Player
    Character
    M'naago Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Enla View Post
    Thing is they've made it no secret that most of the game's funds go directly towards funding other projects by Square Enix. If I remember correctly the only 'pot' SE doesn't touch from FFXIV is the Mog Station sales. Everything you buy there allegedly goes back into the game, and it's the only service they've confirmed that with.

Also, you guys do realize most companies have to submit financial reports right? Edgar has a few filings for SE, and Edinet has their 2018 financial filings up currently, though it's all in Japanese. (Edinet might make your browser freak out just as a heads up. There are filings on Kaijinet as well, which is a bit more secure.) I'm not sure if anyone actually wants to dig through all of it but to say people can't find out about SE's expenses isn't true. At a certain size most companies are expected to submit financial reports to various government bodies. Only thing I'm shaky on, as I need to parse through the data myself, is how much the Japanese government requires they file. I've only dealt hands on with American financial statements.

Edit: They also have their earnings releases up on their official site that goes back further.
    You are never ever gonna see a company put out their detailed financial reports to the public. My point still stands, the OP has no idea how much money SE actually makes/spends on this game and we'll never know. For the record, there can be a massive difference between 1% and 5% in these kind of projects, hence why the Op has no idea what they are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    I bet you are happy, how much are you going to charge people for your houses once people want to mass exodus to Gilgamesh? I am so happy you think everyone should pay 35 +dollars a month for a video game (how much do you pay for 3 accounts? and you keep telling people they should have at least 2 because the game is that flawed?)
    1.5b for the whole ward, nothing new. Regarding the restrictions on characters sharing the same server, yes it makes no sense to have more than 1 geared character on the same account unless you can't afford another 15$

But hey, if you can't figure out how much money I spend on this game per month, I'm not surprised by the ridiculous percentages you came up in your first post.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 74
    So you did not answer my point other then reinforcing the idea that it is up to the players to fix the flaws by paying 30+ a month on 2 accounts, good one, least you admitted there is flaws of the game, something you are pretending that does not exist.

Also no, I do not know how much you pay other then being 45+ a month, idk how many retainers you own, or how much you shop at the mog station.... and/or the app
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Easy for you to say because you get to stay on Aether, crystal is pretty much DoA and a lot of people, i am sure are going to be moving back to Aether making this whole thing pointless and making a dead data center. So it is either keep some friends, move to aether to be able progress, or keep my house with some friends and able not to do anything due dead PF/DF. "some inconvenience " is an understatement, we are not given enough for losing our houses and friends. They are not even giving us enough time to plan, SE made no statements how to further deal with the housing issues because of this. This is not fair at all.

They are not doing what I am asking them to do, they are only doing this because they do not want to pay to upgrade servers (increase/get current server tech/modernize) they are doing this because they do not want to find fixing the problem that causes all these problems, the netcode. They rushed 2.0 out so they have a bad mess for coding and it keeps making the player base suffer.
    So because I'm on Jenova I don't have any friends that are being moved to Crystal? I'm not having to chose between my house here and playing with them there? This decision only affects those being moved to Crystal? Which world you're on doesn't matter, this affects everyone.

The move isn't happening today or tomorrow or next week. It's not going to happen until 4.5 at the earliest which gives you roughly 6 weeks to prepare? If thats not enough time for you to plan for what you want to do then you won't have enough time to plan with any amount of time. They've given you all the info you need to make a decision, nor is there a need for more information for how to handle housing. You already know exactly what they'll give you if you move, you already know exactly how to transfer and you already know exactly how housing is handled when you transfer and you already know that SE isn't going to suddenly offer more gil because you asked them to.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'naago Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    So you did not answer my point other then reinforcing the idea that it is up to the players to fix the flaws by paying 30+ a month on 2 accounts, good one, least you admitted there is flaws of the game, something you are pretending that does not exist.

Also no, I do not know how much you pay other then being 45+ a month, idk how many retainers you own, or how much you shop at the mog station.... and/or the app
    Pull the posts where I'm pretending everything's fine. Doubt you'll do it, not that they even exist, since I already answered why its a lot more beneficial to have two service accounts with one character on each vs having a single service account with two characters on it. If you cannot take a guess at how much I spend on this game, you clearly cannot tell how much SE makes off this game

Case in point.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2