Player
    Character
    Nellana Rahl
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

Constant Error 90002

For the last 3 days I have been getting constantly disconnected with an error code 90002. Nothing has changed on my computer. But I still keep getting them. I've had a week or so with perfect gameplay and no issues till 3 days ago. Now I can barely stay on for minutes or seconds, before getting dropped from the game.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Can I get some addition information regarding the issue you’re having?

Please provide:

- Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)
    - Type of connection (wired or wireless)
    - Other programs running while the game is playing (if any)
    - Any patterns that you notice about the disconnection (only happens in certain areas or while doing certain actions, etc.)
    - Everything you have tried to resolve the issue

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiouki Silverpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I do get constantly kicked from the servers (used to be goblin, now Saragantas) with the 90002 error. This goes back to the server relocation back in spring 2017. After months of frustration i canceled my sub and i came back ~3 weeks ago just to find myself in the exact same position. Random disconnect with 90002 without a warning or a lag before it happens. It is so damn annoying, i thought this would have been fixed by now

I know the problem is not on my end. But since you asked for more informations here are mine:

Platform: PC
    Connection type: wired
    Other programs running while playing: Firefox, Thunderbird, Discord
    Any patterns: No, it happens randomly in random areas. It seems to happen more often while in a duty (dungeon)
    What i have tried to resolve the issue: Tried different VPN's, tried different computers. Nothing helps.
    (0)

Good morning Kyouki, and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Please try the following trouble shooting options:

- The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

-Make sure your fire wall or antivirus program is not interfering with the game

Hope to see you online!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aerie Belle
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynratygus View Post

- The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

-Make sure your fire wall or antivirus program is not interfering with the game
    I did all of this and more, including portforwarding and many other suggestions. It did not fix my very similiar issue. Try installing WTFast and running it with the game. Fixed my 90002 error and reduced my ping to server. Might work for you as well.
    (0)

Hello martyn902.

If using WTFast helped with your connection, you were probably running into a routing or congestion problem. Most of the suggestions we provide are to stabilize your home network. I'd recommend trying those first before trying to reroute your connection.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiouki Silverpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    After a few days of testing i can tell you, that all your suggestions did not fix the problem. This morning i was kicked from the server with 90002 5 times in less than 2 hours. WTFast is not an option for me. I already pay more than 20€ a month for my sub, i do not wanna add 10€ more. Plus: I did use WTFast when the servers moved to california and it did not work out for me, since i ALWAYS end up in the ntt network, which had up to 30% packet loss for me at that time. Recently i noticed constant packet loss in that network too, just less %,

This is really frustrating. I cannot do any content without the fear of being kicked by the server or by the party cause i do get kicked over and over again. And it really saddens me to see, that after more than one and a half year nothing has changed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiouki Silverpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Make that 6 x 90002!

No wait 7x!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by Kyouki; 12-09-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vegard Bystrom
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Also experiencing 90001/90002 issues, predominately during cut-scenes.

Wired internet, with no other networking issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiouki Silverpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I gave up playing after 10x 90002 yesterday :'(
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast