Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ashe Zahra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Where is my Encyclopedia, Square? It's been nearly two weeks.

I'm getting to be at the end of my rope here, Square. I pre-ordered Encyclopedia volume 2 literally within hours of it going up on the site. It's now nearly two weeks since the book came out, and I have seen not a page of the thing, nor anything but the vaguest and least helpful form letter ticket responses. UPS will not deliver on weekends, so provided it continues to not arrive tomorrow--and I have no reason to expect it will--it will have been a full two weeks late, with no information whatsoever.

How were there manufacturing problems when the company already produced the books for Fanfest? How can the store tell me suddenly it's a logistics issue not a manufacturing issue, but the logistics issue is "fixed", but a full week after being told THAT I still see nothing? How are there people getting their books randomly across the world but you somehow can't manage to ship things in the order actual orders were received? I should have been one of the first shipments out yet every day I see more people posting happy pictures of their package and I still see nothing.

Worse, I've been charged the full $70-some two weeks ago, so you're basically robbing me for a product I have no reason to expect is ever going to be coming in any short order. Apparently from people on the forum here the idea is I should place a second order and return the first if it ever actually comes? So I'm supposed to blow another $70 temporarily just to make up for an order that should have been handled already? I'm seriously at my limits with this store. I will never, EVER buy another thing from this site until you somehow manage to drop this joke of Scalefast.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I wonder if this is how they dropped digital river before Scalefast haha!
    At any rate, I hear your frustration. I share it immensely and as I stated in my other thread regarding the issue, I have already put in an FTC complaint. I highly recommend you do the same. It will likely have better results than us griping on the forums. After all money talks and if Scalefast gets a reprimand from the Federal Trade Commission, then that will hurt them or at the very least hopefully they'll change their practices.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vespar; 12-07-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    It's hanging out with the Fallout 76 canvas bags.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Didn't this happen the last time with the last set of Encyclopedia Eorzeas?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Well Bush died recently at 94, and no mail went out at all on the 5th, or maybe on the 4th?, since it became a national holiday at the time in the US. Also there's the fact that you and more than likely COUNTLESS others have bought the book, all at around the same time. During the holidays, when mail tends to be slow.

But yes, how dare you have to wait for something you bought. It's not like anyone else bought anything, oh wait...
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Blokeymon Kenobi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    As someone who also ordered the book literally the second it went live, and was charged mid-Nov, all I can is be patient.

Yes, the lack of communication is shocking, but they ARE starting to arrive... as I found out yesterday when mine turned up.

I can't excuse the lack of communication with customers, but the books ARE getting out there.
    (0)
    <insert witty and amusing statement here>

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacent View Post
    Well Bush died recently at 94, and no mail went out at all on the 5th, or maybe on the 4th?, since it became a national holiday at the time in the US. Also there's the fact that you and more than likely COUNTLESS others have bought the book, all at around the same time. During the holidays, when mail tends to be slow.

But yes, how dare you have to wait for something you bought. It's not like anyone else bought anything, oh wait...
    Clearly you didnt read the issues going around. Preorders for the book were back in September, a fair few folks who preordered day 1 have yet to recieve them. However folks who bought one on Nov 30th, have had theirs shipped and in many cases have already been recieved. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH MAIL BEING SLOW. Its an issue with Scalefast and whatever they are doing over there. No tracing info, no communication, miscommunications when they do finally say something. Orders shipping out of turn (newer orders before preorders... Its basically Scalefast pulling a Bethesda... though maybe not on such a grand scale lol)
    (6)
    Last edited by Vespar; 12-07-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    Clearly you didnt read the issues going around. Preorders for the book were back in September, a fair few folks who preordered day 1 have yet to recieve them. However folks who bought one on Nov 30th, have had theirs shipped and in many cases have already been recieved. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH MAIL BEING SLOW. Its an issue with Scalefast and whatever they are doing over there. No tracing info, no communication, miscommunications when they do finally say something. Orders shipping out of turn (newer orders before preorders... Its basically Scalefast pulling a Bethesda... though maybe not on such a grand scale lol)
    Ha! You're funny. There's a HUGE difference in mailing things out properly, than being the kind of company that Bethesda of all people has become. To pull a bethesda, you have to release buggy products that never get better as the years pass, then you have to bait and switch the player base. Are people getting paperback books? No. Are they just having to wait longer than they thought to get something? Yes. Did the company not mail them out in the proper manner? Yep. But oh no, people have to wait longer to get something they paid for. Happens all the time when people pre-order anything that will exist. Hell, I had to wait 2 1/2 months when I pre-ordered my Limited Edition Animal Crossing 3DS XL system when I pre-ordered it. It happens.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Krokov Reynall
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    They have sent out emails and acknowledged the problems and are issuing refunds of the shipping fees for those orders that have been delayed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacent View Post
    Ha! You're funny. There's a HUGE difference in mailing things out properly, than being the kind of company that Bethesda of all people has become. To pull a bethesda, you have to release buggy products that never get better as the years pass, then you have to bait and switch the player base. Are people getting paperback books? No. Are they just having to wait longer than they thought to get something? Yes. Did the company not mail them out in the proper manner? Yep. But oh no, people have to wait longer to get something they paid for. Happens all the time when people pre-order anything that will exist. Hell, I had to wait 2 1/2 months when I pre-ordered my Limited Edition Animal Crossing 3DS XL system when I pre-ordered it. It happens.
    The point here is holding the company accountable. Not picking on consumers who are just trying to make sure they get what they paid for. I'm pretty sure you'd be angry if you pre-ordered and paid for a new car to be built for example and it didnt show up when it was supposed to and then no information on its status was ever given and the company was super hard to get a response from? The pricing of an item, and where or when it was ordered is irrelevant. Companies have a duty to be transparent and forthcoming with their consumers. This is why we have things like the BBB, FTC and laws that help govern trade to ensure that this stuff is handled PROPERLY. So sue me for being a responsible consumer and making sure I get what I pay for and taking steps to get a refund if I dont.
    That said, they are at least now finally sending out emails to affected customers. So maybe filing an FTC complaint was a good idea? I could care less about the shipping refund. Its nice but Id rather have shipment information and timeframes on when these things will hopefully be sent out and failing that then I want the company to issue me a refund and cancel my order. Here's hoping we'll finally start seeing them be more transparent and fix the issue.
    (4)
    Last edited by Vespar; 12-08-2018 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Clarity

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast