Player
    Character
    Owa Owa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    I want to PVP, I haven't in this game yet. But with all the bad publicity it gets with threads like this and all the talk about bots and win trading, monstrous queues and yada yada yada, I haven't bothered with it yet.

They could likely get more ppl to play it if they made the current players more happy and had better word of mouth.
    Bots and win-trading are rare. Both happen but not really widespread.

There's no getting away from monstrous queues, in 3 hours I got 2 games yesterday and won 1. So I basically spent 3 hours getting 5 rating.

Played 1 game in 3 hours today, 85 min wait for first game and only won because their healer dced and never came back. If you wanna play range forget about it.

(0)
    Last edited by BloodRubyXII; 12-06-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sors Tyche
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    I want to PVP, I haven't in this game yet. But with all the bad publicity it gets with threads like this and all the talk about bots and win trading, monstrous queues and yada yada yada, I haven't bothered with it yet.

They could likely get more ppl to play it if they made the current players more happy and had better word of mouth.

It isn't as hard or competitive as you'd think in solo que if you just learn what the meta is and how to react in certain situations.

Bots don't exist in feast, only FLs

Wintrading is not as rampant as reddit makes it out to be but on chaos it's noticeable 2 times a week if I que 24/7, less so this season (?).

But, GMs do not do a good job of punishing boosters pilots or any RMT activity at all. - across all aspects of the game. It took over 5 seasons for one longterm HW wintrader to get his punishment after many people abused the report system and spam reported
    Again, it was the same for last season, with the exception that this person made it top 10 before he had any action taken against 2 months of reports.
    Btw, The first guy didn't have his rewards stripped and given to another player despite his rampant abuse.

Honestly? No matter the problems surrounding the design of pvp and how anti-competitive it is (server ticks and latency, the mmr system, allowing smurfs) you are right, no matter what map, amount of buttons or design they go with, it won't matter because for whatever reason, under-budget, understaffed, under-caring they're not GMing, a bigger playerbase would probably make this even harder.

And que wise, on Chaos, melee after 6pm is less than ten minutes, as is healer. Range you're looking at anything longer than 20 mins all through the day, maybe longer than 10 on tank
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ezikeo Hanzo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 71
    Please bring back 3.0 skills, I feel so disconnected with my character when swapping back and forth from pve to pvp, its like I'm playing a different game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Runic Raven
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Effeth View Post
    .. all abilites being useable in pvp like prio expansions.
    This abomination with simplifed rotations and skills is such a bore.

Edit: Current system is such a bore, holy shit :/
    There you go Friend.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ld-PvP./page41
    (0)
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᚠᛖᚺᚢ
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᚨᚾ ᚠᚱᚨᚾᛞᛁᛊ : ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᛊᛖᛚᛒᚨᛉ ᛊᚨᛗᛟ
    ᛖᚲᚨ ᚹᚨᛁᛏ ᚨᚾᚨᛁᚾᛟ
    ᚦᚨᛏᚨ ᚾᛖ ᚨᛚᛞᚱᚨᛁᚷᛁᚾ ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ
    ᛞᛟᛗᚨᛉ ᚢᛗᛒᛁ ᛞᚨᚢᛞᚨᚾᛟ ᚺᚹᚨᚱᛃᚨᚾᛟ

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Effeth View Post
    .. all abilites being useable in pvp like prio expansions.
    This abomination with simplifed rotations and skills is such a bore.

Edit: Current system is such a bore, holy shit :/
    How are you going to balance Ninja with all 4.0 instant actions that further enhanced burst from stealth?
    What about the Bard and their new 4.0 instant actions that no longer requires them to stand still?
    How are you going to deal with WAR's tremendous HP pool and their HP absorb?
    Any plan on deal with RDM's instant chainspell with heal and raise?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Runic Raven
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinemights View Post
    How are you going to balance Ninja with all 4.0 instant actions that further enhanced burst from stealth?
    What about the Bard and their new 4.0 instant actions that no longer requires them to stand still?
    How are you going to deal with WAR's tremendous HP pool and their HP absorb?
    Any plan on deal with RDM's instant chainspell with heal and raise?
    Ninja is Squishy and dies in 10 seconds especially in 72's.
    Bard is Squishy and dies in 10 seconds especially if you stun/slow him.
    You never Focus a Tank in PvP unless its the Feast and he has a ton of Medals. Or well yeah.. even Tanks die fast in 72's
    Raising in PvP? You probably never played 3.x PvP. You NEVER raised in pvp because: weakness. I did that once when i just hit maxlevel and tried FF-PvP for the first time. Literaly the whole Team rained doom on me like i murdered someone xD
    (0)
    Last edited by Araxes; 12-29-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᚠᛖᚺᚢ
    ᛖᚲᚨ ᚹᚨᛁᛏ ᚨᚾᚨᛁᚾᛟ
    ᚦᚨᛏᚨ ᚾᛖ ᚨᛚᛞᚱᚨᛁᚷᛁᚾ ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    First of all, if you are a Ninja under 3.0 system and still stuck to the group in 72 men mode, it is either you are new or don’t know how to play Ninja’s full potential. BRD is not MCH, they don’t need to get into close range for stun gun burst. They are the true backroll damage dealer on the frontline. Did I ever play in 2.0 and 3.0? It is only the God knows
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crit Ful
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    FL heroes talking like they know what balance is for all the jobs, whats new
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Runic Raven
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Crit View Post
    FL heroes talking like they know what balance is for all the jobs, whats new
    4.X Feast player thinking hes a God by smashing 5 Buttons.
    (6)
    Last edited by Araxes; 12-30-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ ᚠᛖᚺᚢ
    ᛖᚲᚨ ᚹᚨᛁᛏ ᚨᚾᚨᛁᚾᛟ
    ᚦᚨᛏᚨ ᚾᛖ ᚨᛚᛞᚱᚨᛁᚷᛁᚾ ᛞᚨᚢᛃᛁᚦ

Player
    Character
    Crit Ful
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Theres still a lot more to it than just countdowns and 11111222222 mashing buddy
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast