Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90

More Quick Info From Enmity Icon

I was hoping SE could add a bit more obvious detail into the quick icon, by the enemies name's in enemy list (colored triangle/squares), to let players know where they stand.

I've read that the rate the icon pulses (yellow/orange/red square triangle icons on the left of each enemy) means something but that sort of detail is a bit hard to make out in a lot of combat (if even real lol).

What I'd like to see if possible, or something like it:

Up triangle means you're gaining enmity at a rate higher than the top enmity holder (or if at the top then in comparison to below), down triangle means your enmity gain rate is lower than the top (by at least 25%). Solid square means you're within equal rates. The first few seconds of a fight might cause the arrows to move up and down a bit but after that the rate of change should be calculated over a few seconds for a better picture and less triangle flipping.

The upwards/downwards triangle begins to shake/wobble when you're nearing 15% to the next enmity shift, aka a shift in color like dark orange to red (or at least when you're at position 2 nearing to 1 or position 1 near losing to position 2).

For colors of course green means you're basically unheard of, yellow is low threat, dark orange is medium threat, and red is top threat. I'd like to see a Purple if possible that means you're at least 2x higher threat than the second person on the enmity list (second person in list that's not a tank, so basically there is a chasm of enmity difference - stop spamming enmity). Although the purple might be bad if your co-tank keeps trying to steal aggro, perhaps a small glowy aura instead so the other colors can remain?

Now you can see where you are relative to everyone else, and how fast you're moving relative to the top as well, if you're about to lose / gain it relatively quickly with just a few glances of colors and shapes. For the whole enemy list to add.

I know you can see the specific rank of your target by looking at the party list but you'd have to tab if you want to see each one. I think that having all the moving and shaking information available in the enemy list, rather than having to tab to each monster, would be more helpful in most cases.

Thank you for reading
    (1)
    Last edited by Shougun; 12-05-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    I'd at the very least like an indicator of when we have top enmity but barely, and are close to losing it, as opposed to when we have top enmity by a wide margin. We have green, yellow, and orange indicators for when we're not the primary aggro target, but only red for when we are. Separating the currently red one into multiple levels could help tanks know when to focus of aggro skills and when to focus on DPS, so I think that part could be the most useful addition. (After that, the extra stuff about the rate you're gaining/losing aggro might also be nice to have, but somewhat less important.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 12-05-2018 at 04:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    When would this be useful? For single targets, we already have the information we need, and I can't really think of any instance where it was important to know enmity levels for multiple monsters at a time. You pull hate on something, you pop an enmity shedding action.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    When would this be useful? For single targets, we already have the information we need, and I can't really think of any instance where it was important to know enmity levels for multiple monsters at a time. You pull hate on something, you pop an enmity shedding action.
    At a moments glance you get a lot more info, and don't pull hate either (that shouldn't be when you pop enmity shedding lol).. Also as a tank you can see an informative status of all monsters in the list rather than tabbing to see if any is about to lose interest.

It's QoL. Rather "why should we have enmity info, just pop hate shedding action" but no I'd rather have the QoL even if I can possibly live without it.
    (0)