Character
    Ganbatu Dotharl
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Scholar Faerie Help

Hello!

Recently I learned that I have been not using my Faeries properly (as I keep them on follow and let them do their thing on their own), so I would like to ask all of you Scholars out there to give me advice on things such as where to place my Faerire, when I should use their abilities and when, and macros for them.

Thank you in advance!
    (0)
    Self-Proclaimed Demon King

Player
    Character
    Connor Whelan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    For Placement basically just put them at the center of the area so their aoes hit everyone.

Use Whispering Dawn just before an aoe attack so that you don’t have to use Succor/Indom (let the regen do the healing). Fey Illumination is good for when you and/or co-healer need a healing boost, sometimes it’s worth using to help out co-healer if you have one. You can pop covenant whenever you want to reduce the damage of a magic attack, don’t think there’s anything more complex about it.

I don’t use macros but I don’t think they’re recommended due to delay, even for fairies. Generally you won’t need to manually have fairy use Embrace so I can’t imagine you’d get much mileage out of macroing it anyway.

Also knowing what you want your fairy to do somewhat in advance is a good practice, since she can sometimes randomly ignore you lol, especially if she’s going wild with Embrace.

Fey Union is best used for when tank is taking sustained damage but obviously you don’t want to touch yucky Adloquium or *vomiting sounds* Physick. You can also cancel out of it by using any of the fairy skills, so you don’t need to worry about t causing any delay with them
    (0)
    Last edited by Connor; 11-16-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ganbatu Dotharl
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Ok, thank!
    (0)
    Self-Proclaimed Demon King

Player
    Character
    Nixx Loha
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I have my Faerie cast embrace on targets i single target heal by including it in my mouse over macros like this:

/micon "Physick"
    /ac "Physick" <mo>
    /pac "Embrace" <mo>
    I have a macro for each Faerie that places their abilities in specific slots on my action bar when i summon them:

/micon "Summon"
    /ac "Summon"
    /hotbar pet "Fey Illumination" eos 2 4
    /hotbar pet "Whispering Dawn" eos 2 5
    /hotbar pet "Fey Covenant" eos 2 6
    /micon "Summon II"
    /ac "Summon II"
    /hotbar pet "Fey Caress" selene 2 4
    /hotbar pet "Fey Wind" selene 2 5
    /hotbar pet "Silent Dusk" selene 2 6
    This is to avoid keybind bloat it just puts them on the same 3 slots.

Macro for setting Faerie to Obey:

/micon "Obey" pet
    /pac "Steady"
    /pac "Obey"
    /pac "Heel"
    Aetherpact/Fey Union:

/micon "aetherpact"
    /ac "aetherpact" <mo>
    /ac "aetherpact"
    Place macro that will set the Faerie to Heel on the second click of it:

/pac Heel
    /pac Place
    /micon Place pet Eos
    This is to reduce binds again (its only using the Eos icon, commands both Faeries).

The other Faerie abilities I don't macro as they are not targeted and just get slotted depending on which faerie I summoned.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pumpkinspice Latte
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    ~Snip~
    I am the same with Connor. I play entirely with Eos on free. There is times where I do have her on obey so she wouldn’t use her abilities during savage content- I would use just one micro to make sure that is use at the correct time but normally I just have her own free. I would say that I use Eos as a back up healer and I try to make sure that I don’t rely on her and have her just randomly help me out when she can.My guild master told me a great scholar can be a great scholar without eos.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Poptartzilla View Post
    My guild master told me a great scholar can be a great scholar without eos.
    This is both true and really misleading lol. Progression of skill should be: Eos or Selene on free > mastering Eos on obey > Selene on obey. So yeah a great scholar will be such without Eos.. But a great scholar that doesn't leverage his/her faerie properly is not a great scholar.

Also to add to things that have already been said. You don't always want to place your faerie as some boss skills will kill her (tank busters for example). Sometimes it's better to have her heel and place her temporarily so a skill will hit everyone before having her heel again.

You also don't really need macros for your faerie now a days. The only exception being to set up your hotbars when you switch faeries like mentioned in a previous post.
    (0)