Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Mithron Scarlet
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

DRKs: Do you want Scourge back?

Personally I loved Scourge. It was one of the most satisfying animations in the game, and I loved how well it fit perfectly in the rotations. I really miss it.

Since they're in development right now for DRK, now is the time to leave the feedback if you want it back. I think having it grant 1 blood per tick would be great.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    The animation (and sound) was awesome, but I am really glad that they removed it. In HW basically every job had to keep one or more DoTs running. The removal opened the way for more job diversity.

Also I have to disagree that the skill fitted perfectly into the rotation. A perfect fit would have been Scourge > Delirium combo > Souleater combo > Souleater combo repeat. This way neither Scourge nor Delirium would run out while you filled the time with Souleaters selfheal (in tank stance). But the Scourge and Delirium timer were not long enough to fit 3 combos into it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gulvioir Muruc
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Timer adjustment aside, a non dark arts 1 GCD apply dot would give 2 GCD's without a dark arts once every 30 seconds. Which would be great since most of our double weaving happens in 30 second intervals. (carve, plunge, dark passenger, and sole survivor would all line up with this in an opener).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I want the animation back.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    The main problem with the non-combo dots in HW was that people generally either forgot to keep them up, or didn't understand the optimum timing to reapply them. The latter point was especially true because Scourge could only be applied between combos, and your combo length varied depending on whether BW was up or not. Scourge uptime was generally poor, on average.

The best idea that I've seen for reintroducing Scourge is as a lifesteal over time oGCD. I think if gunblade users end up being the next tank, SE needs to really double down on the lifesteal theme with DRK. It's going to be pretty tough to make three sword users play differently in the same role.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Drakkaelus Grimkaiser
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I want it back. The animation was awesome and, for whatever reason, I always like slapping a bunch of DoTs on my targets in RPGs.

But mostly, I just miss the animation and sound effect. Replace Hard/Spinning Slash's animation with it or something, I don't care. Just give me the animation at least.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I don't think skillgap, bloat, or "there are already DoTs" were remotely sufficient reasons to remove it. Skillgap wasn't reduced with its removal. Bloat was badly worsened with Stormblood. And Scourge was already fairly unique among DoTs, as the literal strongest in the game, dealing more potency (baseline) than Fell Cleave and perfect for low-target AoE.

But, now that it's gone, I'm not sure there's sufficient reason to bring Scourge back. If nothing better can be created in 5.0, it would be sensible to return in a modified version, perhaps as a Blood spender and perhaps leaving an augmentative debuff (giving stacking lifesteal, manasteal, or Blood generation against the targets), or some other effect that would give Scourge a purpose more than just sheer potency.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raul Prower
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    I'd rather have Scourge animation replace that of Souleater, pretty much every other skill makes it feel like your weapon has some serious heft to it, but then Souleater just kind of has you jumping in the air with the grace of a gazelle and to me it just... doesn't look quite right. I just wish the Souleater animation was more in line with the other attacks.
    (2)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I keep seeing people saying that the removal of scourge allowed for more interesting combos, but i cant see that as being the case, we havent actually gained anything extra, just lost the dot.

Whether we have scourge or mot, i think we need a more interesting emnity combo. The current one doesnt provide anything and is utterly pointless unless you're having trouble keeping hate, which you shouldn't.
    WAR has a slashing debuff on theirs, we should get something similar, whether its a buff, debuff, a dot, a lifesteal mechanic dot-hot combo, just something to make it worthwhile openning with an emnity combo.
    (0)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    WAR has a slashing debuff on theirs, we should get something similar, whether its a buff, debuff, a dot, a lifesteal mechanic dot-hot combo, just something to make it worthwhile openning with an emnity combo.
    Butcher's Block doesn't have a slashing debuff, and neither does Skull Sunder. Maim does, and then Storm's Eye gives a damage buff, but that's not an enmity combo.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast