Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tezu Silvin
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    Alright. Now this scuffed job is out, let's see. I really don't think they thought this through.
    1. It has no weapon (it's a glam). Hard to boost actual damage
    2. 1000 needles is the only meaningful way to kill mobs while leveling.
    3. DF require preformed party (can't actually enjoy solo play)
    4. More than half of the spells are from dungeons and Ex trials, so you have to beg people to carry.

I would've actually have fun if I can do things myself (ie. leveling with squadron npcs or solo dungeon to gain exp), but no it's all PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT.

This is truly the most "limited" content I've ever played. Leveling before getting 1000 needles is way worse than waiting for dps queue time.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Ceallach Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I'm level 17 and have learned all blue magic I can out in the field. I'm honestly really enjoying it, but people weren't being nice about leaving targets alive to see the skills we wanted.

Is it true, by the way, that you can learn blue magic from an enemy another party claimed?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
    I'm level 17 and have learned all blue magic I can out in the field. I'm honestly really enjoying it, but people weren't being nice about leaving targets alive to see the skills we wanted.

Is it true, by the way, that you can learn blue magic from an enemy another party claimed?
    If you qualify for exp, you qualify for learning the skill. It may even simply require being engaged with the enemy.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Magia Dragonnier
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Miziliti View Post
    Alright. Now this scuffed job is out, let's see. I really don't think they thought this through.
    1. It has no weapon (it's a glam). Hard to boost actual damage
    2. 1000 needles is the only meaningful way to kill mobs while leveling.
    3. DF require preformed party (can't actually enjoy solo play)
    4. More than half of the spells are from dungeons and Ex trials, so you have to beg people to carry.

I would've actually have fun if I can do things myself (ie. leveling with squadron npcs or solo dungeon to gain exp), but no it's all PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT PT.

This is truly the most "limited" content I've ever played. Leveling before getting 1000 needles is way worse than waiting for dps queue time.
    I absolutely agree with everything you've said, but the bold stuff especially. This is not a solo 'job' or solo experience. Not even close. If you want all of the abilities, you're going to need to interact with the party finder at some point or another.

I really like what they've made, it's just sad that it really only acts as a walking ability museum.
    (3)
    Last edited by Tabbs; 01-16-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    It's actually retarded that half the spells come from dungeons/trials at lvl50. Good thing they made all those instances unqueueable! You have to play dead weight along with a couple of lvl70 people to get the spells in any reasonable amount of time. "Designed for solo play, not suited for parties" my ass. This is the worst designed leveling experience since MCH.
    (5)
    Last edited by Kitfox; 01-16-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Blank Braver
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    So, finally tried the class. All of my fears were justified. BLU is both way too OP in a party setting and useless in a solo setting (dungeons). How tf did they manage that? On top of that, the only real way to do any meaningful damage as BLU is just to spam 1000 needles. Maybe Acorn bomb if you're underleveled. This is an embarrassment. If the most efficient way to do damage is to spam 1 or 2 abilities and literally nothing else, then you have a big problem on your hands. Nothing any amount of patching will fix.

Moreover, this job was advertised as a "solo experience". At least for the leveling part, that is a flat out lie. If you want to make any sort of progress towards unlocking the masked carnival, you have to do dungeons.... Dungeons you can't do by yourself (lol wut?). So many of the abilities are locked behind dungeons and trials, and instead of just tailoring BLU to be able to solo dungeons comparable to their level, they just got lazy and said "eh, we'll just lock BLU out of duty finder and force them to find their own party if they want these abilities." You actually have to go around and ask people to carry you.

Literally, the only thing BLU has going for it is the Masked Carnival. I haven't gotten that far yet, and at this point, I don't think I will. It might be fun. I dunno. I'll probably never know, because I can't be bothered to slog through this horrifying leveling experience to get to the good stuff. There's also still the exploit of getting exp quickly that SE has never fixed since ARR launch, where you (the low level) get a high level friend and, without being in a party, you go around and pick up tons of mobs and your friend just aoe's them down. Boom, instant level ups. No work put into it. Instant gratification. Rewarding laziness. Why SE refuses to fix this exploit is beyond me.

BLU is actually everything I thought it would be. It works exactly the way I said it would, and it only confirmed my fears that whoever designed this job has absolutely no idea what they're doing. It doesn't take a 10-year game developer to understand that BLU is an incoherent mess. No more limited jobs please. They will not work in ffxiv as they are. Either re-design the concept of a limited job, or discontinue them altogether. This is unacceptable.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Rei Makato
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    What the community tried to convince me BLU would be because it's limited: A varied interesting job with no fixed role or rotation.

What I got level 1-40: Cactus Mage

What I got 40-50: Rams Voice Mage

What I have at 50: A DPS with a Rotation just like any other dps with rng skills that don't work, and barely "Overpowered" DPS output
    (26)
    Savage Completion Rate ~5%+ of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to savage"
    Ultimate Completion Rate ~1% of active players. Community: "Ugh stop catering to the hardcore raiders"
    Frontline/ Rival Wings/ Hidden Gorge Mount Aquisition ~0.05-1% of active players. Community: "Ugh PVP is so dead in this game, they should stop investing in it"
    Blue Mage Morbol Mount Aquisition ~0.01% of active players. Community: "WoW bLuE mAgE iS sO fUn AnD aCtIvE i CaN't WaIt FoR mOrE lImItEd JoBs"

Player
    Character
    Rabina Layil
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    1. Not a class/job at all owing to restrictions.
    2. Basically a minigame, might have been better in Gold Saucer.
    3. Boring to level.
    4. Not useful outside of grinding BLU.

Waste of time.

Hope the devs didn't think this would get people to come back to play the game...
    (6)
    Step into my mind... there are terrors here which you cannot imagine.

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiMakoto View Post
    What the community tried to convince me BLU would be because it's limited: A varied interesting job with no fixed role or rotation.

What I got level 1-40: Cactus Mage

What I got 40-50: Rams Voice Mage

What I have at 50: A DPS with a Rotation just like any other dps with rng skills that don't work, and barely "Overpowered" DPS output
    Pretty spot on.
    (8)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    the biggest trouble is the lack of real choice for the dps of the blue mage and the lack of stats on the weapon, meaning you are underpowered compared at a normal class for the same ilevel, but still need to face the content... for get the spell.

then yes, the easier way to get the spell is to get carry, but even like this, with the chance to learn a spell you can end to do the same content over and over and over and over if you are unlucky.
    i do hope that more spell for deal actual damage will be added later, because right now.... you end to use mainly needle or water cannon.... and worst, the blue mage have less stats than the other caster (because of the weapon) and have insanely low potency for his spell...

an example:
    - Water cannon = 120 potency
    - fire = 180 potency
    - ruin 3 = 120 potency, but the sumoner have dot and pet for compensante.
    - jolt = 180 potency

like you can see the attack potency of the blue mage is far lower than other while having less stats in general.
    yes the passive go to +50% for the blu, but the other generally get 30% only 20% less it don't add up... some balance pass are needed for make other spell more interesting because right now, the game is a needle spam...
    (3)

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast