Player
    Character
    Kira Kagamine
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52

Advice on making friends in game?

So first, please do not recommend finding a new FC. I have been in a tiny one for years and I love the people in it.

I am level 70 and have had the game for a while, but I don’t really have friends to talk to or do stuff with in the game....I have joined a linkshell before for roleplayers, but it was so many people and many had know eachother for so long I felt sort of left out.

I have wanted to make friends in the game that I can do random stuff with, talk to, mess around, talk on discord, etc. I am in an FC with 25ish nice people, but normally we are just doing our own thing and they never use any voice chat. I really just want like 3-6 friends in game.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice. I am not shy with talking to people, but I never will go up to a random person and start talking to them, unless they initiate it.

I am also in Famrit, just in case that makes a difference because servers can be different.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Use that linkshell and inject yourself into the conversations whenever you can.
    Don't expect people to strike up a conversation with a silent player.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Alternatively, if that established RP shell is to clicky or intimidating then look for a new shell. Youre allowed to join 8, so find another one or two. I would imagine every server has a few shells that track hunts, a few that organize treasure map runs, a few just for people to run random content, a few for crafters to chat, and more then a few that are primarily social(whether RP or generic). Put up a PF with the type of shell you wanna join, and i bet you get an invite or two. Then just participate in whats going on, and youll have some friends in no time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mamoru Ichirai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    Hi there - sometimes I feel the same - I enjoy my solo play - I am in a small FC with people I played with when I was playing XI - but yeah sometimes I feel like I want some new friends to do stuff in game with but then I’m like nah... one reason being is time zones...another is I like playing this game at my own pace and not grinding the same dungeon all day... but I think for you maybe you are looking for a static? Which you can definitely find in the forums or maybe do shouts in-game and eventually you might get that the 3-6 close friends who want the same thing you want! GL
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crimson Law
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Joining and interacting in different Linkshells is definitely one good way of making new friends. Honestly, just trying out different stuff in the game can lead to meeting a lot of people, which is pretty much what Frizze was trying to say I believe. For example, last year I was new and started getting into raiding, and sought out a static with like-minded people and put up posts here in the forums and in other places too. Before long I got to try out for a group and ended up making some great friends and joined a great FC. Our group was involved in a couple Linkshells with other players from FCs that worked together with ours, which allowed me to meet even more people, who in turn got me into doing occasional map runs and making new friends, who in turn allowed me to join their Linkshell. Some of these new friends were hunters, who helped me get into that, which led me into yet another new group of friends. Basically, find something you're interested in, meet new people by participating in that content, and keep an open mind for different kinds of content too. Also, you could also ask some of your FC mates if they know of any groups that may be involved with activities you'd be interested in. More than likely at least one or two of them could point you in the right direction. It involves a bit of putting yourself out there, which can be daunting for a lot of people (myself included), but once you take the initial dive things seem to get a lot easier. Best of luck!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kris Luna
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Lmao exact same situation here. Too bad you're not on Gilgamesh. =[
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alkaizer Valkorian
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    well for advice on meeting people is like real life, put yourself out there. If you don't try to meet someone new you can't expect them to reach out to you. In that linkshell or others if you don't make the attempt and stay quiet they may assume you arent wanting to join the conversation or that you aren't wanting to chat. insert comments or ask questions. feel free to even ask people to do something with you.

Another way i have actually made good friends in game honestly has been HoH. We met in random groups, enjoyed the run together, i sent a friend request, we grouped and kept hanging out afterwards and other days would meet up to do stuff. If you send a friend request, anytime you get on and see they are, just say "hey, how's it going?" and start with simple conversations. overtime it may fizzle out, or it may build into a good friendship.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Fantasia to lala and sit in random people's laps.
    (0)

Player

"How to make friends" alchemy does not exists.

Just be yourself, frequent different places, and you will found like-minded people to stay with.
    (0)