Character
    Atlyss Sol
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumivyory View Post
    And lalafells are almost hyurs but short ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love how people keep forgetting about differences of faces, race-locked hair, animations and lore of different races. Just because the race looks similar and has only a few different features doesn't mean it's "almost the same". There are more than just overall looks to take into consideration.
    I for one can't play a race if I can't stand it's animations, for example.

And on topic - even more excited now and impatiently waiting to see males on the next fest. Probably won't be swapping my main but one or two of my alts will definitely grow some long ears :'D
    Haha sure Lalafell are just short hyur.

Aside from just bunny ears they offer nothing substantial to the racial landscape we already have. Some of the previewed faces were not very distinct from miqote and they even seemed to share the arm cross idle animation au ra have, I hope that is a placeholder. Its a shame we play a game that has a single set of combat animations for every race and a overall majority of emotes are identical as well. I hope you get a good use of the base emote set so you can stand to play it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumivyory View Post
    And lalafells are almost hyurs but short ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love how people keep forgetting about differences of faces, race-locked hair, animations and lore of different races. Just because the race looks similar and has only a few different features doesn't mean it's "almost the same". There are more than just overall looks to take into consideration.
    I for one can't play a race if I can't stand it's animations, for example.
    Lalafells are short Elezen. Hyurs don't have pointy ears.

But YES to the rest of it. Even between clans with shared models, there's enough difference in the details and lore to make them interesting, and you can't just switch one for the other.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by laurtias View Post

Side note:
    In the concept art, the shield has a number 5 and what looks like two moons.... but you could also read it as 5.0!
    Has that been there all along since 2013!?
    Sincere apologies for performing a minor necro on this thread but the intensified discussions regarding Viera's made me go on a search for this post (and image) uploaded by Laurtias'.

This image has me wondering about several elements now.... thank you Laurtias.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ramesses; 02-16-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Leone Noir
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by artyport View Post
    I have a feeling we are going to get this

Tall Sexy Lady Viera.
    Short CUTE male and female Viera.
    Tall Muscular Hrothgar Male Lion DUDES.
    I'd be ok with this, although I have a feeling people would also request tall male viera and hrothgar females.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asuka Kiyomi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    Sincere apologies for performing a minor necro on this thread but the intensified discussions regarding Viera's made me go on a search for this post (and image) uploaded by Laurtias'.

This image has me wondering about several elements now.... thank you Laurtias.
    hate to be the bearer of bad news but iirc that was a entry that lost for the design a tank gear contest a while back, so that was made by a fan and not SE itself , they did slap there Copy-write on it since they were submitted to SE. at that time au ra wasn't announced i beleave.

though the fact it has a 5 on it and viera are coming in 5.0 is highly coincidental, but nothing more then that
    (3)

Sometimes you just got to have Some fun

Player
    Character
    Mia Cott
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas-04 View Post
    Some of the previewed faces were not very distinct from miqote and they even seemed to share the arm cross idle animation au ra have, I hope that is a placeholder. Its a shame we play a game that has a single set of combat animations for every race and a overall majority of emotes are identical as well. I hope you get a good use of the base emote set so you can stand to play it.
    To me they actually look quite different and I played Miqo'te from 2.0 to 4.0. Miqo'tes have stripes on most of their faces, different looking eye shape and pupils. I'd say Viera faces look closer to Hyurs.
    Viera do have a quite visible little nose marking which makes the faces different from other races.

The faces we saw on the teaser do look kinda the same to each other tho. I'm hoping for a bit more variety. And I hope we can make the nose marking stand out more cuz it's kinda cute.

True about the combat and most of emotes tho. Would be nice if we had at least minor differences for races.
    But I'm good as long as running and jumping aren't horrible -v-b
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Azi Kerilade
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    After seeing trailer about Viera, sort of got urge to purchase Fantasia.

But I'm honestly hoping that we'd get shorter option as well. Compared myself to Fran in-game, and she's a lot taller than I'm comfortable with. Top of my head is pretty much on her breast level.
    (1)

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84