Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    "Stance" implies some sort of downside, so I'd like them to change that. Perhaps make it +10% damage but increase MP cost or something.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dem Bones
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollyy5 View Post
    And personally, I always saw Cleric Stance as pointless busywork, having to press a button to get into and out of "DPS mode" doesn't suddenly make playing a healer interesting.
    Man, I don't like to put in any effort either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arakan Ishgore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I was actually thinking of something similar which can also be used as a nod to past FFs:

Zombie: inflicts a debuff on one target that allows healers to damage using their healing spells and abilities. Shields have no effect on the target. Benediction has no effect.

This would be a powerful, but limited, way to increase healer DPS drastically (since healing tends to have higher potency than damage spells), while also not messing with the rotation of anyone else. Healers would have a reason to spam their Physick, Benefic, or Cure again (OMG!). But WHMs would definitely benefit more than the others:

SCH: Adlo is expensive and the shield doesn't do anything. They can spam Lustrate, but then they wouldn't be using Energy Drain. They would benefit from free damage with Indom, though. Maybe the fairy can Embrace for some free damage?

AST: Can use Benefic or Benefic II, but with a 2.5 sec cast time they'd lose their mobility and weaving abilities if used alone, and Benefic II spam is expensive unless they use Lightspeed. They would benefit from free damage with Earthly Star, though.

WHM: Can use Cure, and with Freecure they'd get an occasional free 700 potency nuke, or spam Cure II with Thin Air. Regen would be an efficient, more powerful version of Aero. Assize would become 600 potency of damage. Under the current system, this would also generate Lillies...I guess.

This would probably have to be on a very long cooldown, though. What do you guys think?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I suppose something they could do, is to improve the interactivity of healers during healing downtime. Either by making DPS more than just Stone/Ruin/Malefic spam or by providing skills that apply buffs/debuffs (Though that may end up with the "Meta" being to keep 100% uptime of said buffs/debuffs even during healing)

Then they could make Cleric Stance, the same long CD short duration buff, but enhance it with more damage output AND a conversion of damage done to healing to allies. Meaning that you don't need to worry about needing to stop DPSing to heal for the duration (Or other such things like old Cleric Stance meaning you give up healing temporarily)

Thus, the healer playstyle would have this CD to play around, finding the opportune times to let loose and blast away, while the rest of the time, they heal like normal and just have a more engaging DPS rotation when there's not much to heal.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I think more damage while healing should come into effect. I just hope they dont get lazy and give WHM Stone 5 in 5.0 or SCH Broil 3
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4