Character
    Damien Ramirezz
    World
    Shinryu
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80

Economy need a rebalance

Lets look at this

teleport to a location, farm 12 mobs, only 1 mob drops anything.
    Lets look at the costs involved.

If i didnt have the location favourited it wouldnt of cost me more than i "Could" (very important word here) make.

So NPC sells for 99 gil, thats a major loss, if it was ARR or HW items its usually better off NPC'ing them due to the 1-19gil price.
    If i market place them & the do sell for 300, thats 900 & the total costs is? Technically 999 gil for teleport it was only luck i had it Favourited & 405gil repair meaning a loss of 504Gil
    If you want to be a douche then 4gil profit. So proved the point of no economy & pointless even playing or grinding open world.
    Also Fun Fact theres another teleport cost you can add, to go back to sell it, but as it varities depending on situiation from (0gil Return) 100gil to 999gil i didnt include it, But It Is There!
    • Lack of drop rate is an issue that addressing (very noticeable during leveling)
    • lack of gil from open world farming is an issue. (less noticeable due to quests giving Gil, but still there if you pay attenchion)
    • High costs of teleporting is an issue (even a blind man can see this is an issue)
    • high costs of repairs (For new players) is an issue.
    (This is due to the costs to level each craft to repair each seperate gears respective piece e.g. it takes Leatherworker [or armorer which should honestly by the looks of it be merged with blacksmith!], Weaver, Goldsmith, Blacksmith at max level to repair gear, meld & advanced meld)

Theres no point going out & killing things, so no point in playing for anything more than capping tomes by the looks of this game.

There is a point to bankrupting yourself in leveling crafting to repair & meld, But then again its also pointless as the econonmy isnt there to finish leveling it (Even mid way level it), to teleport to where you need to go to start/finish quests e.t.c.

Theres more issues like the marketplace has no fixed base price so you cant make money & its nothing but undercutting to 1gil e.t.c. Or how the NPC sale value of items is also to low in many cases for modern drops (HW, SB). Honestly if you are not going to set a base price you should force sell to NPC's if they set it to under the NPC price. OR something like that, Anything is better than the current system.

you've had what 1 remake & 3 expansions now & this is the state of the game from all that Experiance?....... No Excuse really for it to be in this state! i hope you pull finger & look into it ASAP before your next Expansion.

All this might of worked in A Realm Reborn, but in Stormblood with new players it doesnt really work. Just ask a player who has just started (Which i am! So it is confirmed).

You're Welcome!, I do look forward to it!
    (0)
    Last edited by Judas_Ramirez; 12-02-2018 at 06:15 PM. Reason: images didnt load

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Firstly what do tiger skins go for on the market boards. 33 gil to a venfmdor might be 500 or 1000 gil on a market board.

Secondly If the economy needs rebalancing it's the other way...

Even the laziest if players earn hundreds of thousands of gils with no real effort at all.

No gathering. No crafting. No farming. Just a few roulette here and there and the gil still comes pouring in.

The problem this games has always had is money is created faster than it's destroyed. Which in turn leads to hyper inflation which in turn is combatted by undercutters. And the effect is this rather weird situation we have where stuff on the market board can get ridiculously expensive. Like 20 million gil for a glamour poncho.. But at the same time gil itself is largely considered worthless. Which is why players dump such ridiculous amounts on stuff. And values nose dive rapidly.

I got 2 shiny minions from heaven on high when it was new sold an both for 20 and 30 million.. on the first day... And within a week they were down to under 100k.

There's far too much money in the economy
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Also if you're still paying for teleports you're doing it wrong - go and unlock The Hunt from your Grand Company (for the ARR Hunts), at the Forgotten Knight in Ishgard (for HW Hunts), and at the tea rooms in Kugane (for SB Hunts). The Allied Seals and Clan Centurio Seals that are rewards from completing each Hunt target can be redeemed for aetheryte tickets, which entitle you to free teleports.

Do your daily Hunts and the Weekly B Rank Hunt and you'll soon have more than enough Seals to ensure you never have to pay for teleportation charges again (as long as you keep doing Hunts every day to keep your stock of aetheryte tickets up).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    The two biggest issues with the game's economy are a huge lack of gil sinks coupled with bots both generating huge amounts of gil and tanking the prices on almost everything by mass gathering/crafting (Which in turn reduces how much money is being removed from the economy via taxing).

Until they fix both of those problems, the economy will forever be a joke, and it's about to get even worse with World Travel in 4.5 allowing both of those problems to spread their influence across an entire data center more easily.

Though even without factoring bots into the equation, things like the Doman Enclave donations and bunny chests in Eureka are still generating a significant amount of gil. I think it would be a start to make taxing on MB purchases mandatory and not something that can be evaded or reduced by buying/selling from certain cities, and if they're really going to allow cross-server MB usage to be a thing, I think they should tax purchases away from your home server even harder.
    (2)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 12-03-2018 at 08:11 PM.