Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Apoc Baldr
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Conceptually DRK is my favourite class (design, concept, story).

His gameplay design works, he has the tools to handle anything with advantages and disadvantages.

My only real problem with this class is the gameplay clunkyness and lack of satisfaction. There is just no peak to the class, the satisfaction is just not there.

PLD gets to feel like a friking impenetrable wall while shielding or healing everyone else and WAR can beat all DPS classes for a few seconds while being invinsible at the same time. DRK on the other hand is sort of a mute experience, all his abilities names and descriptions call for badassness yet when executed are underwhelming, they are just "enough" to get by but never capable of exceeding or allowing the player to feel like a badass. That plus the fact there is not really a "flow" to him.

Id love to have a more powerfull single attack, how bout a 100 blood gauge + all mana cost bloodspiller, sort of BLM flare mechanics, would be cool.

DRK is my main and will remain to be but sadly the most fun and cool moments i have playing this game never come from him.

PS. I actually like The Blackest Night mechanics as they are.
    (1)
    Last edited by armandojc3; 12-05-2018 at 02:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lancefer Lanverlais
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Hope they get rid of the knock off warrior abilities in this supposed rework. Speaking of, I’ve been gone for quite awhile, can anyone share where they said a DRK rework is coming?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Megguido View Post
    Main point is about Holmgang. Holmgang is OP, but requires heavy healing to recover akin to Living Dead, except it's more frequent.
    Far from it. If nothing comes right after reaching 1 HP, it's not that difficult to survive with a single Cure and some ticks of Regen and Medica. On top of that, reducing further damage would also help you survive what comes after whereas DRK would not benefit at all from additionnal mitigation, Galvanize of TBN to survive the side effect of Living Dead.

And if you really need your healer to pack a powerful healing, Benediction could technically be up for every Holmgang, so even the "more frequent" part is not that stressful.
    (1)
    Last edited by Reynhart; 12-05-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Daiki Sejuro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    They only issue DRK honestly has is it’s disgusting huge need for MP with so little MP to begin with, TBN is a double edged sword that you would end up falling on often, and

Everything about Dark Arts is holding the class back soooooo much it’s just baffling why anyone would think that the way that the skill is used now would be optimal.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shao Kuraisenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I was replying to Miyafuji, I should have quoted sorry. And clipping isn't a DRK issue, it's a Square Enix and shitty connections issue. If you can't play DRK without clipping, you can't play MCH, DRG, NIN, SMN, MNK, SAM without clipping.
    i don't have cliping isues per se but i get some on blood weapon windows with certain animations, specially when i have to use certain CDs, nothing serious but i know is a problem for certain friends mine tha5t have high ping.

I just disagree with this. If we consider full DPS stance mode, WAR only has Storm's Path. At ilvl 385, Storm's Path heals for 2.2k HP every 3 GCD. In other words, it takes at least 18 GCD, which is around 40 seconds (without any Fell Cleave nor Storm's eye in the equation, so actually longer), to heal 14k HP as a WAR, which is what TBN can mitigate at a very minor cost. But that's not the main point. Main point is about Holmgang. Holmgang is OP, but requires heavy healing to recover akin to Living Dead, except it's more frequent. Surviving at half HP with DM + TBN is better than suviving with 1 HP, cause it's easier to recover. Unless you swap to tank stance and start IR - Inner Beast spam of course.

Living dead is a pain in the ass in dungeons mostly, and solo content, because you can't self heal to full HP in less than 10s and because a single unaware healer will have trouble to do so as well. Just put Living Dead healing requirement to 50% max HP, and turn TBN into a self heal instead of a shield during walking dead debuff or something like that and it's fixed.
    you can use only Excogitation, Essential Dignity, benediction or any casted cure and WAR will be instantly out of danger and even take care of it yourself if you are alone vs having to restore the same amount of max HP DRK have in 10 seconds, if you have benediction ready for it both are equal, but if is not the case living dead is worse, much worse, but is bcs the living dead mechanic is bad desingned since DRK can't take care of it by himself, and yeah holmgang is pretty op but is like is part of WAR identity have something op.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lancefer Lanverlais
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aomine1992 View Post
    They only issue DRK honestly has is it’s disgusting huge need for MP with so little MP to begin with, TBN is a double edged sword that you would end up falling on often, and

Everything about Dark Arts is holding the class back soooooo much it’s just baffling why anyone would think that the way that the skill is used now would be optimal.
    I disagree here. I love the concept of limiting resources and using an ability that essentially upgrades certain abilities. I think the issue is that Square got it so right on some abilities and so wrong on others. There’s no reason as to why spending DA on SE shouldn’t cause it to heal for half the damage it does out of grit. There’s no reason why spending it on Bloodspiller makes it more of a Fell Cleave clone. I love how it adds enmity to plunge and a blind to DP.

I know others weren’t fond of spending it on defensives but man did I love it. It felt engaging cause you had to think while fighting your own mp pool. Almost like struggling with the darkness or something edgy like that, I dont know.

As for TBN. It’s grown on me since coming back. I hope it stays if they rework the class next xpac.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lubu Mykono
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    DRK ultimate ability living dead needs to be buffed or changed.
    Dark Arts needs another level like Blood Arts or change the reliance on it (8 or 9 moves??)
    Please do something like Dark Arts + Blackest Nights = ENTIRE PARTY shield since both other tanks have it.

My advice, remove MP and make the blood resource the entire way damage/dps is done on Dark Knight, and put Dark Arts on a GCD or cooldown if its possible.

Just my advice, im no DRK expert. its just an opinion.
    (0)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    The thing i really hate about DA is its animation. Its awesome but it always gets cut short and is out of place as a weaving skill.

But yeah, its too much cost for too little gain.
    I'd like it to be placed on the GCD, but double the potency of the next attack plus a bonus effect, therefore you're not paying for it so much with MP but with time, you lose one GCD in order to double down on the next one.
    Need more HP, DA before SE, need more MP, DA before SS, need more emnity, DA before Plunge, etc. But by doing so, you consolidate two GCDs worth of damage into one, doubling that skills additional effect, double the HP, double the MP, double the emnity, etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lancefer Lanverlais
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    The thing i really hate about DA is its animation. Its awesome but it always gets cut short and is out of place as a weaving skill.

But yeah, its too much cost for too little gain.
    I'd like it to be placed on the GCD, but double the potency of the next attack plus a bonus effect, therefore you're not paying for it so much with MP but with time, you lose one GCD in order to double down on the next one.
    Need more HP, DA before SE, need more MP, DA before SS, need more emnity, DA before Plunge, etc. But by doing so, you consolidate two GCDs worth of damage into one, doubling that skills additional effect, double the HP, double the MP, double the emnity, etc.
    That would honestly slaughter what’s left of the identity the class has left: Feeling faster than the other two tanks. Also it would remove the on the fly choices you would have to make. Square just needs to make the choices happen.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ziero Rehw-bidit
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I think TBN is great.

You can use TBN and Dark Mind to deal with most tank busters in this game. Unlike Inner Beast, TBN doesn't need you to be in tank stance. Since tanks in this game are mostly in DPS stance, TBN is realistically a leg up over WAR in terms of personal mitigation. As far as comparing it to sheltron goes, TBN won't suffer from diminishing returns, so while it doesn't provide as much raw mitigation as sheltron alone, it has much greater synergy with other cooldowns than sheltron could ever have.

Combine it with the fact it's dps neutral compared to Dark Arts, AND on a 15 second cooldown, TBN is a top-tier cooldown. No way can you call that bad design!
    (0)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast