Player
    Character
    Ayin'a Quist
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Art Contest

I am interested in entering the art contest and I would like to know if there is any restriction on the artwork being published online elsewhere before the contest.

For example, would an entry be allowed if:

a) it was created previously for a different purpose, but still fits the contest theme?
    b) it was created for the contest specifically but posted on social media before the event?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Coulvre View Post
    I am interested in entering the art contest and I would like to know if there is any restriction on the artwork being published online elsewhere before the contest.

For example, would an entry be allowed if:

a) it was created previously for a different purpose, but still fits the contest theme?
    b) it was created for the contest specifically but posted on social media before the event?
    Hi Coulvre,

In regards to your questions:

a) This would be permissible. The main restrictions that you'll find in the rules are that 1) you can not have participated or won in any Square Enix-sponsored contest or competition in the month preceding the start of the Fan Art contest, and 2) that the art fits the theme. With a substantial amount of submissions, items specifically created for a contest tend to be more specific and therefore more likely to impress.

b) Posting on social media is perfectly fine, but do keep in mind that we check for plagiarized works. So you'll want to make absolutely sure that the image is attributed to you - if we'd for instance find the work associated with a twitter account of a completely different name and no link to your entry, we would have to assume that someone else's art has been wrongfully submitted.

I hope that answers your questions!
    (2)
    Hergen "Kahuna" Thaens - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Flame
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I'm looking to submit a physical Item for the art contest. Its ready to be sent, however, I'm struggling on how I enter the competition.

Under 'How to enter' It says to submit the physical art by sending it to the address. Its then followed by 'As part of their Entry, Contestants must ensure that the following information is included in the body of their email:'

I can't find the email address that its referring to. The digital site doesn't show an email address associated to it either. I'm assuming contestants would add it all into the additional info section for their entries.

I hope someone can help.

I was going to add my entry information to the box the item is being sent in. Would this be sufficient enough? Or is there an email address I need to use to submit my entry information? If so, what is it? Its very confusing. I don't want to miss out on this opportunity to enter if I've not completed something.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nibu Chuni
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I am also a bit confused about the rules but for a digital work. It says the work should be submitted on the website, but on the website there is no room for the info that needs to be provided. It asks for other information instead. And there is indeed no email there to send the info to? Does the upload page have a second page to submit information such as age and land of origin if I continue the submission? I am afraid that I will make a mistake and my work will be disqualified >.<
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoen1x View Post
    I was going to add my entry information to the box the item is being sent in. Would this be sufficient enough? Or is there an email address I need to use to submit my entry information? If so, what is it? Its very confusing. I don't want to miss out on this opportunity to enter if I've not completed something.
    Hi there!

You can add your entry information to the box of the item you're sending it with. The rules state that as a part of their entry, contestants must ensure that the following info is included with the entry. And as the entry is a physical item you're sending to us, you can include the information there.

I hope this helped!
    (2)
    Daniela "lakukisu" Wnuk - EU Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by NibuChuni View Post
    I am also a bit confused about the rules but for a digital work. It says the work should be submitted on the website, but on the website there is no room for the info that needs to be provided. It asks for other information instead. And there is indeed no email there to send the info to? Does the upload page have a second page to submit information such as age and land of origin if I continue the submission? I am afraid that I will make a mistake and my work will be disqualified >.<
    Heya!

The upload page doesn't have a second page. So, any bits of information you need to add that doesn't have its own cell on the website (such as your age and country of residence), you can add them to the field called "info about the artwork".

I hope this clarified things for you!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Phoenix Flame
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by lakukisu View Post
    Hi there!

You can add your entry information to the box of the item you're sending it with. The rules state that as a part of their entry, contestants must ensure that the following info is included with the entry. And as the entry is a physical item you're sending to us, you can include the information there.

I hope this helped!
    Wonderful! Thank you so much!

It might be worth having the rules amended as it does specifically say the entry information is to be put into an email. x
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nibu Chuni
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    thanks a lot for clarifying this!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tah'ri Lau
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    If I submit a watercolour illustration by post, do I need to have it framed? And is there a size limit? The piece I have planned is 12x16 inches (approx 30x40 cm), but I can adjust it to be smaller if necessary.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tahri View Post
    If I submit a watercolour illustration by post, do I need to have it framed? And is there a size limit? The piece I have planned is 12x16 inches (approx 30x40 cm), but I can adjust it to be smaller if necessary.
    Hi Tahri!

It doesn't need to be framed and approx 30x40cm is an OK size! So, no worries there!
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast