Player
    Character
    Tsidas Abarai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vnolan View Post
    Spawning an S rank doesn't entitle you to the hunt and is only done to increase the chances of a spawn while you're online. "Early pulling" with the intent to grief is reportable. Spawning and killing hunts without telling anyone ("sniping") is perfectly fine, regardless of the reasons.
    No.
    If I intentionally put the effort in to spawn an S-Rank then that is MINE to kill. But clearly people like you just hang around waiting to leech off of my efforts and that of others and jump straight in with your level 400 gear and wipe the damn thing in 20 seconds. That IS a problem that is actually happening right now.
    And there is NO reason any Hunt report is going to be taken on board by these worthless GMs. Even IF you could provide proof that a group of players were deliberately trying to prevent people from getting Cracked Clusters or Seals as Darian suggested as an actual example, it isn't going to be chased. Hell, SE don't even take RMT or world-clipping Bots seriously.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tsidas Abarai
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    I don’t see a problem with the current system.
    If you want it before these strangers get it, go spawn it.
    Bit hard to do when the worst offenders of hogging the S-Ranks have their focus solely on that and nothing else and are in each area the second the spawn windows are open again.
    Even IF you are the one that actually triggers the spawn, they are already all over the S-Rank and have killed it before you even know where it actually spawned.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Fortunately, we have a pretty healthy hunt community here atm. Occasionally we get that 1 player, or small group, that doesn't seem to like being team players and sharing but they usually either get with the program or find they are pretty much alone. If I pop an S rank, I always share calls with my other shells, same way with the A rank train. in this way, our community will be able to thrive and all of us benefit.
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsidas View Post
    No.
    If I intentionally put the effort in to spawn an S-Rank then that is MINE to kill. But clearly people like you just hang around waiting to leech off of my efforts and that of others and jump straight in with your level 400 gear and wipe the damn thing in 20 seconds. That IS a problem that is actually happening right now.
    And there is NO reason any Hunt report is going to be taken on board by these worthless GMs. Even IF you could provide proof that a group of players were deliberately trying to prevent people from getting Cracked Clusters or Seals as Darian suggested as an actual example, it isn't going to be chased. Hell, SE don't even take RMT or world-clipping Bots seriously.
    At any given time there can be X-number of players trying to spawn the same S rank as yourself so stating that YOU spawned it and it is yours is a moot point. On our server most of us share callouts to be a team player but it's not required.
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Bashe Dekker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I suggest a function that shows more details on "Slay # Unique X Rank" Achievements, if people knew what S Ranks are missing and what they've already slain, I think they'd feel a lot less grief on missing out on an S Rank if they know they've taken it out already. But that only assumes they only care about those specific achievements and not the ones that require you to slay a lot of S Ranks.

As for hunts as a whole themselves, I have personally decided that they are so broken that they simply aren't worth doing at all, I've decided to pretend hunts and their achievements don't exist at all, I've left all of my hunting linkshells and since then my gameplay experience and mental state has greatly improved instead of dealing with the grief, frustration and anger. It's not a good solution, but it's the only one until the entire system is overhauled.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bashe; 04-19-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Damien Dread
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    My solution would be whoever spawns the hunt (and their party) gets exclusive right to pull for, say, 10 minutes. Once it's pulled, it's a free for all. For hunts that don't require a player to spawn it, just give it a flat 10 minute timer after it spawns before it can be pulled. If you're late, too bad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I think they should either make them hidden FATEs like Odin or rather then having the S rank spawn immediately after its conditions are met, instead just have footprints show up at the spot where it's due to appear (Similar to the old Diadem NMs), then make it actually show up a few minutes later.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Minimi Lilimi
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 60
    With the new cross-realm thing hunting S-ranks is even more toxic than before, it's not unusual for S ranks to get killed before they are announced in the local linkshells and "reporting early" seem to even be looked down upon.

Wish there was some sort of automatic announcement in the area when one spawns and maybe a 5 minute timer before it was killable, you shouldn't have to rely on cheating tools (XIV hunt) and/or external discord channels to reliably do hunts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    SE created this mess by requiring 5k kills between As and Ss to get a mount. I don't know of any other raid or activity in game with that ridiculous requirement. Can you imagine 5 k dungeon raids or 5k gold saucer events just to get a special mount??? Add to that the fact that if you'd have to wait for many hours until a dungeon or any saucer event spawns to get a shot. I have been at this for over a year now and and no where near the S rank requirement. World visits are adding even more problems to the mix.
    (0)
    Last edited by Besame; 04-29-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3