such as the Eureka Effect items. Starting with Hakutaku, the issue with even having the opportunity to get the Optical Hat is related to Happy Bunnies being garbage with giving golds (discussed later), and how difficult it is to get the Eyes or even buy them.
    These items are very difficult to get. The good part about this is that you in no way need these items, it does not affect your ability to obtain the weapons and gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zolmation Volt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    Farming light in a party should be better than farming light solo. Its soooooooooo much slower to farm light in a party that you're better off afking between nm's. If party light was equivalent to the limited solo light camps then Pagos would not be so bad.

edit:

everything I said is wrong. Soloing 36 mobs is amazing light. Gentles. Brights. Brilliants. and doing small party light farms is really strong too. Pagos is fine.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zolvolt; 03-07-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast