Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Haven't had much time to play recently.

Platform: PS4
    Connection: WIFI
    Other programs: none
    Frequency: as soon as I log in

On suggestion of a friend I tried using my phone as a hotspot and the game actually let me play/didn't disconnect me, I teleported to my house with no problems. I switched back to my normal WIFI and it was working for simple stuff (running around Limsa, retainers). When I teleported to the Doman Enclave however it disconnected me again and was doing what it had been doing before (last time it did this I had teleported to the Doman Enclave too). I haven't been able to try running a dungeon or going to any of the Yanxia areas to see what happens there yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valette Venture
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Platform: ps 4
    Connection:wired
    Other programs: none
    Frequency of dcs : it's about every hour, sometimes less or more , it's very random but this happens since last update on patch
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valette Venture
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    If I reinstall the game I wonder if will that help ...
    (0)

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

I apologize for the delay in response to this issue. If anyone is still experiencing the disconnection, please try the following:

- Check to see if the following port ranges are opened on your router. You can contact your ISP and request they open them for you:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

-Perform a clean boot by opening the task manager and select the 'Start up' Tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. For Windows
    -Change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1.

Hope you see you online!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhael Amariyo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    All of these support replies have been tried before (as per my original post). Same behavior, no warning, just a fast disconnect error. Can you address the very specific traceroute question from the original post? Running a traceroute today sees the same issue once my packets reach the SE server farm in NTT.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brielle Artemus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynratygus View Post
    Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

I apologize for the delay in response to this issue. If anyone is still experiencing the disconnection, please try the following:

- Check to see if the following port ranges are opened on your router. You can contact your ISP and request they open them for you:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

-Perform a clean boot by opening the task manager and select the 'Start up' Tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. For Windows
    -Change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1.

Hope you see you online!
    None of the solutions you've posted work. I've tried them, and a quick Google search reveals that these responses are given each time someone reports a disconnect issue. I'm assuming this is a cut and paste at this point.

This is a recent problem, by the way. FFXIV has worked fine for years but over the last couple months, I'm suddenly getting the 9002 disconnect, and the game is now unplayable. I would also add that all the other games on my PC work fine. Including other MMOs.

Only FFXIV has this issue.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lium View Post
    None of the solutions you've posted work. I've tried them, and a quick Google search reveals that these responses are given each time someone reports a disconnect issue. I'm assuming this is a cut and paste at this point.

This is a recent problem, by the way. FFXIV has worked fine for years but over the last couple months, I'm suddenly getting the 9002 disconnect, and the game is now unplayable. I would also add that all the other games on my PC work fine. Including other MMOs.

Only FFXIV has this issue.
    We offer these suggestions to improve the stability of your home network, since this is the only area that you have direct control over. As such, we do suggest this frequently as you have described. It's important to note that these are not guaranteed solutions, but suggestions for things that might be causing your disconnections. If you have tried all of these suggestions and still have the issue, then it is likely that you are experiencing congestion somewhere between you and the server. Since you are not using this exact same route to play other games, it makes sense that you could have no issues with those, but struggle with Final Fantasy XIV.

Quote Originally Posted by lundjames View Post
    All of these support replies have been tried before (as per my original post). Same behavior, no warning, just a fast disconnect error. Can you address the very specific traceroute question from the original post? Running a traceroute today sees the same issue once my packets reach the SE server farm in NTT.
    I apologize, you did mention this in your first post. As stated above, you are likely running into congestion between you and the server. The trace route will show us how long it takes to get a ping request back (or which ones don't respond at all, as in your first post). However, it doesn't tell us where the issues stems from as it can be anywhere between you and that node. Since you have tried all of the other troubleshooting, it's reasonable to say that the congestion is somewhere between your home network and those nodes you isolated in your trace route.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vegard Bystrom
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    +1, same issue with congestion/unrelaibility on NTT network hops.

Support personal: Is SquareEnix able to diagnose and resolve congestion to their servers? It appears this is occuring in the ISP that Final Fantasy 14 data-centers are running on (NTT).
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2