Player
    Character
    Fionulla Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17

Lag

The game has severe lag on my laptop with no discernible cause.
    (0)

Good morning Oboist and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

When did this first start happening? Do you recall anything changing or updating on your device that coincides with this?

Additionally, please provide the following information:

- Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)
    - Type of connection (wired or wireless)
    - Other programs running while the game is playing (if any)
    - Frequency at which error occurs
    - Everything you have tried to resolve the issue

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fionulla Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Good morning Oboist and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

When did this first start happening? Do you recall anything changing or updating on your device that coincides with this?

Additionally, please provide the following information:

- Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)
    - Type of connection (wired or wireless)
    - Other programs running while the game is playing (if any)
    - Frequency at which error occurs
    - Everything you have tried to resolve the issue

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    There were updates to my OS and graphics driver recently. It started happening today. I didn't play for a few weeks, but this is the first time I've ever encountered something like this. I'm on a Windows laptop on a wireless connection. I had no other programs running at the same time. It was constant. I didn't try to resolve the issue because I don't know what I'm doing. I'm barely able to use a computer to begin with. Normally my grandson handles things like this, and he said I should wait and see.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fionulla Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17
    I'm still having this problem.
    (0)

Good morning Oboist and thank you for the reply.

I apologize for the delay in the response. Please try the following options:

- Reset the router
    - Plug directly into the router with an Ethernet cable
    - The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

-Make sure your fire wall or antivirus program is not interfering with the game

Hope to see you online!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fionulla Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynratygus View Post
    Good morning Oboist and thank you for the reply.

I apologize for the delay in the response. Please try the following options:

- Reset the router
    - Plug directly into the router with an Ethernet cable
    - The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

-Make sure your fire wall or antivirus program is not interfering with the game

Hope to see you online!
    I've had no luck so far. Connecting the laptop to the modem isn't an option, I couldn't find the SSL options, and none of the rest helped.
    (0)

Thank you for the update Oboist.

Lag is sometimes caused by congestion along your route to the server. It can also be caused or exacerbated by a wireless connection. Can you explain your connection to the internet? How far are you from the router? What exactly is preventing you from using a wired connection?

Have you tried disabling the anti-virus/firewall to see if this affects the connection?

(0)

Player
    Character
    Fionulla Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 17
    The latest updates to my graphics driver and OS fixed my problem! Thanks for trying to help. ^^;
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for the update!

I am glad to hear that your concern has been resolved. Due to this, this thread will be moved to " Closed Concerns". For further assistance please post again in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Hope to see you online!
    (0)