Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71

PC Controller Trigger Half/Full Press for XHB?

hello. i can't help but to notice that on PC the XHB only activates on a FULL press of the trigger. i want activation immediately, regardless of pressure... how to remedy? anyone?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Windows Control panel?

Change the sensitivity perhaps. Might depend on your controller and drivers though. Had to tune mine down because the It was to sensitive. So it's set to about quarter press of the triggers
    (0)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    there's no option for it in Windows. and it doesn't have any software. the issue is the same across a multitude of controllers. both Dualshock 3 & 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller and a Mad Catz controller. the Mad Catz controller has software, but it doesn't include any options for this.

i am just hoping there is an easy way to fix this.

EDIT : after playing with settings through Steam, i am still unable to do anything about it. this is whack... the game only open the XHB when the trigger is COMPLETELY pressed, treating it like a button.
    (0)
    Last edited by BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY; 11-17-2018 at 06:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yui Tenshi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I don't play on Steam but it's possible Steam might override because they use their own software for controllers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Might be drivers.

If you use an Xbox one controller for example there's a bunch of different drivers out there. Some are called Xbox one controller. Some are called ms Xbox one controller, some are called microsoft xbox one controller. Even though theyre all microsoft drivers. They all work slightly different. Some of them make the pad rumble when Windows signs in. Some make the 4 lights circle.

If you have the right ones when you go into the game control panel and open the gamepad it should jump into an Xbox accessories configuration app (windows
    10 at leasy) in there you can change deadzones, sensitivity of sticks and triggers and how strong the rumble motors are. And a few other things.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

I tried to replicate this, but the Hot Bar initiated after barely pulling the R2 and L2 triggers (I was using a PS4 controller). I should note that the version I used was not launched through Steam.

Do you launch the game using Steam? Are you using a Steam controller configuration? Have you tried turning off the controller configuration from Steam? This may be affecting how the game reads the controller.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (2)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    i don't know... the game isn't bought and installed through Steam, but i have tried launching it without Steam. the only thing that did was have me calibrate the controller in-game to get the buttons to work again. it just seems the game isn't getting analog input. i know the analog input on the controllers is working, because i can do the half pull on desktop configuration from Steam and the actions work. (like my right trigger is set to left-click for just a half-pull, but set to do left-click in turbo mode for a full squeeze.) but i have also tried disabling desktop and chord configurations and using a non-custom game config.

out of my current controllers...

tried the dualshock 3, but could only get it to work wired.
    tried the dualshock 4, both wired and bluetooth. i don't have the dongle.
    tried an xbox 360 controller the has bluetooth built-in.
    got another 360 controller without bluetooth and haven't tried it yet.
    tried the xbox one controller, but only works wired. it seems to need an adapter/dongle.
    tried the mad catz controller, it uses an included dongle piece and won't connect directly.
    ALSO tried some unnamed generic controller that is wired.

i am waiting for a new controller, and an adapter to use a different controller too, in the mail. *cross fingers*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cro Nefero
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I think i may know whats going on?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cro Nefero
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    How do you you have your game settings and character settings set? Because it'll affect a lot of things, and i would suggest a double tap instead
    (0)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro93 View Post
    How do you you have your game settings and character settings set? Because it'll affect a lot of things, and i would suggest a double tap instead
    i am not entirely sure what you are asking or suggesting. i understand the double tap, but am not sure what you are suggesting to use double tap for. the WXHB? it opens by double tap on default. but if i could get analog working... i will configure the XHB to open on a half-pull and the WHXB on a full pull. heck... with enough fine-tuning, and depending on the controller, it is possible to add at least 3 commands to trigger pulls.

anyhow, as far as game settings go... the only related setting i could find is under controller in system settings, and that is the Sensitivity setting. a google search suggests it will adjust the deadzone on the right analog stick and triggers. changing it does have an effect on the right stick for me, but not the triggers. either way, i can't figure out why either the game is not picking up analog input, and/or it could be for some reason that i am not sending the analog to the game. but i do know the analog on my controllers and/or drivers is working.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast