Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Map Rotation System for Rival Wings?

With 4.5, we will be getting a new RW map. Does this mean that the new map The Hidden Gorge and Astragalos will be a part of a daily map rotation system similar to Frontline?

Would like to have some clarification on this from a community rep, please.

Thank you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Villan Elle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by OskarXCI View Post
    With 4.5, we will be getting a new RW map. Does this mean that the new map The Hidden Gorge and Astragalos will be a part of a daily map rotation system similar to Frontline?

Would like to have some clarification on this from a community rep, please.

Thank you.

Not a community rep or anything, but didn't want to start a new thread about RW. That said, why doesn't anyone play RW? Queues are 30min+. What is the community take? Thanks in advance!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eternal Arcadia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Malevolence View Post
    Not a community rep or anything, but didn't want to start a new thread about RW. That said, why doesn't anyone play RW? Queues are 30min+. What is the community take? Thanks in advance!
    We have a Rival Wings discord that runs on weekends if you want to join.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mango Tango
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Malevolence View Post
    That said, why doesn't anyone play RW? Queues are 30min+. What is the community take? Thanks in advance!
    My take is that because of its implementation, it has a few factors working against it. One such issue working against it is the fact that it consistently requires a group of 44 (?) players to find a party, where as frontlines can alternate between 24 and 72 man. Lacking that flexibility hurts queue times. Also, the fact that its categorically seperated and is not included in the roulette makes it far less rewarding than frontlines due to not having a bonus incentive to queue for it.

Lastly, I think it doesnt get played because people don't understand what's happening and end up having a bad time. The introduction of multiple new mechanics makes it daunting to say the least. Some kind of first timer tutorial would be helpful, too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Villan Elle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango24 View Post
    My take is that because of its implementation, it has a few factors working against it. One such issue working against it is the fact that it consistently requires a group of 44 (?) players to find a party, where as frontlines can alternate between 24 and 72 man. Lacking that flexibility hurts queue times. Also, the fact that its categorically seperated and is not included in the roulette makes it far less rewarding than frontlines due to not having a bonus incentive to queue for it.

Lastly, I think it doesnt get played because people don't understand what's happening and end up having a bad time. The introduction of multiple new mechanics makes it daunting to say the least. Some kind of first timer tutorial would be helpful, too.
    That makes sense. I watched a few videos on YouTube before giving it a go - mostly because I really want the mech-gorilla mount. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it but agree - a tutorial would be super helpful as would adding it to the roulette (are they thinking of doing this?). Would really boost participation I think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sors Tyche
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I think the best course of action is to bring out the new map, at-least for a month or two and have it be that map only.
    Because people quing RW and making it pop will only want to see that map.
    If they get the other, we will likely see afks and leaves.

Once the honeymoon phase is over, make it a 66/33 ratio and over the course of time, make it 50/50
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinklet View Post
    I think the best course of action is to bring out the new map, at-least for a month or two and have it be that map only.
    Because people quing RW and making it pop will only want to see that map.
    If they get the other, we will likely see afks and leaves.

Once the honeymoon phase is over, make it a 66/33 ratio and over the course of time, make it 50/50
    So screw people that want to play Astragalos to get the gorilla mount? You want the new map? Wait until the next day when it's active. That way it's fair for everyone.
    (0)