Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    At the point that the stored items can no longer be reclaimed from the resident caretaker, 80 days have passed from the last time the player entered their house (and presumably logged into the game).

The system is already working close to what you suggest.

I'm not trying to say I'm against a change being made but there will always be some players not satisfied with whatever point SE draws the line for retrieval and will argue it should be increased further.
    Oh yes that is true. I suppose I was incorrect about this because I literally have never had to deal with-auto demo with my plot or the fc plot, so I just ended up forgetting.

Well not a world of difference between 80 and 90, but it does make me think that this amount of time does not match up well with a monthly sub. So maybe the extra 10 days would be more convenient.

Of course ideally we could never lose our items. Maybe SE could instead introduce a system in which the timer for how long you have to collect your items begins when you resub. That way it cannot be (ab)used as infinite storage on an active account, and it also would mean players could get their stuff back no matter how long they are gone for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yui Savage
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rymm View Post
    You'd be hard-pressed to find any reasonable person who would argue in favor of the current time limit on holding on to furniture. Even people like me, who are in favor of the auto-demo, dislike the short hold timer. The only conclusion I can draw is that SE wants to remove the gil of your 80% refund from circulation. If that's the case, then I would be more than fine on keeping the refund time to 30 days as long as they hold the furnishing items indefinitely.
    I would find this an acceptable compromise. Keep the 80% gil on the Caretaker for the 35 days, keep the furniture forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Probably because someone who's going to take a break can transfer their housing items to those same retainers capable of holding items indefinitely.

They can also transfer up to 200 of those items (excluding outdoor fixtures/furnishings) to an apartment for indefinite storage since apartments don't demo.

People have options if they know they will be taking a long break from the game. SE can't help it if they choose not to use them.
    Some people don't know that they will be forced to take an extended break from the game, so they can't use the "options" in place. Also, most of my retainers are pretty full already, and I'm pretty close to the 100/100 on my apt, so even if I knew I was going to take an extended break, moving things to retainers or my apartment would not be a viable option for me.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2