Character
    Papaneja Zazaneja
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic-Mal View Post
    Snip
    I agree. I was gonna edit my post but you took the words right out of my mouth, lol. I think that utilizing the Wolf Collars more would benefit everyone involved, no matter what position you've taken on top 100 rewards. The people who doubt their ability to climb far will have more motivation to come back next season. They'll have a seasonal goal of (x) amount of collars that they feel they can actually accomplish with their level of experience/talent.

The reason I'd go with collars is because they're tied to rank and I think people should still feel as if their ranking matters, regardless of whether they got top 100. Under the current system, people feel as if only the top 100 matters and everything else isn't recognized.

SE added a PvP mount to purchase with Wolf Marks. Since Wolf Collars take more effort to attain, I'd say why not add a nice Wolf Collar mount, regardless of what the top 100 rewards are? Why should the casual PvP currency offer so much more than the ranked currency?
    (4)

Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Levy9 View Post
    Snip
    Oooh. Wolf Collars. Right now they are so pointless I totally forgot about their existence and purpose. Lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic-Mal View Post
    Oooh. Wolf Collars. Right now they are so pointless I totally forgot about their existence and purpose. Lol.
    They can be converted into wolf marks and there's now some consumable items on the marks vendors for what it's worth. The housing, hair, mount stuff also costs quite a lot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Papaneja Zazaneja
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    They can be converted into wolf marks and there's now some consumable items on the marks vendors for what it's worth. The housing, hair, mount stuff also costs quite a lot.
    True but therein lies the problem. Marks > Collars atm. Collars are ultimately stand-ins for Marks and Marks can already be farmed rather quickly by just doing frontlines, which pops at almost any time of the day. You don't need to play ranked at all to farm them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zephera Mortera
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Lol again at the suggestion that wolf marks are suitable rewards for ranked PvP, you don't need to do ranked PvP to get marks so nobody is going to queue for it, they'll just queue for frontline instead.

And a certain person continues their passive aggressive streak, guess it's true some PvPers would rather fight other people than fix the problems with ranked PvP, namely that so few people play it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zephera; 11-15-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Even if the old rewards were available season after season (you place in the top 100, you get your choice of thing) it would be an improvement over the current way they're handled.

But they really do need to police the boards with the same intensity and scrutiny that they did for the tournament. That's probably the main reason people have such an aversion to Feast in the first place. Every time someone goes on Reddit and asks "how is PVP in this game?", they get the same responses -- "full of boosters and win traders, go play another game if you want PVP". Actually handling that would go a LONG way toward encouraging more players to participate.

Remember GARO? I saw veteran PVP'ers and beginners alike in Feast and it was glorious. Didn't win that match? No big deal, queue up and try again. It was so much calmer. I'm not saying there shouldn't be competition, but the very slim attainability of rewards from the outset usually makes people fall into one of three camps:

1) I can't do it, so why even try.
    2) I can't do it, so I'll pay someone else to do it for me.
    3) I'm going to try for it, and at least I'll get some collars for my effort.

Feast is barely clinging to life support right now. Even the tournament wasn't enough to generate much interest. At least on Primal, it took forever until there were 10 parties even ON the boards. SE has made a lot of changes to make Feast more beginner-friendly but they're forgetting the one thing that makes people want to do things in the first place - the SHINY.

Even if the reward you could buy with collars was a little different than the one you got from placing, that would be acceptable. Although I'd prefer it if we had a choice, since ranked light party isn't a thing anymore.

Bottom line - we need more people in Feast. If you're against making old rewards more attainable, how else would you encourage it??
    (3)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinklet View Post
    snip
    This a nice rant and all but I'm pretty sure no one said those things weren't problems. Obviously they are problems. But this is a topic about rewards so that's what people are going to talk about here. People in this wonderful community of FFXIV only ever care about rewards. Since when has anyone in this game do content that has no reward? Even content with rewards that may be irrelevant are seen as DoA.

Veterans being the primary chunk of the Feast playerbase is a big issue when it comes to new player retention. Because as you said, they get stomped embarrassingly. No amount of server tick or job changes will fix THAT issue. No one will want to stick through getting stomped in 30secs never seeing their rank go up. So they quit -> veterans rank up with each other -> ranks behind them die as they move with vets -> new player retention stays dead. Ranking up past Silver even mid-season has been a complaint since season 2. Queue time is a never-ending complaint. These issues need fixing first.

I started in Season 2 Midway as ranged so I know the pain. I got to Silver and never got past that point. Not because of skill but because the queues no longer popped. Season 3 came along and I got up to Diamond rank. Throughout the seasons I got Bronze - Platinum titles(purposely losing seasons to get titles, another major oversight). I know how it all is.

Even now only 1 week after the season started, in Gold rank, Ranged queues are eternally set at "More Than 30m" it seems. I can't even play the job I am good at. Having to scrape by as WHM, DRG, and even DRK. Because if I want nice queues, I can't play what I want. Think about how a newbie would feel with that realization? There's another issue.
    (2)
    Last edited by Magic-Mal; 11-16-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Willielmus Lannis
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Top rewards should stay top rewards, old rewards should stay old and exclusive to their respective season/s (each reward is pretty much available for 2 seasons). Each season is unique, in a way. Take the earlier seasons, for example: things were very different and harder whereas now it's extremely easy to get top 100. I don't think there's anything that should be changed in regards to the exclusivity of the rewards (they were promised to be exclusive). These reward people for their time and effort and I think it's nice to have things in the game like these. I wish the world first/second/etc. have their equivalent but alas there's no game reward for them.

There should be FAR more things to spend Wolf Collars on, preferably actual, complete rewards and these should be the participation rewards. Right now, they are barely even rewards.
    (7)

Player

More reward will just make players queueing for rewards and playing till they get it.
    Its fun to have new rewards with wolfmarks but thats it...
    Population by roles is what make the queue so long, like said before.
    And for the olds reward if SE want to make them aviable or not, because some players want and other think its should stay exlclusive.
    One thing i think, if some guys want the Olders ons its maybe because HW mount and stuff was cooler.
    (2)
    Last edited by kensatsu; 11-16-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Papaneja Zazaneja
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    The server tickrate...
    Applies to all content in the game, PvE included. Fixing that goes way beyond the scope of a PvP rewards thread.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...7S-is-an-issue.

Job design
    PvE job threads feature non-stop complaints about job design and balance. I'm not sure why you came into a PvP rewards thread to talk about universal issues that PvE content arguably struggles with even more than PvP content.

We need a pre-season because on main content releases like raids,story, hoth, eureka, this list goes on the community is divided inbetween doing that for two weeks, then moving on to pvp content.
    So PvPers do participate in PvE reward treadmills? PvPers raid and grind in Eureka? It's almost as if MMO PvP takes place in a larger, progression/grind oriented MMO setting wherein people sub for a variety of content, with the core intent of progressing their character, regardless of what they choose to spend the most of their time on. It seems that PvPers can be incentivized to do PvE and enjoy it, but the reverse can't possibly be true.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but adding rewards to something that isn't intrinsically fun for many people is not going to make it fun.
    Strawman argument, plus logical fallacy. Why play PvP for fun when you can have just as much fun raiding and simultaneously be rewarded while getting more content updates? Remember, this is a shared world; PvP is not it's own standalone game with the same budget as the PvE portion of FFXIV. Let's not play this game where we pretend that PvP has the same budget as PvE but is just badly designed. PvE gets 20 times the content over the course of an expansion and PvE players still aren't completely sated. FFXIV's PvP alone couldn't pass as it's own subscription game. There just isn't enough content, not enough classes, maps, updates, etc to justify a monthly sub.

A cost-effective way to increase the player pool is by simply offering attainable rewards that connect PvP to the overall MMO world, something the average joe can walk away from PvP with into other forms of content, into the FFXIV world. There is no reward structure in ranked (outside of top 100) that connects the player to the overall MMO world he/she is subscribed to.

If someone only wanted PvP independent of the MMO environment, they could get more content from a game like Dota 2 or League of Legends for free. You don't need to subscribe to an MMO to PvP, thus i'll have to assume that MMO PvPers do actually want their PvP to connect to the MMO world they are in. One basic line of connection is rewards that stay with your character, things you can fight for then take outside of PvP. This really isn't conjecture. We all saw PvP explode in popularity during the Garo event.

As far as the other suggestions go (more maps, tutorials, better reporting, etc.) I haven't seen anyone here argue against those things. It's not a mutually exclusive situation. You can have a better reward structure and those things, simultaneously.
    (6)
    Last edited by Levy9; 11-16-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast