Player
    Character
    Miqi Gs
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

Blue mage and why I like the idea

Disclaimer: I don't have the same passion around blue mages as others might have

So when it comes down to it, dps classes is just a matter of potency and how you deliver them. it would feel uderwhelming to use Primal abilities and have them hit the same as a Flare and it would be as underwhelming to be using 100 Needles instead of a 10000 needles to have the animation / skill match the potency delivery.
    I see this as the only actual method for a blue mage to be a part of ff14 and stay true to its nature.
    I'm actually really looking forward to it. I consider it to be like "Brawl" in world of warcraft. solo pve arena content to test your boundaries and limits. although the encounters might be solo, the bragging rights of having completed certain levels within the arena would be the same as having the achievement of soloing palace of the dead to floor 200. there's still the social mmo aspect of having the same character being able to test yourself in a solo environment and later the same evening attend a raid as one of your many other classes and discuss your encounters in the blue mage arena and how you beat them with what ability setups.
    I think this approach to "classes that in the ff universe would seem overpowered in a mmo setting", really allowes us to experience all or most of the ff that we know and love.
    Even more so and this is just a wet fantasy for me. imagine the same arena setting, but you get to play historic characters from the ff universe in temporary cycling events "Play as Cloud with his unique abilities and fight infamous monsters from ff7 during the celebrating of ff7 anniversary.

This is just my 5 cent on the topic and this system really has the ability to branch out and become so much more if we as community embrace and welcome it properly

-- And I can completely understand the idea of Class identity between the gamer and the character --
    However for players like me who don't see a Dragoon in the raid performing the magical dragonic arts or a red mage balancing the dark and light energies. but who only see DPS, Tanks, Healers, buffs, debuffs, applications. encounters. successrate etc.
    having a system where we can test awesome primal animations or signature abilities that applies various factors to an encounter WITHOUT shifting the balance of actual progression content just seems like a great idea

Honestly, Bring in beast tamer, let us get special S-rank hunts of unique beasts that can be tamed and let us put our skills to test as tamers in a solo arena or even, in a pvp "pokemon" style setting. beast tamer 3 pets vs 3 pets, apply element weakness, slashing, piercing etc.

Let us become Singers (ffx-2) collect song manuscripts from dungeons and through guitar hero style mechanics, compete in the gold saucer vs each other for completion rates. (ok maybe I've gone too far with this gone)

But in a day and age where most companies just copy each other to guarantee certain level of succesrates. allow some creativity to sprout.

Quote Originally Posted by miqi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by diruulth View Post
    OR they could eventually add core abilities to make the job raidable. Honestly don't understand why you made this thread, you're already getting what you want, so why not give both sides of the community what they want?
    Because while I can understand why people who've played FFXI and are pasionate about wanting the somewhat same experience in ffXIV, we currently live in a day and age where it's extremely mainstream to hate on things that others are hating on.
    Some hate or frustration is justified while some hate is ignorance.

While justified hate and frustration can be taken into debate through criticism and constructive feedback based on various experiences and potentially enhance the game.
    While hate through ignorance from an extremely vocal minority can lead to otherwise great mechanics or gameplay experience to be lost or even pontential future mechanics or gameplay experiences based on the previous mentioned to never happen.

So I take my liberty to speak out loud why I believe it's a good thing to have these kind of mechanics, and I choose to do so on a general discussion forum that's currently filled with a lot of negative posts on this specific topic in hope of perhaps enligthen those who complain just to complain

In short, I'm sorry it was labeled "BLUE MAGE" and not a brand new class that people wouldn't have an association with because perhaps that way it would be recieved with a more positive approach.

In the same way that Diablo immortal couldve been a good / neutral thing if a certain company would already have an established modern game in the same franchise or perhaps a new annoucement to go with it.
    (33)
    Last edited by miqi; 11-24-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jayde Ravynwing
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I also support their decision on how to implement BLU without ruining the balance of the game. Yokozawa-san and Yoshi-P, I think that you have made a good decision regarding the best way to bring Blue Mage to FFXIV, and I fully support it.

The only thing I was a bit disappointed about with BLU was the Masked Carnival. I was expecting something more like Palace of the Dead where it's an instanced dungeon with landscapes and various mobs roaming around that you can battle and gain abilities from. I wasn't expecting a PvP-type arena. I was hoping for something with lots of purple and green hues, haha. -shrugs- Oh well.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Sqooq Moys
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    OR they could eventually add core abilities to make the job raidable. Honestly don't understand why you made this thread, you're already getting what you want, so why not give both sides of the community what they want?
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Miqi Gs
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Because while I can understand why people who've played FFXI and are pasionate about wanting the somewhat same experience in ffXIV, we currently live in a day and age where it's extremely mainstream to hate on things that others are hating on.
    Some hate or frustration is justified some some hate is ignorance.

While justified hate and frustration can be taken into debate through criticism and constructive feedback based on various experiences and potentially enhance the game.
    While hate through ignorance from an extremely vocal minority can lead to otherwise great mechanics or gameplay experience to be lost or even pontential future mechanics or gameplay experiences based on the previous mentioned to never happen.

So I take my liberty to speak out loud why I believe it's a good thing to have these kind of mechanics, and I choose to do so on a general discussion forum that's currently filled with a lot of negative posts on this specific topic in hope of perhaps enligthen those who complain just to complain

In short, I'm sorry it was labeled "BLUE MAGE" and not a brand new class that people wouldn't have an association with because perhaps that way it would be recieved with a more positive approach.

In the same way that Diablo immortal couldve been a good / neutral thing if a certain company would already have an established modern game in the same franchise or perhaps a new annoucement to go with it.
    (11)
    Last edited by miqi; 11-23-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I want BLU for raids too, but someone giving positive feedback regarding this job is just as valid as someone being critical of their decision.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Jkap Goat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80
    Im just happy they kept BLU true to it's roots and not stuck in a Trinity system and I'm very happy to actually be going out and learning all these monsters spells and being a tank - healer hybrid or Anything I actually want!

blue mage doesn't fit in the Trinity system, and I'm happy it's not. I can't wait to see more of these limited jobs and very excited to play blue
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I support it as well, mostly because for once we are being allowed to TEST something. We can give valuable feedback while experiencing a job being built! (Instead of giving impractical, data-less and subjective feedback before the feature is even in game? ^^;;; )

Even if something isn't implemented quite to my liking, I can still appreciate one thing. The Devs are actually trying to give us what we want.

We wanted more jobs, something horizontal to progress with, less focus on raid that only a small amount of people even play, Veira... well here they come in the form of BLU and the yet to be seen new race.
    Heck, they tried giving us that XI feeling and ''sense of danger'' the forums cried out for with Eureka (They can't win it seems)
    (12)
    Last edited by Niqote; 11-23-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Koala Shibito
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    For the same reason people make threads to voice their complaints. Voicing your support of a design decision is just as necessary/important as voicing complaints.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Rin Black
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I'm looking forward to Blue Mage. I don't have any expectations from previous games and I like how most jobs play already in FFXIV. I can see how long-time fans of the franchise would be upset that it isn't more like Blue Mage from another game, but it does seem like Blue Mage provides something different in each game it features in. I'd say all the classes do this.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kip Skyskip
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkap_Goat View Post
    Im just happy they kept BLU true to it's roots and not stuck in a Trinity system and I'm very happy to actually be going out and learning all these monsters spells and being a tank - healer hybrid or Anything I actually want!

blue mage doesn't fit in the Trinity system, and I'm happy it's not. I can't wait to see more of these limited jobs and very excited to play blue
    Right, it's just stuck in total irrelevance instead.
    (14)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast